North Korea's severe idolization

bluesky79

Apr 21, 2008
20121012162150_72cb100.jpg

Recently on TV, I saw a documentary on North Korea. It was as if I was watching a documentary on pseudo-religion. Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il's portraits were hanged on every North Korean household and the people were worshiping the portraits. Recently Kim Jong-un visited North Korean households and held events taking pictures with families and giving the photograph as a present. This act of photo politics is considered a great honor for North Korean people. If I were to take a picture with Obama, I would be thrilled, but I wouldn't worship the photograph like a god. Sooner or later, Kim Jong-un's photo will be hanged on every wall of North Korea households. I hope that all the brainwashing in North Koreans can stop.

Damn Communist atheists. They want you to stop worshipping God, so you can worship them.

c259d_can-i-eat-this.jpg

Last edited:

Recently on TV, I saw a documentary on North Korea. It was as if I was watching a documentary on pseudo-religion. Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il's portraits were hanged on every North Korean household and the people were worshiping the portraits. Recently Kim Jong-un visited North Korean households and held events taking pictures with families and giving the photograph as a present. This act of photo politics is considered a great honor for North Korean people. If I were to take a picture with Obama, I would be thrilled, but I wouldn't worship the photograph like a god. Sooner or later, Kim Jong-un's photo will be hanged on every wall of North Korea households. I hope that all the brainwashing in North Koreans can stop.

To what degree is this brainwashing by the Kim family and to what degree is this simply playing into the underlying psyche of the average Korean with regards to their religion and other world view?

To what degree is this brainwashing by the Kim family and to what degree is this simply playing into the underlying psyche of the average Korean with regards to their religion and other world view?

I think , all of north koreans can't live without thinking about Kim family that is brainwhshing.

What about Western idolisation of consumerism?
What about American idolisation of $?

The clan Kim is the government, or at least the figurehead, with a small elite plutocracy managing the business. North Koreans have virtually no contact with the outside world, most of the internet is blocked, as is outside tv. Every bit of their lives is infused with the government's indocrination.

Kim Jong Un's grandad was indeed revered as a god and credited with superhuman athletic feats.

No doubt many North Koreans know bullshit when they smell it, but they play along and won't tell anyone else what's really going on lest they all wind up in work camps.

Forum List

Back