Now The Word "Orient" Is Racist And Politically Incorrect

Abbey Normal said:
Let's see:

Colored => Negro => Black => African-American

;)

i love it here on the left coast.....

dinner party the other night......black woman says i am african american......blue haired old woman says

really....what part of africa are you from? :clap1:

manu1959 said:

dinner party the other night......black woman says i am african american......blue haired old woman says

ahhh the safety of being old-----no one knows how to react to em when these gems come out ! :teeth:

You guys forget what I've told you. I'm still finishing up High School, but it's a Catholic High School (that's the catch to it having conservative indoctrination)

I want to also say I don't care what racial slurs people call me. I can be called redskin, half breed (don't ask...it's been done before), or cracka or any of those white racial slurs and I don't care. Why? They are just words. You can only be offended by words if you let them get to you. That's my take on it anyways.

Kagom said:
Ditto. I was told long ago in second grade that saying someone was Oriental or a Chinaman was racist and unkind.

That's just dumb. Is being called an American racist unkind?

The Orient historically refers to a geographic location, and "Oriental," people from that geographic location.

A whole lot of whining about NOTHING.

The ClayTaurus said:
Is this your passive agressive way of calling me an idiot that sickens you? Or am I just reading too much into things... :gross2:

That was just my opinion.

Something I would hope you'd have noticed about me already clay, and that's if I want to make a comment to or about you, it won't leave you "guessing".

Kagom said:
You guys forget what I've told you. I'm still finishing up High School, but it's a Catholic High School (that's the catch to it having conservative indoctrination)

So... if there's a conservative influence at your school, it's "indocrination". I suppose if it was a liberal influence, and they told you how wonderful you were being a queer, that WOULDN'T be "indoctrination".

Not quite sure even yet kag, how you got so mixed up.

to Kagom:

What catholic School did you goto? In my experience Catholic School meant you dealt with the scrub teachers that couldnt make it in Public school. They werent necessarily Catholic. They just couldnt get a job in Public school. I went to 12 years of Catholic School and there was just as much liberal BS there (minus the pro-abortion crowd) as any other school. They believed in the touchy feely nature of the world. Even though they promoted private charities, they thought it evil that people werent forced to give their money to those in need. You would get the smelly hippy teaching Socio-Economics in English class to a bunch of kids who didnt even know politics out side of Clinton getting a BJ.

In short, Catholic School may not be as fucked up as public but its by no means a "conservative indoctrination."

dilloduck said:
Being the bastion of free speech America will also become the bastion of whiners. People need to learn to excercise thier right to shut up a bit more often. I'd be quite happy if "I am a victim" would banned and designated a whining, not speaking.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Abbey Normal said:
Let's see:

Colored => Negro => Black => African-American

Chinamen => Oriental => Asian => ?

The way I see it, Asian will also be considered offensive in about 5 years.

Where are we with Middle Eastern? Is that offensive yet?

Of course for contrast, there's the perenially popular and never questioned:
White => white => white => white.

I am not sure why ethnic terms are ok, then all of a sudden they're not, but I guess we need to continually re-orient ourselves to the correct terminology. ;)

My daily paper has the column The Cultureal Coach. In one article she was talking about European Americans. That one annoyed me enough to send a letter stating that my grandfather, father and many uncles had fought in wars for this country and we're AMERICANS and proud of it period.

manu1959 said:

My grandmother complimented my hispanic friend on his nice tan.

GotZoom said:
My grandmother complimented my hispanic friend on his nice tan.

Gotta love grandparents. I was a pre-teen before I realized that your not supposed to call Brazil nuts ni##er toes.

Trigg said:
Gotta love grandparents. I was a pre-teen before I realized that your not supposed to call Brazil nuts ni##er toes.

Don't tell anyone, but I work with a couple of people who still call them that.

Pale Rider said:
So... if there's a conservative influence at your school, it's "indocrination". I suppose if it was a liberal influence, and they told you how wonderful you were being a queer, that WOULDN'T be "indoctrination".

Not quite sure even yet kag, how you got so mixed up.
Your asininity never ceases to amaze.

I'm not so slow witted that I don't know there's indoctirination of some kind in ALL schools. Just back off and find someone else to bother. You're not getting anywhere with your b-s.

Forum List

Back