Norway looking at banning male genital mutilation

... I don't think washing your dick adds much time to a guy's day. .....

Speak for yourself. It takes me hours.
That's called 'playing with it'.

However, it is not a slam dunk....

Circumcision Basics
Is circumcision necessary?
The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) found that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universalnewborn circumcision.

"The American Academy of Pediatrics recently released its new Technical Report and Policy Statement on male circumcision, concluding that current evidence indicates that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks. The technical report is based on the scrutiny of a large number of complex scientific articles. Therefore, while striving for objectivity, the conclusions drawn by the 8 task force members reflect what these individual physicians perceived as trustworthy evidence. Seen from the outside, cultural bias reflecting the normality of nontherapeutic male circumcision in the United States seems obvious, and the report’s conclusions are different from those reached by physicians in other parts of the Western world, including Europe, Canada, and Australia. In this commentary, a different view is presented by non–US-based physicians and representatives of general medical associations and societies for pediatrics, pediatric surgery, and pediatric urology in Northern Europe. To these authors, only 1 of the arguments put forward by the American Academy of Pediatrics has some theoretical relevance in relation to infant male circumcision; namely, the possible protection against urinary tract infections in infant boys, which can easily be treated with antibiotics without tissue loss. The other claimed health benefits, including protection against HIV/AIDS, genital herpes, genital warts, and penile cancer, are questionable, weak, and likely to have little public health relevance in a Western context, and they do not represent compelling reasons for surgery before boys are old enough to decide for themselves.

Cultural Bias in the AAP’s 2012 Technical Report and Policy Statement on Male Circumcision | Commentaries | Pediatrics

Yes, somebody's really obsessed with this.

As well people should be. People that think that mutilating a male baby's penis is acceptable behavior are either ignorant asses or culturally brainwashed. The docking of tails and cropping of ears of puppies is banned in the EU outside of the UK, for f&cks sake. Mutilation of human babies should also be banned.

Last edited:
Even though it is safer and painless in infancy? That only makes liberal sense. Although a lot of men may be forced into having circumcision as an adult when they get turned down by women. I feel sorry for them. It's a bad decision to have to make.

You do realize that outside of the U.S., Autralia and Canada circumcision is very rare in the non-Muslim and non-Jewish world.

It is common for Canadian boys to remain uncircumcised. Only about 1 in 3 are circumcised.

Even though it is safer and painless in infancy? That only makes liberal sense. Although a lot of men may be forced into having circumcision as an adult when they get turned down by women. I feel sorry for them. It's a bad decision to have to make.

You do realize that outside of the U.S., Autralia and Canada circumcision is very rare in the non-Muslim and non-Jewish world.

It is common for Canadian boys to remain uncircumcised. Only about 1 in 3 are circumcised.

The rate is 1 in 4 in the western states of the U.S., but it is still a little over 50% in the U.S. overall. It should be a decision that the person makes for himself and the person should be an adult before he can make the decision.

... I don't think washing your dick adds much time to a guy's day. .....

Circumcision Basics
The use of circumcision for medical or health reasons is an issue that continues to be debated. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) found that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks, but the benefits are not great enough to recommend universalnewborn circumcision.

"The American Academy of Pediatrics recently released its new Technical Report and Policy Statement on male circumcision, concluding that current evidence indicates that the health benefits of newborn male circumcision outweigh the risks. The technical report is based on the scrutiny of a large number of complex scientific articles. Therefore, while striving for objectivity, the conclusions drawn by the 8 task force members reflect what these individual physicians perceived as trustworthy evidence. Seen from the outside, cultural bias reflecting the normality of nontherapeutic male circumcision in the United States seems obvious, and the report’s conclusions are different from those reached by physicians in other parts of the Western world, including Europe, Canada, and Australia. In this commentary, a different view is presented by non–US-based physicians and representatives of general medical associations and societies for pediatrics, pediatric surgery, and pediatric urology in Northern Europe. To these authors, only 1 of the arguments put forward by the American Academy of Pediatrics has some theoretical relevance in relation to infant male circumcision; namely, the possible protection against urinary tract infections in infant boys, which can easily be treated with antibiotics without tissue loss. The other claimed health benefits, including protection against HIV/AIDS, genital herpes, genital warts, and penile cancer, are questionable, weak, and likely to have little public health relevance in a Western context, and they do not represent compelling reasons for surgery before boys are old enough to decide for themselves.

