ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
800.jpg

NEWS IN BRIEFJune 17, 2015
VOL 51 ISSUE 24 News · Guns · Violence

CHARLESTON, SC—In the hours following a violent rampage in downtown Charleston in which a lone attacker killed nine individuals and seriously injured one other, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Oklahoma resident Kenneth Barrows, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five and a half years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

The Onion, on point with a dash of Colbert

Ok.

How would you prevent the next one??

Ban all guns.

Tell the mean person no, no, no and hope they will comply.

Ban all Christians ( well every white Christian ) and Jews.

Close our eyes and click our heels three times and wish for it not to happen.

If anything from California tell us is that those that want to kill do not care about the laws, and those willing to sell stuff on the black market could also give a rat ass about the laws, but let make more laws and hope one will actually work!

Only the government should have guns just like Stalin's USSR, Mao's China, Hitler's Germany and North Korea!

Short straw OP still stuck with the Rummy Clown Icon. Stats is back, beg him for a new one

Freedom isn't free
I wish you statist dumbfucks would understand that simple concept..

Wow, you mean like I did months ago?

Republicans need to be honest on the 2nd Amendment by saying THIS | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Mass shootings are collateral damage and an acceptable consequence of freedom to own firearms.

If they said that, it would be so honest and unwavering that ppl would have to be forced to disagree or agree. But instead of being honest they play this game of peekaboo where any and all suggestions for gun control is translated into Republican speak of "Banning guns". Which does nothing to explain what you're FOR.

I've asked several times what if any suggestions do the pro gun crowd have to prevent shootings like Oregon and after so many times it seems as if they don't have suggestions but are more comfortable bring the peanut gallery that boos anyone's suggestions to do anything different than the status quo

Only the government should have guns just like Stalin's USSR, Mao's China, Hitler's Germany and North Korea!

Short straw OP still stuck with the Rummy Clown Icon. Stats is back, beg him for a new one

This doesnt have anything to do with my avatar or with Govt being the only ones with guns drama queen

Ok.

Start massive propaganda campaigns that make shooting people/murder 'uncool.' We put plenty of tobacco growers out of business with an anti-smoking campaign. In the 80's "This is your brain on drugs" actually reached a sizeable group of kids at an age when it mattered. It won't happen overnight, but we have to start somewhere. It's not the whole answer, obviously, but it could help some.

No one is stopping you from starting this campaign. This doesnt require any new laws. Fire it up! No pun intended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ClosedCaption.....you do know the whole "only nation where this happens regularly" nonsense has been disproven by numbers right? I know you libs hate when facts ruin a good talking point.

Ok.

Start massive propaganda campaigns that make shooting people/murder 'uncool.' We put plenty of tobacco growers out of business with an anti-smoking campaign. In the 80's "This is your brain on drugs" actually reached a sizeable group of kids at an age when it mattered. It won't happen overnight, but we have to start somewhere. It's not the whole answer, obviously, but it could help some.

Um....it's not cool now. Only ISIS and ghetto street thugs think murder is cool.

ClosedCaption.....you do know the whole "only nation where this happens regularly" nonsense has been disproven by numbers right? I know you libs hate when facts ruin a good talking point.

No it hasnt, as proof you didn't include any numbers to back it up and everyone knows you lie for no reason

No it hasnt, as proof you didn't include any numbers to back it up and everyone knows you lie for no reason

Not that facts matter to you at all but you asked for documentation and here some is. It took all of 1 second to find. Gun deaths are bad regardless of who else has them but again and again and again you guys make shit up to push an agenda that you don't understand.
Guns.jpg

Ok.

Um....it's not cool now. Only ISIS and ghetto street thugs think murder is cool.
I should have been more clear. Delete "murder" from my first statement. Shooting people is considered to be very cool by a very many Americans, or so many people would not own guns and be fighting desperately to hang on to them. So many kids and adults would not be playing video games where --- guess what?-- we shoot people to win! Even the many folks who own guns and don't turn them on people think it is a cool to be armed/give the impression they might shoot...That's cool.

And since "ghetto street thugs" comprise a good number of the shooters we were discussing, there's nothing wrong with trying to reach them, is there? ISIS is a whole different ball of wax and hopefully a different thread.

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
800.jpg

NEWS IN BRIEFJune 17, 2015
VOL 51 ISSUE 24 News · Guns · Violence

CHARLESTON, SC—In the hours following a violent rampage in downtown Charleston in which a lone attacker killed nine individuals and seriously injured one other, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Wednesday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. “This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Oklahoma resident Kenneth Barrows, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. “It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this guy from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what he really wanted.” At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past five and a half years were referring to themselves and their situation as “helpless.”

The Onion, on point with a dash of Colbert
Cartoons and comedy are the go to sources for information for the left. France didn't prevent their problems either with their strict gun laws, did the author figure that out yet? His point was stupid but that works for you.

I should have been more clear. Delete "murder" from my first statement. Shooting people is considered to be very cool by a very many Americans, or so many people would not own guns and be fighting desperately to hang on to them. So many kids and adults would not be playing video games where --- guess what?-- we shoot people to win! Even the many folks who own guns and don't turn them on people think it is a cool to be armed/give the impression they might shoot...That's cool.

And since "ghetto street thugs" comprise a good number of the shooters we were discussing, there's nothing wrong with trying to reach them, is there? ISIS is a whole different ball of wax and hopefully a different thread.
You watch too many movies and know too few legal gun owners. Get out of your bubble and discover what reality is really like.

You watch too many movies and know too few legal gun owners. Get out of your bubble and discover what reality is really like.
I know plenty of legal gun owners, thank you. Even very close relatives. And my bubble got burst long, long ago in the work I do. Don't assume--it only makes an ass out of u and me.
More importantly, what exactly do you object to in my post?

Not that facts matter to you at all but you asked for documentation and here some is. It took all of 1 second to find. Gun deaths are bad regardless of who else has them but again and again and again you guys make shit up to push an agenda that you don't understand.View attachment 56279

Hey goofball, Bucs said that it's been disproven that this isnt the only nation that mass shootings regularly happen.

And in response your pseudo intellectual ass post numbers about GUN DEATHS to disprove mass shootings huh?

Fuck outta here dummy, think about it first before claiming to be some sort of brain trust

Forum List

Back