Noow heear this. Man, gets paid $106K annually,suing for $8mil cause he has nothing to do at work

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
A CUNY administrator who gets paid $106,700 a year in taxpayer funds is now suing for $8 million because he has “nothing to do.”

Harendra “Harold” Sirisena, once the bursar at New York City College of Technology, has had his duties gradually slashed over the past 14 years for no reason, he claims in a federal discrimination lawsuit.

et he continues to collect a fat paycheck — and even gets contractual raises. Since last fiscal year, his salary has jumped by nearly $10,000.

Sirisena, 72, told the Post he sits idly in a tiny cubicle from 7am to 3 pm, listening to music, watching cricket or rugby games online, and sometimes dozing off.

“I am just there. There is no work for me,” he said. “Sometimes I fall asleep at the desk.”

When Sirisena spoke to The Post last year, he said his sole assigned task — plugging names onto form letters — took up an average 30 days a year. That left 171 days, or 86 percent of his time.
sirisena.jpg

https://nypost.com/2017/12/16/cuny-staffer-who-earns-106k-for-nothing-sues-school-for-8m/

film-officespace-2-11.jpg

What we are going to need this guy to do is move his desk down to the basement and get a can of Raid, where he can hunt and kill all of the cockroaches he finds.

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

well, I'm not sure why he's not retired at 72, but to the point, it sounds like an office politics thing where they put him in a do-nothing job hoping he'll get bored and quit.

Keeping in mind the Post his hardly a credible source, but even they admit that the problems of mismanagement at CUNY is wider than this guy.

well, I'm not sure why he's not retired at 72, but to the point, it sounds like an office politics thing where they put him in a do-nothing job hoping he'll get bored and quit.

Keeping in mind the Post his hardly a credible source, but even they admit that the problems of mismanagement at CUNY is wider than this guy.

"Do nothing" jobs are common in city agencies in NYC, as it is easier to just pay the person and hope work comes around then to start the termination process.

"Do nothing" jobs are common in city agencies in NYC, as it is easier to just pay the person and hope work comes around then to start the termination process.
Worthy of an 8 million dollar lawsuit.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCKING LAWYERS!

To be fair ... $106k isn’t a lot if you live in NYC.

A CUNY administrator who gets paid $106,700 a year in taxpayer funds is now suing for $8 million because he has “nothing to do.”

Harendra “Harold” Sirisena, once the bursar at New York City College of Technology, has had his duties gradually slashed over the past 14 years for no reason, he claims in a federal discrimination lawsuit.

et he continues to collect a fat paycheck — and even gets contractual raises. Since last fiscal year, his salary has jumped by nearly $10,000.

Sirisena, 72, told the Post he sits idly in a tiny cubicle from 7am to 3 pm, listening to music, watching cricket or rugby games online, and sometimes dozing off.

“I am just there. There is no work for me,” he said. “Sometimes I fall asleep at the desk.”

When Sirisena spoke to The Post last year, he said his sole assigned task — plugging names onto form letters — took up an average 30 days a year. That left 171 days, or 86 percent of his time.
sirisena.jpg

https://nypost.com/2017/12/16/cuny-staffer-who-earns-106k-for-nothing-sues-school-for-8m/

What we are going to need this guy to do is move his desk down to the basement and get a can of Raid, where he can hunt and kill all of the cockroaches he finds.

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

This is usually a method of shit-canning someone when various rules and regulations make it near impossible to actually fire them, and I have no idea whether or not this was justified in this guy's case.

That said, I don't see how there's anything particularly strange about this guy feeling short-changed. Most humans don't want to be stifled, particularly from doing something that they regard as a calling. No matter how well fed a man in a cage is, he's not likely to appreciate his cage.

sirisena.jpg

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

This is usually a method of shit-canning someone when various rules and regulations make it near impossible to actually fire them, and I have no idea whether or not this was justified in this guy's case.

That said, I don't see how there's anything particularly strange about this guy feeling short-changed. Most humans don't want to be stifled, particularly from doing something that they regard as a calling. No matter how well fed a man in a cage is, he's not likely to appreciate his cage.
Man in a fucking cage?

