Now it's a basic law: The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people

THIS thread, again, is not about anything Israel, it is about the Creation of Israel and the Mandate for Palestine.
What embarrassing nonsense...read what you just wrote...
What is the title of this thread?
Where does it say "Anything on Israel" ?

Do you mean that you really do not want to go to the real thread where your subject was discussed and continue to discuss it there?
Did you miss reading the rules of the Community?

The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

THIS thread, again, is not about anything Israel, it is about the Creation of Israel and the Mandate for Palestine.

Do you mean that you really do not want to go to the real thread where your subject was discussed and continue to discuss it there?

The Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate
Great, your objection is noted, so shut up already...

Your lack of research points to a double standard applied only to Israel.
The lack of research was invented on your part. As anyone can see by scrolling up. I am simply not going to kowtow to your little hissy fit.
No, we shall kowtow to YOUR little hissy fits.

Because your hissy fits show that you do not know what you are talking about and do not care to do any homework, not even one little research on the internet to emphasize the truth of what you are alleging.

The correct place to discuss the laws which passed is on the thread above. Let us go there, or just finish this lame and empty discussion right here.

And you are both throwing little hissies for no reason. I am on israel's side.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and say, if Jewish people/supporters throw "little hissies" rather than belittling us, you might want to consider what we are saying. You know, especially if you are "on Israel's side".

Because your comments are very, very difficult to separate from those not on Israel's side who frequently use the saem antisemitic double standards that you do.

Start with coming up with an OBJECTIVE list of criteria which defines a "supremacy" state and then apply it to a few dozens different States. Do the work. Then come back. We'll wait.

Great, your objection is noted, so shut up already...
You just proved it again.

Nothing but thin air.

So long ignoramus.

No, I think we will ignore your lame attempt to chamge lanes, and, instead, address the wording of the law i mentioned. Well, you won't...you will throw a fit and try to change the subject.

The subject, which you brought up, is your claim that Israel is a "supremacy" state. Your lack of defined criteria, combined with your lack of research demonstrates you are having a knee-jerk reaction to something you've heard, but clearly lack an understanding about.

Because your comments are very, very difficult to separate from those not on Israel's side who frequently use the saem antisemitic double standards that you do.
Only due to your own ignorance. My words mirror the words of many secular, leftist Jews in Israel. Every time the right wing religious nutballs pass another law like the one I mentioned, Israel strays further from its original mandate.

The subject, which you brought up, is your claim that Israel is a "supremacy" state.
Correct. It is now a Jewish supremacy state. It is literally codified into their laws, now. That was an error. Until it is uncodified, it will remain a Jewish supremacy state.

Name me threads where you have condemned another State as being "supremacy
Hmm,no, what I had for breakfast has no bearing on the analysis presented. But you are free to sign up for my fanclub, which will provide you with regular updates and dick pics.

Of course you are not going to link me to places where you have condemned other states as being "supremacy". You know as well as I do that you have never done such a thing.

Instead we get the usual insults and personal attacks because you can't have a decent, respectful, objective and discerning discussion about actual topics and valid criticism.

In fact, next your are probably going to whine that Jews shut down conversations when someone criticizes Israel. For future reference, if you don't want to appear antisemitic, then you MUST apply the same standards to Israel which you apply to other states. Not actually that hard.

Of course you are not going to link me to places where you have condemned other states as being "supremacy".
Correct, for two reasons. It is irrelevant to the analysis presented here, and I refuse to kowtow to your little hissy. It does all the work on undermining you as a nonserious, emotional, irrational actor for me.

If I gave you ONE, would you put the binky back in your mouth and shut up for a while?

The subject, which you brought up, is your claim that Israel is a "supremacy" state.
Correct. It is now a Jewish supremacy state. It is literally codified into their laws, now.

It is codified into the laws, constitutions and charters of dozens, hundreds of countries. Indeed, it is the international STANDARD for national liberation movements and self-determination of states.

