North Dakota wants hired pipeline protesters to pay state income taxes...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
After spending more than $22 million on the Dakota Access pipeline protest, North Dakota wants to make sure any paid activists remember to submit their state income taxes.

Tax Commissioner Ryan Rauschenberger said his office is keeping an eye out for tax forms from environmental groups that may have hired protesters to agitate against the 1,172-mile, four-state pipeline project.

“It’s something we’re looking at. I can tell you I’ve had a number of conversations with legislators regarding this very issue,” said Mr. Rauschenberger. “[We’re] looking at the entities that have potential paid contractors here on their behalf doing work.”

North Dakota wants hired pipeline protesters to pay state income taxes
Nothing as certain as death and taxes....

After spending more than $22 million on the Dakota Access pipeline protest, North Dakota wants to make sure any paid activists remember to submit their state income taxes.

Tax Commissioner Ryan Rauschenberger said his office is keeping an eye out for tax forms from environmental groups that may have hired protesters to agitate against the 1,172-mile, four-state pipeline project.

“It’s something we’re looking at. I can tell you I’ve had a number of conversations with legislators regarding this very issue,” said Mr. Rauschenberger. “[We’re] looking at the entities that have potential paid contractors here on their behalf doing work.”

LMAO. That is awesome!

No evidence to support that there are paid protesters. Not a single example.

upload_2017-2-1_2-43-50.jpeg

What a creative way for states to receive extra tax dollars. Do something to piss off the progressives so they pay protestors come to the state and protest for months then tax them for income.

Not only that but any small town they're near will receive a short revenue boom from increased sales at their local businesses.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Alternative facts, when it's from the Right... Fake news is the domain of the Left, doncha know?

I have been to every state in the union except for North Dakota but have it on my bucket list. They nailed Al Capone for income tax evasion.

The fake news is that no paid protesters have been found of exposed. There is no story except for the one about the official saying he is looking into it. The accusation of paid protesters is so far, a fake story.

Meantime, the constitution is being attacked on several fronts. This one is about the right to assemble. North Dakota is whining about it costing them funds for people to use their constitutional right to assemble and protest by falsely accusing the protesters of being paid to protest, but even if some were being paid, that does not disqualify them from the constitutional right to assemble and protest.

The fake news is that no paid protesters have been found of exposed. There is no story except for the one about the official saying he is looking into it. The accusation of paid protesters is so far, a fake story.

Meantime, the constitution is being attacked on several fronts. This one is about the right to assemble. North Dakota is whining about it costing them funds for people to use their constitutional right to assemble and protest by falsely accusing the protesters of being paid to protest, but even if some were being paid, that does not disqualify them from the constitutional right to assemble and protest.

Oh, I don't think it's a fake story...I think it's a warning shot. A means to let them know that IF they are paying protester...big brother tax man is going to follow the money...so if you were thinking nobody was paying attention...think again...because they know that $22 million went somewhere.

LMAO. That is awesome!

can I get a job like that-----I PROMISE----I will pay my taxes

LMAO. That is awesome!

If you actually got a paycheck or financial reimbursement for protesting you would be obligated to pay taxes. Good luck finding a job like that. Maybe that official starting the rumor in N. Dakota will come up with an entity that is actually paying protesters and you will know where to go and who to contact. Until then he is just a rumor monger promoting a fake story.

LMAO. That is awesome!

If you actually got a paycheck or financial reimbursement for protesting you would be obligated to pay taxes. Good luck finding a job like that. Maybe that official starting the rumor in N. Dakota will come up with an entity that is actually paying protesters and you will know where to go and who to contact. Until then he is just a rumor monger promoting a fake story.

If you are below the poverty level like I am, pay no state or federal income tax and don't even have to file.

LMAO. That is awesome!

If you are below the poverty level like I am, I pay no state or federal income tax and don't even have to file.

depends on how much they pay you to jump up and down like a nut at a demonstration

LMAO. That is awesome!

DAMN!!!!!

I found myself at the bottom of a hole more than once. When at the bottom of a hole there is only one way out, climb out of the hole with nothing but your own determination with no help from anyone else.

LMAO. That is awesome!

If you are below the poverty level like I am, I pay no state or federal income tax and don't even have to file.

depends on how much they pay you to jump up and down like a nut at a demonstration

Forum List

Back