Can you liberals, please so fucking kill yourselves?

sirisena.jpg

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, not a "liberal" by your definition. Right leaning libertarian.

Also, fuck you.

sirisena.jpg

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.
Joe B liked your post. That is all we need to know about you.

sirisena.jpg

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.

He liked it because he doesn't like you, and I said fuck you. If you're trying to claim that this somehow proves I'm a leftist, you're a fuckin retard.

sirisena.jpg

LOL!!!!!

LAWYERS!!!!

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.

He liked it because he doesn't like you, and I said fuck you. If you're trying to claim that this somehow proves I'm a leftist, you're a fuckin retard.
Tell all of us again how a fucking man getting paid 100k a year is a man trapped "in a cage" worthy of an 8 million dollar pay out you piece of shit.

Me go fuck myself?

No! You go fuck yourself!

Where libertarians disagree is when you start to define protecting people as giving them other peoples' money.

Yes, you are definitely the party of "I've got mine, fuck you!" The real world doesn't work like that. The real world, you don't let people starve because hungry people get angry and desperate and do irrational things.

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.

Tell all of us again how a fucking man getting paid 100k a year is a man trapped "in a cage" worthy of an 8 million dollar pay out you piece of shit.

Me go fuck myself?

Dipshit, I didn't say he was deserving of an 8 million dollar payout. I actually said that I didn't know whether or not the soft-firing of this guy was justified, implying that I don't have enough information to discern whether or not his lawsuit has credibility.

That bit about "in a cage", obviously, is an exaggeration of the circumstances, but the principle is very similar. A lot of teachers are in that profession because they feel that it's a calling, meaning that the job itself is more important to them than the money they make while doing it. That being the case, I could see why this guy would feel like he's in a cage, but being well fed. Maybe you're one of those aimless motherfuckers who has no purpose other than turning carbs into poop, but some people actually enjoy their jobs. For many of them, it's the most important thing in their lives, and putting them into a position where they can no longer do that job is, emotionally, the same as imprisonment. I'm not certain that this guy feels that way, but with all the posts about, "He gets 100k a year, why's he bitching!?", I felt it might be worthwhile to point out that the money might be utterly meaningless.

Hostile, reactionary prick.

Seems like he is suing because he wants MORE work assigned to him

Where libertarians disagree is when you start to define protecting people as giving them other peoples' money.

Yes, you are definitely the party of "I've got mine, fuck you!" The real world doesn't work like that. The real world, you don't let people starve because hungry people get angry and desperate and do irrational things.

Man in a fucking cage?

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.

Me go fuck myself?

Dipshit, I didn't say he was deserving of an 8 million dollar payout. I actually said that I didn't know whether or not the soft-firing of this guy was justified, implying that I don't have enough information to discern whether or not his lawsuit has credibility.

That bit about "in a cage", obviously, is an exaggeration of the circumstances, but the principle is very similar. A lot of teachers are in that profession because they feel that it's a calling, meaning that the job itself is more important to them than the money they make while doing it. That being the case, I could see why this guy would feel like he's in a cage, but being well fed. Maybe you're one of those aimless motherfuckers who has no purpose other than turning carbs into poop, but some people actually enjoy their jobs. For many of them, it's the most important thing in their lives, and putting them into a position where they can no longer do that job is, emotionally, the same as imprisonment. I'm not certain that this guy feels that way, but with all the posts about, "He gets 100k a year, why's he bitching!?", I felt it might be worthwhile to point out that the money might be utterly meaningless.

Soft firing justified?

You dont know?

Moron

Fuck you.

Also, fuck you.

Me go fuck myself?

Soft firing justified?

You dont know?

Moron

Lol, of course I don't know. At no point does the article attempt to explain WHY he was put into that position. Seeing as how I'm not a fucking psychic, that kinda leaves me without the necessary knowledge to make that call one way or the other.

What I wonder is where -you're- getting your verdict from. Are you a psychic? Or just the presumptuous dipshit you appear to be with these dumbass replies?

Forum List

Back