No right to resist illegal entry of your home in Indiana

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Quantum Windbag, May 13, 2011.

1. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    WTF?

Do these idiots not understand the law at all? No wonder Obama is confused about the Constitutional limits to his power if this is an example of what law schools turn out.

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. R.D.

R.D. Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,375
    Just damn - he didn't even bother to sugar coat it.

3. TheBrain

TheBrain BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    This is a technically incorrect ruling, but as we talked about the other day; people have brought it on themselves. How many stories have we read, or hear about people who have killed police officers who were in noway doing their jobs incorrectly by people who mistakenly think they can do whatever the hell they want on their own property, or by people who just hate the police and will use any excuse to act violently towards them?

So, technically incorrect; but necessary to protect cops from being killed; and from keeping suspects from being killed to .

4. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    So cops can enter a home whenever they want?

That's the most blatant "we don't give a fuck about the stoopid paper people died for" ruling I have ever heard.

Anyone who approves this should be investigated.

5. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,388
    I think it's a bad rulling and set a bad precident.

"In my view the majority sweeps with far too broad a brush by essentially telling Indiana citizens that government agents may now enter their homes illegally -- that is, without the necessity of a warrant, consent or exigent circumstances," Rucker said. "I disagree."

Rucker and Dickson suggested if the court had limited its permission for police entry to domestic violence situations they would have supported the ruling.

Furthermore:

On Tuesday, the court said police serving a warrant may enter a home without knocking if officers decide circumstances justify it. Prior to that ruling, police serving a warrant would have to obtain a judge's permission to enter without knocking.

6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Fuck protecting cops if they break the law. The way to protect cops is to eliminate no-knock warrants and the mentality that they have the power to search people and/or property without a warrant. If they had to go to court, and announce themselves, every single time they searched or entered a building they would be a lot safer than they are breaking into homes in the middle of the night unannounced. They deserve to get shot doing that.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  7. signelect

signelect BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +216
    What a stupid ruling and the reason for it was just as inane. Down here in Texas if I wake up in the night and find you in my house and I am scared as I should be I may not have presence of mind to ask what your profession is. I will learn that after you are on the ground and I turn the lights on. Any policeman entering a house without knocking is stupid and should be fired. I respect the police and the job they do but breaking into a house unless you have a hostage situation or the person is resisting their entry then they better find another way.

8. TheBrain

TheBrain BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    There are a myriad of reasons for no knock warrants. Not all of them include the safety of the officers involved. I will concede that they are used to often in some jurisdictions, but to say there are NEVER necessary is ignorant.

To say that the cops serving the warrants deserve what they get is even dumber. The cops serving the warrant aren't the ones making the decisions to use them. They're just doing hat they're told.

9. TheBrain

TheBrain BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +237
    A professional no knock team would have you cuffed before you even wiped the sleepy out of your eye.

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    Should we just link to PrisonPlanet on this on>?