No, the Media isn't Biased...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, May 24, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000517184

No liberal bias in the media? Sure....

2. deciophobic

deciophobic Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    ur right, it's not biased:D

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I have yet to hear any viable suggestions on how to attack the liberal bias. suggestions anyone?

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Hannity, Rush and Foxnews seem to have put a dent into their bias. Lets just hope it continues.

5. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Did this survey mention anything about the decision makers at these papers - that is the editors and publishers who tend to be overwhelmingly conservative?

acludem

6. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    If they were overwhelmingly conservative as you suggest, how then would the publication be considered liberaly biased? Your assertion, on it's face, make no sense.

7. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Your statement makes no sense. My argument is that it doesn't matter what the politics of the peons are - it matters what the politics of those who actually decide what goes into the paper or on the TV are. There have been numerous articles, including by this same source, one of which I sourced in another thread on this topic showing than editors and publishers are OVERWHELMINGLY - I'm talking by 3 to 1 margins conservative.

acludem

8. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I understood your point and perhaps I am dense here, but seems you are still making the same point and that is...the decision makers are conservative...but the paeons as you call them...the ones writing the so called left leaning articles do so at the direction of the editors, or in the very least their work is condoned by the editors.

If the editors are as you suggest conservative, why would they promote or direct the inclusion of such left leaning articles? I mean what are their motives and intentions? It just not make sense. Or...are you suggesting some nefarious agenda?

If your argument is one of editorial credibility due to someone of a conservative viewpoint working for a left leaning publication, then I might tend to agree. However, I would submit if that were the case, then the credibility of the entire publication be suspect.