Cultural Bias in the AAP’s 2012 Technical Report and Policy Statement on Male Circumcision | Commentaries | Pediatrics

As well people should be. People that think that mutilating a male baby's penis is acceptable behavior are either ignorant asses or culturally brainwashed. The docking of tails and cropping of ears of puppies is banned in the EU outside of the UK, for f&cks sake. Mutilation of human babies should also be banned.

Is this obsession the result of a 'loss' you perhaps suffered as a child?

Circumcision Basics

Trolling is merely objectionable, stalking is prohibited, punk.

The rate is 1 in 4 in the western states of the U.S., but it is still a little over 50% in the U.S. overall. It should be a decision that the person makes for himself and the person should be an adult before he can make the decision.

They are at about 32% which is why I said 1 in 3. I may not have understood how it is calculated. The "norm" there is not to circumcise, and the question is not usually even asked in the hospital.

I'm married to an uncircumcised Canadian. If the procedure had been requested by his mother, they would have performed it.

Personally, I don't see the need. Good hygiene is not difficult in this modern world.

Circumcision Basics

Trolling is merely objectionable, stalking is prohibited, punk.

I was right, wasn't I? Gotta be some reason for such a hyperventilating obsession over something that many, many millions of American men never give a second thought to, and certainly don't remember or 'suffer' from.

I lived in Germany for 7 years as a kid and they have different standards there. The urinals were community types and most boys were not circumcised.

This is why you get circumcised

smeg·ma
ˈsmeɡmə/
noun
  1. a sebaceous secretion in the folds of the skin, especially under a man's foreskin.

Some people take showers. Cleanliness is one of the reasons moronic supporters of FGM say it is not barbaric.

there is no "cleanliness" issue in FGM------I have read the opinions of
supporters-----which includes the opinions of muslim clergy. Invariably
the issue is "sexuality" ----even the prepuce nick is supposed to reduce
the girls' sexual "desire". I am not sure anyone has actually studied that
issue. The place to look would be medical studies coming out of Egypt.
There are lots of studies in the Egyptian medical literature. Cleanliness is
cited as an issue in support of FGM because the supporters have
NOTHING ELSE.

Showers are not sufficient for the hygiene of a non circed male The foreskin needs to be retracted. ----some people clean under the foreskin of the infant with a Q-tip.
I cringe to think what Freud would have to say about that practice.
Smegma is often a problem in compromised people----like alcoholics.
I have seen phimosis in such people. Phimosis is really nasty. Also
a problem in debilitated people

smeg·ma
ˈsmeɡmə/
noun
  1. a sebaceous secretion in the folds of the skin, especially under a man's foreskin.

You wash your penis. Problem solved. Husband uses those bathroom moist towelettes every morning and any other time needed. You can tell every time you pee if you need to clean and your right there near soap and water! You should wash your hands, too.

smeg·ma
ˈsmeɡmə/
noun

You wash your penis. Problem solved. Husband uses those bathroom moist towelettes every morning and any other time needed. You can tell every time you pee if you need to clean and your right there near soap and water! You should wash your hands, too.

not everyone does and there are circumstances in which not everyone can.
Children are not reliable. HOWEVER it is not a real argument pro or con.
It is a fact that persons with a foreskin harbor human papilloma virus---LOTS
and also are more likely to pick up HIV from infected females. For that even
the medical literature from Saudi Arabia confirms. HOWEVER----male
circumcision ------in the right hands-----is so easy on the kid----and---
SOCIALLY desirable by DA JOOOOOS -----I see no argument for
making it ILLEGAL. Did I mention cervical cancer? There is lots and lots of
it in populations of ladies sexually active with non-circed men------the "abnormal"
pap smear is the early form. Thus there is some advantage and no actual
disadvantage. As to FGM I know of NO advantage. Do men using public
urinals actually WASH?-------how about men using alleys? ----behind the
sour apple tree?

