Nobody Believes Economic Numbers Out Just Before Election

EconChick

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2014
Just as the numbers did just before the 2012 election, Obama's government manages to try to dig up some stats about how great the economy is.

Nobody's buying it.

And the reasons for the so called favorable "statistics" have been explained adnoseum in thread after thread on this forum.

Many were fooled by his numbers in the last election. No one is fooled this time.

That's because real Americans are living in the real malaise which is the Obama economy.

Median income still a black eye for Obama. No matter how hard he or his worshippers try, they can't move the median income to $55,589 like Bush did.

And the entire global economy is starting to sink, so that means O's median income numbers will go down more.

Watch out for political tricks by Obama in these last few days, folks. And that's on all issues, not just the economy.

Just as the numbers did just before the 2012 election, Obama's government manages to try to dig up some stats about how great the economy is.

Nobody's buying it.

And the reasons for the so called favorable "statistics" have been explained adnoseum in thread after thread on this forum.

Many were fooled by his numbers in the last election. No one is fooled this time.

That's because real Americans are living in the real malaise which is the Obama economy.

Funny thing about those numbers is that Republicans running for re-election at the state level are using those same good economic numbers to justify why they should be elected. I have to give Republicans credit for doing such a great job of brainwashing so many Americans. Of course, I lay most of the blame on the stupidity of those who allowed themselves to be brainwashed. That, and the fact that the Dems allowed it to happen. When Obama took office in 2009, I knew many unemployed people. Today I do not know one person who is not working. Hell, my teenage son just got himself a second job, so he is working close to full-time hours now. While the recovery has been slow, it is growing in strength by the month. BTW, how many people do you know who are out of work?

Median income still a black eye for Obama. No matter how hard he or his worshippers try, they can't move the median income to $55,589 like Bush did.

And the entire global economy is starting to sink, so that means O's median income numbers will go down more.

Thank you GW for creating such a large bubble that we have been paying for it for the past five plus years. You do realize that median income under Bush was based on really bad economic policy, right? Or are you that naive as to not be able to recognize that?

This like the gas thread?

You're kidding me, right?

Speaking of gas prices, gas officially hit $3 TODAY. TODAY, not weeks ago when that liar, Candy, said they did, and certainly not for the reason that idiot claimed. Even dummies know the prices are dropping like a rock now because the global economy is weakening...not because of Obama. Not one iota because of Obama.

Nobody's buying it.

Funny thing about those numbers is that Republicans running for re-election at the state level are using those same good economic numbers to justify why they should be elected. I have to give Republicans credit for doing such a great job of brainwashing so many Americans. Of course, I lay most of the blame on the stupidity of those who allowed themselves to be brainwashed. That, and the fact that the Dems allowed it to happen. When Obama took office in 2009, I knew many unemployed people. Today I do not know one person who is not working. Hell, my teenage son just got himself a second job, so he is working close to full-time hours now. While the recovery has been slow, it is growing in strength by the month. BTW, how many people do you know who are out of work?

Trying to project your lack of knowledge on others?

Speaking of gas prices, gas officially hit $3 TODAY. TODAY, not weeks ago when that liar, Candy, said they did, and certainly not for the reason that idiot claimed. Even dummies know the prices are dropping like a rock now because the global economy is weakening...not because of Obama. Not one iota because of Candy.

Its been 2.99 in Ohio for over a week....it's lower now...pa just hit 2.99 today or yesterday....other places are seeing 2.35ish
CA and ny will be last to see the lower prices...

You were wrong....just own up to it

Thank you GW for creating such a large bubble that we have been paying for it for the past five plus years. You do realize that median income under Bush was based on really bad economic policy, right? Or are you that naive as to not be able to recognize that?

I'm the one with all the fancy econ degrees. You're the one that doesn't have a clue, darlin

Speaking of gas prices, gas officially hit $3 TODAY. TODAY, not weeks ago when that liar, Candy, said they did, and certainly not for the reason that idiot claimed. Even dummies know the prices are dropping like a rock now because the global economy is weakening...not because of Obama. Not one iota because of Candy.

Its been 2.99 in Ohio for over a week....it's lower now...pa just hit 2.99 today or yesterday....other places are seeing 2.35ish
CA and ny will be last to see the lower prices...

You were wrong....just own up to it

I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID MOST GAS PRICES A MONTH AGO WERE NOT BELOW $3???????????????

MOST WERE NOT BELOW $3 THEN.

And that's what the idiot was implying.

She admitted she was jerking everyone around.

Wake up.

She also said it was because of Obama. You believe that too???? Good Lord.

If you want to see a great discussion showing how numbers get manipulated....go to that badlands thread.

People are claiming if they can find one gas station at a price under $3, that means it's the number analysts, economists, and normal people use to mean the average.

The problem with that is when I quote you a $4 price at some gas station in California, Karma slams you right back.

Here is TODAY'S NEWS about gas prices:

Gasoline poised to fall under 3 per gallon for first time since 2010 GoErie.com Erie Times-News

Candy lied and spun and lied and circle jerked you people.

Now she claims she meant ONE GAS station. LMAO. I can always find ONE gas station way out of the norm.

I know you Dem are slow on this but when people talk about "gas prices" dropping to a certain price...they're talking about the average.
Poised? They have been for over a month now....again stop posting bias shit.

If you want to see a great discussion showing how numbers get manipulated....go to that badlands thread.

People are claiming if they can find one gas station at a price under $3, that means it's the number analysts, economists, and normal people use to mean the average.

The problem with that is when I quote you a $4 price at some gas station in California, Karma slams you right back.

No it doesnt....national average I believe around 2.76. Cali and ny will always be higher due to transport and taxes.

You posting that a station in cali is at 4 is worthless.

Yeah the economic news is a joke. I love how they say that everything is spectacularly wonderful, much "better than expected!"
It's always "better than expected!"

Progressive propaganda, and blatant at that.

The employment numbers are laughable too. Fewer people are applying, because they aren't allowing extensions anymore. More people than ever are out of work...but they aren't applying because they're getting letters that tell them they aren't eligible to apply, and they shouldn't.

Are you claiming the statistical agencies themselves are doing anything unethical/illegal, or are you saying that the politicians and administration officials are selectively choosing what numbers to stress?

Forum List

Back