Not all shut-down news is bad

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
KKK Rally At Gettysburg Canceled Because Of Government Shutdown

A Ku Klux Klan rally planned for Saturday, Oct. 5 has been canceled because of the government shutdown.

On Sept. 26, officials at Gettysburg National Military Park granted a special-use permit for a rally to a Maryland-based KKK group. According to NBC 10 Philadelphia, the event was canceled when park officials rescinded all permits for special events because of the shutdown, which began 12 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

The Rs are insulting their own base.

:lol::lol::lol:

Why does Barry Sorentero close parks? Do minimum wage park rangers really have any relevance to the zionist military industrial complex budget?

I've only known a couple of people who claimed to be associated with the klan, and they were both Democrats (back when I was in the sheet metal union).

Regardless, kinda nice to see them getting the short end.

Wow um...

So I guess the "Rs" are racist for wanting to do the people's will for a change? Does that worry you?

And have you ever read a history book before?

The KKK is a sect of the Democratic Party that was founded in 1865.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/grant-kkk/

The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army. The name is probably derived from the Greek word kuklos (κύκλος) which means circle, suggesting a circle or band of brothers.

Although there was little organizational structure above the local level, similar groups rose across the South and adopted the same name and methods. Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871, the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes. Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing blacks' voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to segregationist white Democrats regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan#First_Klan_1865.E2.80.931874

Last edited:
Wow um...

So I guess the "Rs" are racist for wanting to do the people's will for a change? Does that worry you?

Rise of the Ku Klux Klan . U.S. Grant: Warrior . WGBH American Experience | PBS

The first Klan was founded in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, by six veterans of the Confederate Army. The name is probably derived from the Greek word kuklos (κύκλος) which means circle, suggesting a circle or band of brothers.

Although there was little organizational structure above the local level, similar groups rose across the South and adopted the same name and methods. Klan groups spread throughout the South as an insurgent movement during the Reconstruction era in the United States. As a secret vigilante group, the Klan targeted freedmen and their allies; it sought to restore white supremacy by threats and violence, including murder, against black and white Republicans. In 1870 and 1871, the federal government passed the Force Acts, which were used to prosecute Klan crimes. Prosecution of Klan crimes and enforcement of the Force Acts suppressed Klan activity. In 1874 and later, however, newly organized and openly active paramilitary organizations, such as the White League and the Red Shirts, started a fresh round of violence aimed at suppressing blacks' voting and running Republicans out of office. These contributed to segregationist white Democrats regaining political power in all the Southern states by 1877.

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dont really care what party sponsored them in the past. I hope they all trip and fall into a vat of blazing crude oil.

KKK Rally At Gettysburg Canceled Because Of Government Shutdown

A Ku Klux Klan rally planned for Saturday, Oct. 5 has been canceled because of the government shutdown.

On Sept. 26, officials at Gettysburg National Military Park granted a special-use permit for a rally to a Maryland-based KKK group. According to NBC 10 Philadelphia, the event was canceled when park officials rescinded all permits for special events because of the shutdown, which began 12 a.m. ET on Tuesday.

The Rs are insulting their own base.

:lol::lol::lol:

Free speech for no one.

I don't condone the triple K, but I do subscribe to an open platform.

You on the other hand are a wanton killer of Liberty.

Wow um...

Dont really care what party sponsored them in the past. I hope they all trip and fall into a vat of blazing crude oil.

Just who the fuck are you? My family has for four (count 'em, 4) generations lived from crude oil extraction. That shit paid for diapers, food, clothing, schooling. You can trip and fall on my boot up your ass, boy.

Wow um...

Just who the fuck are you? My family has for four (count 'em, 4) generations lived from crude oil extraction. That shit paid for diapers, food, clothing, schooling. You can trip and fall on my boot up your ass, boy.

Take your meds. How you got insulted over that is a mystery. Unless you are part of the KKK. If so fuck you.

Take your meds. How you got insulted over that is a mystery. Unless you are part of the KKK. If so fuck you.

Oh did you get your widdle feewings hurt? :crybaby:

Yo, punk ass. Trip and fall into your own shit you mother. You laid the claim, you take the blame.

Yo, punk ass. Trip and fall into your own shit you mother. You laid the claim, you take the blame.

What claim did I lay?

Wow um...

That's a lie. You keep attributing them to Republicans. That's the only way your "Republicans are racist" mantra can work. You're as dishonest as the universe is wide, Asclepias. If you didn't care, then why do you agree with Ned about where the KKK supposedly comes from?

Last edited:
Wow um...

The Klan has never been associated with a political party. Read a history book. Matter of fact they billed themselves as a "social" organisation, dedicated to the whole WASP white-picket-fence culture. That's always been their basis.

Last edited:
Wow um...

That's a lie. You keep attributing them to Republicans. That's the only way your "Republicans are racist" mantra can work. You're as dishonest as the universe is wide, Asclepias. If you didn't care, then why do you agree with Ned about where the KKK supposedly comes from?

Because the Reps now sponsor them. If the Dems sponsored them now I would say the exact same thing. I dont care which party it is. I know you want to be able to label me. Messes with your head doesnt it?

Wow um...

and i hope they pull the Far Right and Left in with them.....Countries problem solved....

Forum List

Back