When you first came to this thread, why didn't you complain about the supremacy state of Palestine? This board is about both Israel AND Palestine, you know.

The truth is that the Law of Return and the nation-state law are simple, natural laws, because at their core lies the deep, moral foundation on which the state of Israel was established as the nation state of the Jewish people. There is one state in all the world that is the homeland of the people of Israel. It is where the Jews have the right to realize the prophecies of the Biblical prophets and to ingather the exiles after years of wandering outside our national home, under constant existential threat. Israel has a historical responsibility for every Jew, wherever they may be. You can't accuse a family of racism for preferring a family member over a stranger, particularly when the family has the kind of bloody history that the family of the Jews has. But regardless of all this, within the national confines, every individual has the right to equal citizenship, without exception.

The critics of the law have a problem with the very meaning of the Jews' return to history. Establishing a state means having to use force. It means police and military action. In other words, it is a shift from being exclusively a cultural civilization and becoming a national entity, adding another dimension to the identity. This is difficult for some Jews, who would prefer to remain the victims rather than hold the sword - in their eyes, that's what Esau would do, not Jacob. Some of these Jews opted to remain in exile, where other people can handle the use of force and the Jews are free to focus on the spirit, commerce and culture.

Schocken, Haaretz's publisher, told me that his problem with nationalism is that "Judaism has nothing to do with nationalism. Judaism is cool." As a rule, he argued, "all this nationalism that you people have stuffed into Judaism is a sign of serious regression."

In short, Judaism is agreeable as long as it is nothing more than folklore, an intellectual amusement, fertile ground for academic research, general prophets' ethics, or even just a religion. But when nationalism becomes involved, it's a different story.

But the truth is that Judaism has never been just a religion. We were a nation thousands of years ago. That is the unique character of our people, as it was recorded in the Bible. It is a national movement that centers around a moral idea that also manifests in a religious manner. It is the national aspect of Judaism that supports the spiritual, moral and religious dimensions not just in the lives of individuals, as righteous as they may be, but in the collective life of a nation comprising all walks of life. Anyone looking to remove the national dimension from Judaism, or sees it as a "serious regression," is trying to alter our identity. That is precisely what the debate is about.

(full article online)

http://www.israelhayom.com/2018/11/16/another-type-of-anti-semitic-incitement/

Prophecy being fulfilled

70 years after the establishment of a Jewish state was declared, now it became a basic (constitutional) law.

The full text of the law:

Basic Law: Israel as the Nation State of the Jewish People

1 — Basic principles

A. The land of Israel is the historical homeland of the Jewish people, in which the State of Israel was established.

B. The State of Israel is the national home of the Jewish people, in which it fulfills its natural, cultural, religious and historical right to self-determination.

C. The right to exercise national self-determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people.

2 — The symbols of the state

A. The name of the state is “Israel.”

B. The state flag is white with two blue stripes near the edges and a blue Star of David in the center.

C. The state emblem is a seven-branched menorah with olive leaves on both sides and the word “Israel” beneath it.

D. The state anthem is “Hatikvah.”

E. Details regarding state symbols will be determined by the law.

3 — The capital of the state

Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel.

4 — Language

A. The state’s language is Hebrew.

B. The Arabic language has a special status in the state; Regulating the use of Arabic in state institutions or by them will be set in law.

C. This clause does not harm the status given to the Arabic language before this law came into effect.

5 — Ingathering of the exiles

The state will be open for Jewish immigration and the ingathering of exiles

6 — Connection to the Jewish people

A. The state will strive to ensure the safety of the members of the Jewish people in trouble or in captivity due to the fact of their Jewishness or their citizenship.

B. The state shall act within the Diaspora to strengthen the affinity between the state and members of the Jewish people.

C. The state shall act to preserve the cultural, historical and religious heritage of the Jewish people among Jews in the Diaspora.