I lived in Germany for 7 years as a kid and they have different standards there. The urinals were community types and most boys were not circumcised.

Husband says most of his peers were not either.

smeg·ma
ˈsmeɡmə/
noun

not everyone does and there are circumstances in which not everyone can.
Children are not reliable. HOWEVER it is not a real argument pro or con.
It is a fact that persons with a foreskin harbor human papilloma virus---LOTS
and also are more likely to pick up HIV from infected females. For that even
the medical literature from Saudi Arabia confirms. HOWEVER----male
circumcision ------in the right hands-----is so easy on the kid----and---
SOCIALLY desirable by DA JOOOOOS -----I see no argument for
making it ILLEGAL. Did I mention cervical cancer? There is lots and lots of
it in populations of ladies sexually active with non-circed men------the "abnormal"
pap smear is the early form. Thus there is some advantage and no actual
disadvantage. As to FGM I know of NO advantage. Do men using public
urinals actually WASH?-------how about men using alleys? ----behind the
sour apple tree?

Male circumcision MGM, is a barbaric act of genital mutilation. Just as FGM is. But like Rosie, the morons that practices FGM claim it is for hygenic purposes too. Promoters of MGM or FGM are nutcases.

"The overwhelming majority of Muslims in Southeast Asia follow the Shafii school of law, which declares FGC as wajib, or obligatory. In contrast, the other three Sunni schools, together with the Shia schools, consider FGC a sunnah or a recommended act. Just like male circumcision, there is no mention of it in the Quran. The form of FGC taking place in Southeast Asia seems to follow this general and gender-neutral rule from al-Nawawi to remove the prepuce at a young age, but also at an older age if it causes no ‘harm’. This ruling is found in his chapter on taharah or purity, indicating that the concern was for the cleanliness of the genitals, especially the area under the prepuce, and consequent validity of acts of worship. Indeed, about half of the reasons mentioned above by midwives and parents for the practice reflects a concern for hygiene.

"A Tiny Cut": Female Circumcision in South East Asia - The Islamic Monthly

as usual----Monte depends on Baathist fascist propaganda. In FACT the practice of circumcision IS mentioned in the Koran-----both male and female. Monte never
read the book. --------so many people HATE TO READ BOOKS-------I could have been described as a "book worm" as a child-----I read everything that fell into my hands-----it happens that a Koran fell into my hand when I was 20 years old ---LONG,
LONG, LONG ago (Pickthal translation) I have four sibs-----all boys-----they read lots of stuff but HATED classics. -----and novels I was into all sorts of classics----from the 19th century british crap novels------to the old stuff-------greek classics---English classics and even DA BIBLE -----and Koran and the Hindu stuff. I do understand that Monte is clueless-------like my brother ---the engineer----NON FICTION ONLY

Singapore/Malaysia is Baathist? You are a moron.

Monte AGAIN reveals that she knows nothing about islam-----the BAATHIST claim
of religious tolerance is a claim made AS ISLAMIC by all muslims ----in fact AFLAQ
so noted when he placed it in the arab fascist BAATHIST IDEOLOGY. Of course it is bullshit-----but it was a way of protecting the arab Christian moiety-----------quite a joke. Removal of the female prepuce has nothing to do with Hygiene-----the TAHARAH in this case is to hopefully stop the girl from JERKING OFF--------with cucumbers. In islam----"women have nothing to do with sex"----muslim girls are
encouraged to claim they have no idea that sex exists. Indonesia is more
"Baathist" (LOL) in this area than is Maylaysia

You know, it's bad form to stare at people's junk in the bathroom.

Forum List

Back