Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

Watch the wall street bankers negotiate sweet deals for themselves with both parties this fall to give themselves bailout money in the future for their failures.

They steal far more money in a year, imho, than the poor in the life of the Republic.

Something solid needs to come out of finance reform, but frankly I'm more in favor of an independent overseer and not put it in the hands of the feds. A big problem is that the same type of situation might not happen for another 10-15 years, and Americans have very short memories. After the S&L bailouts of the 80's, it wasn't ever supposed to happen again. Am I the only one who remembers that? So what happened between 1981 and 2008?

maggie, the SAVINGS & LOAN CRISIS (also a home crash) was 1988/1989 i believe? that's 20 years....2 different president bush's

You're right. I was guessing because I was thinking the earlier Chrysler bailout was around the same time as the S&L crisis.

so the red states shouldn't be voting, eh? ..........................

Are you deliberately obtuse or just plain stupid?

The Electoral College means Presidents are directly elected by the States not the People, dingleberry.

So if a State receives more than it pays in, by your logic it should not have Electors. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

But thanks for playing.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to goldcatt again.
The guy who runs this place is a tightass :doubt:

Forum List

Back