Now let's talk of Spain... maybe...

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
Its a shame but Mac didnt know just what the hell he was talking about... I heard the audio last night... Man.. what was going through that old mans head...

When the questioner said, "Now let's talk of Spain" and asked whether he'd invite Zapatero, McCain responded with a vague statement that he would meet "with those leaders who are our friends" and then cited Mexican President Felipe Calderón as an example. The questioner tried several more times to steer the Senator back to a clear answer on Spain, but McCain never directly addressed the nation, saying, "What I would say is that my record is that of someone who has worked in a friendly atmosphere with those who are our friends and faced up to those who aren't."

From this, much of the Spanish press has concluded that the Republican candidate, who hails himself as the experienced foreign policy choice in this election, confused Spain — a NATO member and key ally in the fight against terrorism — with one of those troublesome Latin American states. That was certainly the interviewer's impression, for she followed up with a gentle reminder that Spain was a country in Europe. As Spanish newspaper El País put it, "In the best-case scenario, [his answer] demonstrates his ignorance with respect to Zapatero."
The Pain in Spain Falls Mainly on McCain - TIME

In macs defense. he a... I mean its gotta be... um.. actually there is no defense. Mac just couldnt get it in his head that spain is in Europe...

The Pain in Spain Falls Mainly on McCain

I nominate that headline for BEST TITLE OF THE YEAR!

I can't believe he thinks Mexico is our ally and friend. Although he says he learned his lesson about his support for illegal alien amnesty, I fear he hasn't.

Its a shame but Mac didnt know just what the hell he was talking about... I heard the audio last night... Man.. what was going through that old mans head...

The Pain in Spain Falls Mainly on McCain - TIME

In macs defense. he a... I mean its gotta be... um.. actually there is no defense. Mac just couldnt get it in his head that spain is in Europe...

I saw that news story when it first aired on the major news networks and I couldn't believe my ears. Even after a gentle nudge from the interviewer, he went right on with his Latin America rhetoric. Wouldn't the average person give themselves a big V-8 thump to the head and correct themselves?

This subject came up in another thread on this site and the poster suggested that maybe McCain was in the early stages of some sort of dementia. I'm not sure that it may not be within the realm of possibilty.

Yeah.. I didnt think this thread would get much play...

You'll notice the ones where the GOP can't be right are the ones they don't post in.

The ones that can be debated or seem in their favor with numbers they flock to on this board.

Simple stuff really.

Forum List

Back