7 — Jewish settlement

A. The state views the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation.

8 — Official calendar

The Hebrew calendar is the official calendar of the state and alongside it the Gregorian calendar will be used as an official calendar. Use of the Hebrew calendar and the Gregorian calendar will be determined by law.

9 — Independence Day and memorial days

A. Independence Day is the official national holiday of the state.

B. Memorial Day for the Fallen in Israel’s Wars and Holocaust and Heroism Remembrance Day are official memorial days of the State.

10 — Days of rest and sabbath

The Sabbath and the festivals of Israel are the established days of rest in the state; Non-Jews have a right to maintain days of rest on their Sabbaths and festivals; Details of this issue will be determined by law.

11 — Immutability

This Basic Law shall not be amended, unless by another Basic Law passed by a majority of Knesset members.

That’s never going to happen according to scripture. After the return of Christ and Judgment day, and the beginning of the millennial reign of a Christ Jews and Christians become one people, one flock, one church.

Like the official implementation of apartheid to ensure Boer values were preserved.
Unlike the Dutch people, Jews originated in the land of Israel.
Do You see any reference to skin color?

Yes they were once some sects of the Canaanites, and the bible says EKE: Your mother was a Hittite and your father an Amorite.

Lets face it, anyone from Judea was known as a jew. Good now that that is settled we can take Judeo off of Christian.

Zachariah 12-2

Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem

Zachariah 12-3

And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zachariah 12-6

In that day will I make the governors of Judah like an hearth of fire among the wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf; and they shall devour all the people round about, on the right hand and on the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place, even in Jerusalem.

Zachariah 12-8

In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the LORD before them.

Zachariah 12-9

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

Zachariah 12-10 (The Return of
Jesus who was crucified as Messiah Bin Joseph and is returning as Messiah Bin David)

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Zachariah 13-1

In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.

Zachariah 13-6

And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

The truth is that the Law of Return and the nation-state law are simple, natural laws, because at their core lies the deep, moral foundation on which the state of Israel was established as the nation state of the Jewish people. There is one state in all the world that is the homeland of the people of Israel. It is where the Jews have the right to realize the prophecies of the Biblical prophets and to ingather the exiles after years of wandering outside our national home, under constant existential threat. Israel has a historical responsibility for every Jew, wherever they may be. You can't accuse a family of racism for preferring a family member over a stranger, particularly when the family has the kind of bloody history that the family of the Jews has. But regardless of all this, within the national confines, every individual has the right to equal citizenship, without exception.

The critics of the law have a problem with the very meaning of the Jews' return to history. Establishing a state means having to use force. It means police and military action. In other words, it is a shift from being exclusively a cultural civilization and becoming a national entity, adding another dimension to the identity. This is difficult for some Jews, who would prefer to remain the victims rather than hold the sword - in their eyes, that's what Esau would do, not Jacob. Some of these Jews opted to remain in exile, where other people can handle the use of force and the Jews are free to focus on the spirit, commerce and culture.

Schocken, Haaretz's publisher, told me that his problem with nationalism is that "Judaism has nothing to do with nationalism. Judaism is cool." As a rule, he argued, "all this nationalism that you people have stuffed into Judaism is a sign of serious regression."

In short, Judaism is agreeable as long as it is nothing more than folklore, an intellectual amusement, fertile ground for academic research, general prophets' ethics, or even just a religion. But when nationalism becomes involved, it's a different story.

But the truth is that Judaism has never been just a religion. We were a nation thousands of years ago. That is the unique character of our people, as it was recorded in the Bible. It is a national movement that centers around a moral idea that also manifests in a religious manner. It is the national aspect of Judaism that supports the spiritual, moral and religious dimensions not just in the lives of individuals, as righteous as they may be, but in the collective life of a nation comprising all walks of life. Anyone looking to remove the national dimension from Judaism, or sees it as a "serious regression," is trying to alter our identity. That is precisely what the debate is about.

(full article online)

http://www.israelhayom.com/2018/11/16/another-type-of-anti-semitic-incitement/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back