Now you're just collateral damage!

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
Net Neutrality.

Hot button issue - moot, you might think, since Obama & Company have seized control of The Internet under the guise of that being "good for you".

But I'm only an observer. The downside I feel is obvious is the cascade of fees and taxes that will be along in the fullness of time. Experts, though, think there's more over which to be concerned:

Unnecessary Collateral Damage From FCC Internet Regulation The Daily Caller

"Long called the “nuclear” option, the FCC preemptively triggered Title II Internet regulation ostensibly to prevent potential new net neutrality problems, which the FCC admits it can’t yet identify."

"Title II is inherently comprehensive, capturing the whole telecommunications ecosystem. It presumes end to end, and top to bottom, FCC control of a vertically-integrated AT&T monopoly, including local and long distance communications, telecom equipment and devices manufacturing, Bell Labs R&D and content, publishing and advertising in Yellow Pages directories."

"What will be the likely collateral damage from Title II?m Consumers face the uncertainty of higher prices, fees and taxes over time, reduced competition and infrastructure improvements. Minority, poor, and underserved populations are especially at risk of losing service from higher prices, fees and taxes. Innovators face the new and unnecessary uncertainty of FCC second-guessing and after the fact rejection of their innovations by opaque, arbitrary and unnecessary FCC innovation permission panels."

The article concludes by pondering why any bureaucratic agency should be allowed to inflict so much pain for so little gain:

"Innocent bystanders beware, the FCC treats you as acceptable collateral damage."

Please read the whole linked article before reciting the Obama playbook passages on the subject.

The Obama administration likes to tout how it is taxing the big business man, but neglects to tell the sheeple that when the big business man is taxed, he just passes that tax down to his customers. That is what has happened to me with my Wild Blue Satellite system. Viasat owns Wild Blue so now each year, I get an additional "equipment recovery fee" added to my bill. It isn't much, only about $4 extra, and it is only once a year, but the tax is there, just the same. I predict more taxes on the ISP's, which will mean I will have to pay more. Sure, I talk about getting rid of the whole thing, but as a federal retiree, I still must get in contact with the Office of Personnel Management, and the Internet beats sitting on the phone any time.

Forum List

Back