No Super el Niño – But Massive Polar Vortex

You think that super-typhoon was caused by cooling? Why don't you find us someone with a high school education willing to sign their name to that idea.

You think that super-typhoon was caused by cooling? Why don't you find us someone with a high school education willing to sign their name to that idea.

There's bigger storms on Jupiter and Neptune and they're both a lot cooler

Once again Crick is showing his ignorance.

Storms are caused by temperature imbalance between areas of warm and areas of cold. The storm in the arctic is due to a sever temperature drop causing the imbalance. As its origins are due to down-welling cold it is not unexpected that it would be a low. The strength of this low is being pushed by the temperature imbalance which is causing ground temps to fall over 60 F in a matter of hours. This is why it is massive and growing. As the areas of cold increases so will the size of the low.

The general assumption is that reduced snow cover and sea ice reflect less sunlight and therefore evaporation and transpiration increases, which in turn alters the pressure and temperature gradient of the polar vortex, causing it to weaken or collapse. This becomes apparent when the jet stream amplitude increases (meanders) over the northern hemisphere, causing Rossby waves to propagate farther to the south or north, which in turn transports warmer air to the north pole and polar air into lower latitudes. The jet stream amplitude increases with a weaker polar vortex, hence increases the chance for weather systems to become blocked. A recent blocking event emerged when a high-pressure over Greenland steered Hurricane Sandy into the northern Mid-Atlantic states.[37]

Polar vortex - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

A massive storm fueled by the remnants of Typhoon Nuri did not do much damage in Alaska's sparsely populated Aleutian Islands, but forecasters say it's anchoring a system that will push a frigid blast of air into the mainland United States and send temperatures plunging early this week.

Alaska Storm Brings Frigid Weather to Swath of US - ABC News

If you follow weather on social media, you’ve likely heard of Super Typhoon Nuri. It’s a huge storm out in the Western Pacific Ocean, and as it becomes extra-tropical, it’s going to be one of the biggest storms to hit Alaska since the Carter Administration. Storms of this magnitude can create a huge “kink” in the jet stream.

In this case, Nuri has carved out a significant dip in the Pacific Jet. Downwind of that is an equally large ridge (of higher pressure). Further downwind is another big trough. And so on…

Follow this inter-connected path 5,000 or so miles, and you hit the West Coast of the United States. In case you haven’t been outside this week, it’s quite mild and dry for November in the Bay Area, and thanks to a strengthening ridge of high pressure, it will likely hit 80 this weekend away from the water. East of Denver, though, it will be a whole different story. Thanks to a big dip in the jet stream, it will be 20-30 degrees colder than average with widespread rain and snow. That dip will be referred to the Polar Vortex.

Super Typhoon Nuri Pushing Above West Coast To Force Polar Vortex On Midwest CBS San Francisco

and

Typhoon Causes
The first cause is warm water. When there is an abundance of warm water, there is a considerable amount of energy for the typhoon. Water at temperatures of 79.7 degrees F is needed at a depth of 50 meters or more. If there is not this much available water at the right temperature, a typhoon won’t form. Warm water, when it mixes with cold air, creates a low pressure system. This is the start of that typhoon.

The next cause is the abundance of water. Once the typhoon has developed, it needs to be continuously fed. Therefore, high humidity is a must near the eye of the storm. As more heat meets with cold air, it results in more low pressure systems which gets the wind moving even more.
what-causes-typhoon.jpg

The big question, though, is where does the low pressure winds come from? When the northeast and southeast trade winds converge on each other, this results in a cooling of the air. This cooling is what meets up with the warm water and starts to cause the basis for a typhoon formation. If these winds never meet, there won’t be a typhoon because there won’t be a low pressure system.

One final necessity for a typhoon is location. For a typhoon to develop, it needs to be five degrees north of the Equator. That is the optimal location for typhoon development. Because of how precise it is, one would assume that typhoons are rare. However, some scientists suggest that the planet warming is a direct connection to the number of typhoons that a region has.

What Causes Typhoons

Absolutely no chance any of our deniers will read that link. They assidously avoid anything resembling real science.

