Now I Learn Even Spiders are Self-Aware

Humans have long marvelled at the intricate architecture of spider webs, but one of their greatest tricks has gone widely unnoticed and has possibly confirmed they have the mental capacity to be mentally self-aware.

Self-awareness is the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognise oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.

The capacity for self-awareness has been extensively studied in animals such as elephants, primates and cetaceans but there is little knowledge of this capacity in animals such as spiders and other invertebrates.

But new evidence now provides us with a strong argument to suggest that animals such as spiders are just as self-aware as we are

Awww hell no!

1635904696052.png

All living things are self aware.........except for Democrats, Libturdz, and Snowflakes.
Hmmmm, I would even find it hard to say that they are a living thing as well.
Democrats somehow crossed thru into our dimension from the planet Htrae (Earth backwards) AKA Bizarro World where up is down, good is bad, and right is wrong

If the title of this OP makes you anxious ... time to read this book ...

25499718.jpg

I found a ground beetle upside on the driveway once. I got a twig and let the beetle grab onto it and I put it right-side up on the twig on the side of the driveway. It stayed there for a while. I walked past several times and checked on it. I waived the last time I saw it and it waived back with one of its six legs. I never saw it after that.

It's scary discovering that even the "least" of God's Creation is far more advanced than we realize. We pay no attention to the lives they live

View attachment 559703

I often consider the sentience of lesser creatures. I also contemplate the countless thousands of years men were the food of super predators prior to the inventions which flipped the food chain in our favor. The wild things had their day. Now it is our turn to master the planet. All of that being said, I would not mind a return to the ancient days when hypercarnivores ruled the land and there was damn good reason to fear the night.

The Universe is self aware
Interesting quote I posted in another thread about consciousness.

"Some years ago I began to entertain the thought that a universe that to be needs to be known, to that end has taken on a design that breeds and fosters life; so that life might eventually, here and there, evolve scientists who could cast back upon the history that produced them, and could begin to understand it. That, through their knowing, the universe could achieve increasingly the reality of becoming known, of coming to know itself."

I often consider the sentience of lesser creatures. I also contemplate the countless thousands of years men were the food of super predators prior to the inventions which flipped the food chain in our favor. The wild things had their day. Now it is our turn to master the planet. All of that being said, I would not mind a return to the ancient days when hypercarnivores ruled the land and there was damn good reason to fear the night.

Heavily-armed of course. Right? :laugh:

Forum List

Back