No word of a lie: scientists rate the world’s biggest peddlers of bull.

• Banned
The American philosopher Harry G Frankfurt opens his bestselling treatise, On Bullshit, with a heartfelt lament on the sheer quantity around. “There is so much bullshit,” the Princeton scholar wrote in 2005, before conceding that we are all to blame.

In new research, scientists claim to have identified the most common practitioners of the ignoble art. Their study of 40,000 teenagers reveals that boys; those from privileged backgrounds; and North Americans in particular, top the charts as the worst offenders.

The Scots and the Northern Irish are the least likely to indulge, with the English ranking mid-table, according to the study of 15-year-olds from Anglophone regions, including the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Last edited:
lp7y4v0.png

~S~

s-l200.jpg

We still have lying boy and girl politicians except for you know who. This must've been true since the beginning of time. And we have atheist scientists who are wrong a lot and lie a lot. What if we ignored these liars and not vote for them or not believe in these secular, atheist scientists and the garbage they spew in mainstream media. Life would still go on and we would be better for it.

Last edited:
s-l200.jpg

We still have lying boy and girl politicians except for you know who. This must've been true since the beginning of time. And we have atheist scientists who are wrong a lot and lie a lot. What if we ignored these liars and not vote for them or not believe in these secular, atheist scientists and the garbage they spew in mainstream media. Life would still go on and we would be better for it.

As usual, your rants are the stuff of an angry, self-hating religious zealot.

You make claims against science that are totally unsupported and only amount to emotional outbursts that suggest you're a child, falling to the floor in a kicking, flailing tantrum.

A time out for you, laddie.

You make claims against science that are totally unsupported and only amount to emotional outbursts that suggest you're a child, falling to the floor in a kicking, flailing tantrum.

The "unsupported" claims of humans descended from monkeys are on your side. You base it on circumstantial fossil evidence. If chimps became bipedal, then why aren't today's monkeys bipedal? The present is the key to the past according to secular science, so it must mean that they weren't bipedal in the past. Moreover, why aren't they becoming ape-human? They still act like chimps and apes. And what about what happened before that -- tailed monkeys became tailless. It means that we have a tailbone, a coccyx, with no use as you claim. We do not see tailed monkeys become tailless today through evolution. We already know the coccyx helps us to sit upright and the nerves connected to it helps us walk. How could an ape walk if they couldn't use their coccyx?

It's the same thing over and over. You have no answers to my questions about your funny and false evolution, so you have to follow me around to continue your emotional outbursts like that of a spoiled child.

The "unsupported" claims of humans descended from monkeys are on your side. You base it on circumstantial fossil evidence. If chimps became bipedal, then why aren't today's monkeys bipedal? The present is the key to the past according to secular science, so it must mean that they weren't bipedal in the past. Moreover, why aren't they becoming ape-human? They still act like chimps and apes. And what about what happened before that -- tailed monkeys became tailless. It means that we have a tailbone, a coccyx, with no use as you claim. We do not see tailed monkeys become tailless today through evolution. We already know the coccyx helps us to sit upright and the nerves connected to it helps us walk. How could an ape walk if they couldn't use their coccyx?

It's the same thing over and over. You have no answers to my questions about your funny and false evolution, so you have to follow me around to continue your emotional outbursts like that of a spoiled child.
I totally agree. My grandmother was hit by a car when she was a young woman. In the hospital they removed her tailbone and she had nothing but related walking and sitting problems until the day she died.

You're back to the nonsensical "humans from monkeys" slogan that you cut and paste from ID'iot creation ministries. What a shame that you insist promoting such dishonest rhetoric.

I note with amusement that you carefully avoided addressing the data I gave you easier regarding vestigial bones / organs. Your ID'iot creation ministries have nothing with which to refute the peer reviewed science so you are reduced to mere spam as a way to deflect.

Your juvenile, emotional outbursts are effective only at demonstrating the failure of the ID'iot creation ministries to refute peer reviewed science and depict the false religious claims as untenable.

Forum List

Back