November 27, 2013: a day at a glance

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Occasionally, I simply take screenshots of the front pages of many websites that represent:

a.) the so-called "mainstream-media".
b.) Right-leaning media
c.) Left-leaning media

I do this for a number of reasons, the most important of which is to quickly see what each news outlet tends to prioritize. And so, on a "normal" news day, one day before Thanksgiving, but a day when a number of people take the day off to get ready for the Holiday and therefore might be more apt to also catch the news, I thought it would be good just to get an overview.

Secondly, I do it because I tend to get my information from many sources, ranging from the most Right-Wing to the most Left-Wing. Perhaps I do this because I am of the opinion that no one news source will ever be able to get out all the news, and different news outlets tend to have a definite slant, which is unhealthy for a citizen when he only listens to one source. I even go every day to FreeRepublic to see what is being publicized.

So, the purpose of this thread is in no way to criticize any news outlet. I am simply going to publish the screenshots of the front pages, encourage you to look at all of them, and have you make your own judgements.

The screenshots are being published in random order: I uploaded them all to photobucket and am linking them simply in the order that photobucket is spitting them out :) - so, there is also no political agenda in the order of the screenshots, which will cover postings number 1 and 2 of this thread.

I do this generally every couple of months. If any member of USMB knows of a media website that he/she would like to see included in a future screenshot comparison, hit me up in PM and let me know.

Also, please feel free to comment on any title or format or picture that evokes a strong response from you.

------------------------------------------------------------

2013-11-027CBSnewsfrontpage_zps989ac15a.jpg

2013-11-027RedStateReportnewsfrontpage_zps0b3df263.jpg

2013-11-027LAtimesnewsfrontpage_zps1818b093.jpg

2013-11-027ColumbusDispatchnewsfrontpage_zps8f26ad1c.jpg

2013-11-027ABCnewsfrontpage_zps332424a0.jpg

2013-11-027NBCnewsfrontpage_zpsdece8b67.jpg

2013-11-027washingtontimesnewsfrontpage_zps187dcbda.jpg

2013-11-027NYTnewsfrontpage_zpse42c62e3.jpg

2013-11-027FOXnewsfrontpage_zpsf87ae21e.jpg

more at posting number 2...

Thank you very much. Amazing, isn't it?

I see this every day on my usual scroll through 400 RSS feeds.

And then, I come here and another board and see poster after poster ignore the conservative or unbiased sources to spout the liberal/leftist party line. It's almost like they're reading from script.

• Banned
Thank you very much. Amazing, isn't it?

I see this every day on my usual scroll through 400 RSS feeds.

And then, I come here and another board and see poster after poster ignore the conservative or unbiased sources to spout the liberal/leftist party line. It's almost like they're reading from script.

[MENTION=39846]longknife[/MENTION]

You are quite welcome. And yes, it is amazing. On the other hand, variety in reporting can maybe whet the appetite to want to learn more.

No matter what a person's leanings are, getting news from as many reputable sources as possible is quite important to me, if for no other reason to disprove wha the "other" side is saying. Fox News and Friends does a lot of shit I don't like, but FOX's election night reporting, aside from Rove's unnecessary meltdown, was quite excellent. In fact, FOX was more "liberal" in calling certain states for Obama (WI, MN, NM, NH, NV) than CNN. Brit Hume gave some very thoughtworthy commentary and and Democrat who simply avoids FOX because he or she doesn't like part of it's reporting missed out on some good thought from the man. Some of the best groundbreaking news, sometimes, can be found first on FreeRepublic. I don't like the nasty commentary, but I often stumble across a story that is really worth engaging in.

I am especially fond of Wapo's reporting, I find it the most balanced of all, when you measure it all up.

Notice that I did not include either Media Matters from the Left or Breitbart from the Right - because both websites have spread some untruths, esp. Breitbart. Honesty must be in the equation, if you ask me.

Thanks for stopping by, hope to hear from you again!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back