However, for you that will experiance the remenants of this typhoon, enjoy. Wider and wilder swings in weather with an overall warming.

= more k00k losing!!!

The people of Wyoming are going to wake up to negative 30 degrees tomorrow morning!!!

How many of those people are going to be sipping their coffee saying "Shit.....gotta do something about this global warming stuff immediately!!" ???

Exactly none......except of course, perhaps for a handful of mental cases that'll be swapping out their coffee for italian ices!!:eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance:

Wow, the people of Wyoming are waking up to frigid temperatures - in November. Imagine that!

bridge-to-sell1.png

Sub ZERO like we will have on Tuesday is not normal for this time of year. ITs about 35 degrees BELOW NORMAL.

But not unheard of in Wyoming. And of course, you do understand why the weather is going to take a turn for the worse, right?
if it's not unheard of, then how is it climate change?
BTW, why is it you all can't get your story straight. Either there is or this isn't climate change. Which is it already?

Warm water, when it mixes with cold air, creates a low pressure system. This is the start of that typhoon.
You're not actually asking that queestion are you?
here you go from your own post:
"Warm water, when it mixes with cold air, creates a low pressure system. This is the start of that typhoon."

= more k00k losing!!!

The people of Wyoming are going to wake up to negative 30 degrees tomorrow morning!!!

How many of those people are going to be sipping their coffee saying "Shit.....gotta do something about this global warming stuff immediately!!" ???

Exactly none......except of course, perhaps for a handful of mental cases that'll be swapping out their coffee for italian ices!!:eusa_dance::funnyface::eusa_dance:

Wow, the people of Wyoming are waking up to frigid temperatures - in November. Imagine that!

bridge-to-sell1.png

Sub ZERO like we will have on Tuesday is not normal for this time of year. ITs about 35 degrees BELOW NORMAL.

But not unheard of in Wyoming. And of course, you do understand why the weather is going to take a turn for the worse, right?
BTW, why is it you all can't get your story straight. Either there is or this isn't climate change. Which is it already?

I don't recall that I ever made the claim that this Pacific storm ramming into Alaska, causing the polar air to dump into the lower 48 to be evidence of climate change (aka AGW). If you believe I made such a claim, please provide a link to the relevant post.

= more k00k losing!!!

bridge-to-sell1.png

I don't recall that I ever made the claim that this Pacific storm ramming into Alaska, causing the polar air to dump into the lower 48 to be evidence of climate change (aka AGW). If you believe I made such a claim, please provide a link to the relevant post.
so you don't believe in climate change? Ok! I thought that was your position based on your posting habits.

bridge-to-sell1.png

so you don't believe in climate change? Ok! I thought that was your position based on your posting habits.

Whether or not I accept climate change as fact is irrelevant to the fact that I never suggested anywhere on this forum that this Pacific storm ramming into Alaska, causing the polar air to dump into the lower 48 to be evidence of climate change (aka AGW).

El Niño fades without westerly wind bursts

The warm and wet winter of 1997 brought California floods, Florida tornadoes, and an ice storm in the American northeast, prompting climatologists to dub it the El Niño of the century. Earlier this year, climate scientists thought the coming winter might bring similar extremes, as equatorial Pacific Ocean conditions resembled those seen in early 1997. But the signals weakened by summer, and the El Niño predictions were downgraded.

As I pointed out some months ago this years El Niño was going to go nowhere and I was right again. The region 3-4 temps have spiked and are now rapidly dwindling. In just a few weeks the heat will be totally gone and a La Nina will begin and persist for the next two years.

As this normal oscillation Continues the Northern Hemisphere will cool more rapidly.

The alarmists will be very butt hurt soon as major cooling and record lows pummel the US for the next few months..

In just a few weeks the heat will be totally gone

Gone to where? Seems like a simple question. Are you able to give us an answer?

Yes, I do understand ocean circulation and heat transfer. And, having read everything you've posted here, I can, with infinite certitude, state that you do not.

So, again, to where do you think that heat has gone?

Forum List

Back