Now they can't even "charge" my landline to activate...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wanted to order land line to use as my wifes name was on the old line and she cancelled it. Wouldn't you know it, first they told me it would take 24 hours to charge (huh?). This is particularly odd because I have an old chat transcript from a few years ago where the guy told me it would take five minutes. Then, as I wanted a full day, no dial tone on my line.

You have to understand Bell owns these lines, they used to be the Crown Company, "Ma Bell" is their nickname. They have a bloody monopoly on the old landlines, so even if Rogers wants to use them they need to run a converter through their cable and it is essentially high quality VOIP

These lines are ancient and all they do is activate them from afar. For some reason, my home is the one in a million in which they aren't able to activate. I am told they need to send a tech person out. Really, what are they going to do, the line to my home is hanging from the roof? One can only guess.

I don't want a cell because I know how the Creepy Ones use their Stingray without a warrant because that's what good Eastern Bloc States do to citizens who have been persecuted and "know too much". I speak on a cell, they can "accidentally and inadvertently catch" all of my conversations.

The only sure fire source in which they need a warrant is a landline. That is of course, if I don't let them mess with my wife or my jacks. They would have to convince a judge that somehow I am a threat to exposing them and thus they need to intercept my calls if they simply charged my line as other citizens enjoy.

My guess is this is about my house. They want me penniless and homeless.

Landlines are much easier to hack and tap into than cell phones...........even a raging, imbecile like Lakhota could do it!!!

WHY do you need a landline?
Exactly WHAT are they "charging"?
Do they have to hookup a powerconverter to the line or something???

Yeah, "Ma Bell" is highly corrupt and vile.........just like their offspring, AT&T.

Landlines are much easier to hack and tap into than cell phones...........even a raging, imbecile like Lakhota could do it!!!

WHY do you need a landline?
Exactly WHAT are they "charging"?
Do they have to hookup a powerconverter to the line or something???

Yeah, "Ma Bell" is highly corrupt and vile.........just like their offspring, AT&T.
They simply activate the jacks so that I have service. Not unlike cable, your electricity grid,.gas etc. Both phones which I used wth another company, say, "no line". They gaslight me by suggesting the phone is ringing when they call. Then suggest a technician has to come by. For what?. Literally the exact same lines I have used with ther competitior for 15 years broke within a few days?? The person taking the call won't know anything it will just say "send out a technician". One of their covert "senior, tech gurus" in the backoffice will flag the troubleshooting response for my "issue" and I won't be able to get around it. All the while they simply won't charge the line until they do. And no, cell phone is far easier to pick up in this country, they do so without warrants. They've been caught. The old analog lines avoid their nefarious abuses that's why they cost 3x the price.

I think generally they test to the box on the side of the house. If it is not working there, then it is an inside issue. When we had a telephone company landline you could open the box and plug in there. If it wasn't working, it was their issue. If it was working there, it was your issue.

Anyway after my mom died, I called verizon about her phone to get it it transferred into my name. They said they would need her consent before they could do that. I told them then they were going to need to go to her grave and ask and if she said no, they were going to have to get her to pay the bill too because otherwise, I would just let it sit there and never pay it until they disconnected it. Suddenly they could talk to me about her account and were happy to transfer it into my name.

I think generally they test to the box on the side of the house. If it is not working there, then it is an inside issue. When we had a telephone company landline you could open the box and plug in there. If it wasn't working, it was their issue. If it was working there, it was your issue.

Anyway after my mom died, I called verizon about her phone to get it it transferred into my name. They said they would need her consent before they could do that. I told them then they were going to need to go to her grave and ask and if she said no, they were going to have to get her to pay the bill too because otherwise, I would just let it sit there and never pay it until they disconnected it. Suddenly they could talk to me about her account and were happy to transfer it into my name.
Well yeah of course, they couldn't know those details beforehand. Did they require a Death Certificate or any procedure to confirm ? (Sorry for your loss).

It's a wonder you can even handle basic living whilst coping with these shattering life experiences .
It's such a good job that you have Baby Jesus to comfort you in your hours of need .
Or, I can send you my anti BS gadget which cuts out whining and bleating at source .
It quietly suffocates disadvantaged sufferers .

It's a wonder you can even handle basic living whilst coping with these shattering life experiences .
It's such a good job that you have Baby Jesus to comfort you in your hours of need .
Or, I can send you my anti BS gadget which cuts out whining and bleating at source .
It quietly suffocates disadvantaged sufferers .
Your mother must be so proud of the child she raised.

Well yeah of course, they couldn't know those details beforehand. Did they require a Death Certificate or any procedure to confirm ? (Sorry for your loss).

I told them she was dead when they first connected. They were just being obtuse. They didn't require any proof once I said they weren't going to be getting paid any further. Some of her medical providers needed me to fax them one for they would speak with me. Some did not. Some just wanted it for their records like her primary care physician. Some still insisted on payment and a couple had a "Oh if she died, we just writeoff the balance and be done with it" policy (which shocked the hell out of me). I was one of her POA's when she was alive so some of the people I had to deal with I had already been dealing with so my name was already in their system on her accounts.

Anyway, as to your phone issue, if they are saying you have service but your really don't, I would open up the box on the side of the house. If the things that look like the end of phone cords aren't plugged into the jacks, plug them into the jacks and see if that works inside. If not unplug them and plug a corded phone into each available one and see if that works (which tells you you have an inside wiring issue).

Try a Magic Jack device. I have been using one for years. Works great.

Forum List

Back