Nobel Peace Prize President broadens mission in Afghanistan

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The peace keeps flowin'............................................

AP sources: Obama broadens mission in Afghanistan

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has quietly approved guidelines in recent weeks to allow the Pentagon to target Taliban fighters in Afghanistan, broadening previous plans that had limited the military to counterterrorism missions against al-Qaida after this year, U.S. officials said late Friday.
The president's decisions also allow the military to conduct air support for Afghan operations when needed. Obama issued the guidelines in recent weeks, as the American combat mission in Afghanistan draws to a close, thousands of troops return home, and the military prepares for narrower counterterrorism and training mission for the next two years.
Obama's moves expand on what had been previously planned for next year. One U.S. official said the military could only go after the Taliban if it posed a threat to American forces or provided direct support to al-Qaida, while the latter could be targeted more indiscriminately.
"To the extent that Taliban members directly threaten the United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan or provide direct support to al-Qaida, however, we will take appropriate measures to keep Americans safe," the official said.
The Taliban's presence in Afghanistan far exceeds that of al-Qaida, adding significance to Obama's authorization. The president's decision came in response to requests from military commanders who wanted troops to be allowed to continue to battle the Taliban, the U.S. officials said.

AP sources Obama broadens mission in Afghanistan - Yahoo News

The Nobel committee killed the Peace Prize when they gave it to Obama. It doesn't carry ANY credibility anymore. Which is a shame because some things should mean something!

Oh well... :dunno:

They jumped right on the bandwagon and proclaimed loudly to the world that they'll play politics with the best of them !

Suddenly libs don't care about mission creep, when it's Obama.

You idiots were calling him indecisive and aligned with ISIS a month ago because he wasn't sending troops into Iraq for battle. Now, something has happened in Afghanistan and I guarantee you, his intelligence personnel are way better than your personal sources, so he's acting.

Maybe you should go back to playing with your toy action figures and wait a few days to see what unfolds because I'm real sorry Obama didn't send you an email or call and keep you inside the loop.

And remember,....Obama didn't APPLY for the Nobel. Or did you fucking forget little facts like that?

Suddenly libs don't care about mission creep, when it's Obama.

You idiots were calling him indecisive and aligned with ISIS a month ago because he wasn't sending troops into Iraq for battle. Now, something has happened in Afghanistan and I guarantee you, his intelligence personnel are way better than your personal sources, so he's acting.

Maybe you should go back to playing with your toy action figures and wait a few days to see what unfolds because I'm real sorry Obama didn't send you an email or call and keep you inside the loop.

And remember,....Obama didn't APPLY for the Nobel. Or did you fucking forget little facts like that?

Obviously recipients don't ask for the prize, but this one shows how duped the left around the world was with this guy. Giving him the prize when he had never done anything other than giving speeches talking about peace, was beyond laughable. It was a bandwagon play and nothing more.
As far as his actions here in Afghanistan, I'll wait and see, I just think it's funny how the left isn't out in the streets anymore protesting troop involvement like they constantly were with Bush.

Forum List

Back