"No religion" = one third of people

I think Religion will cease to exist in like 150 years, or so.

Which is a good thing. There need to be no Earthly, man-led docrinal(work?) control of people in order for people to praise whatever higher being they may believe in.

What "control?" You and yours love to use that word as though Christians do not reason for themselves? Just because you cannot connect the dots does not mean you hold the truth on your side or that we are being controlled.

Maybe those under Sharia law in some Arab countries are under some control, and maybe some people in godless North Korea and totalitarian China are being controlled, but not in the West. Yet, you want to pretend you think you know that being Christian is a big part of what is wrong with this world. Pathetic.

And don't forget to remind us how we are "shoving our religion down your throat." :0

Obviously, when one believes that Religion is fraudulent, then it follows that it's a mere control mechanism in their opinion.

That clear that up, for ya? Lemme know.

I think Religion will cease to exist in like 150 years, or so.

Which is a good thing. There need to be no Earthly, man-led docrinal(work?) control of people in order for people to praise whatever higher being they may believe in.

What "control?" You and yours love to use that word as though Christians do not reason for themselves? Just because you cannot connect the dots does not mean you hold the truth on your side or that we are being controlled.

Maybe those under Sharia law in some Arab countries are under some control, and maybe some people in godless North Korea and totalitarian China are being controlled, but not in the West. Yet, you want to pretend you think you know that being Christian is a big part of what is wrong with this world. Pathetic.

And don't forget to remind us how we are "shoving our religion down your throat." :0

Obviously, when one believes that Religion is fraudulent, then it follows that it's a mere control mechanism in their opinion.

Yes, I think I do. Your ignorance is "controlling" you.

And doesn't seem to bother you either. Sorry, if I got it wrong again.

Yes you do what?

Why do you think Christians are more paranoid and afraid? Because 1/3 of the world is of a different belief, and another third is of no belief? That should make us afraid?

I have a fairly recent article that took a survey, too. It says that 2/3 of scientists do not believe in God. That shocked me. It tells me that ego is a stronger driver than reason. (I have the link if you want it.)

But I am going to guess that most Christians are probably very certain that their beliefs are the truth. I mean, they not only believe in God, Jesus, heaven and hell, they are sure of it. So why would that make them afraid?

Now you take an atheist or an agnostic. How dour can you get knowing you are coming to the end of your rope and one, there is nothing more, and two, it pretty much is a meaningless world? Oh, I assure you, that would make me if not very afraid, it would make me go mad.

Yes you do what?

Your answers are degenerating into nonsense. Unless your "club" has a special language and way of communicating which I am not made aware of?

Yes you do what?

Your answers are degenerating into nonsense. Unless your "club" has a special language and way of communicating which I am not made aware of?

Your post said : "yes, i think I do"

In response to a post that didnt ask anything about what you "do."

Who is speaking a different language again? Re-read and get back to me, charlie swift.

1/3 believe government is omnipotent.

What does this have to be with being non religious?

Oh, and to the OP, good. I hope that percentage gets larger.

When people remove faith in a higher power, they tend to compensate by making the government their god. Just look at the athiest progressive crowd.

And before it gets turned on me, I'm not a religious man. I'm agnostic. I do not know and Im not arrogant enough to think I do know whether or not any particular god is real, or if many gods are real, or what have you.

My point is, in history, before the Great Awakening, and around the Enlightenment, people were putting a lot more faith in government as opposed to their faith in societal matters.

Yes you do what?

Your post said : "yes, i think I do"

In response to a post that didnt ask anything about what you "do."

Who is speaking a different language again? Re-read and get back to me, charlie swift.

ok, I apologize. I see what your question “You do what?” was referring to. It was my “I think I do” cryptic answer. I did not realize that is what I wrote until now. What I meant to say was “Yes, it does clear it up for me” and then I intended to kind of talk down to you after that with some reason.

But since I look the fool for the moment, my other comments lost some of their weight. I best leave the room for now.

Many people turn to religion as their ace in the hole security blanket so they can fuck over everyone they can as sinners and say they are saved by their beliefs only for their golden parachute into heaven.

1/3 believe government is omnipotent.

When people remove faith in a higher power, they tend to compensate by making the government their god. Just look at the athiest progressive crowd.

And before it gets turned on me, I'm not a religious man. I'm agnostic. I do not know and Im not arrogant enough to think I do know whether or not any particular god is real, or if many gods are real, or what have you.

My point is, in history, before the Great Awakening, and around the Enlightenment, people were putting a lot more faith in government as opposed to their faith in societal matters.

Atheists want less government.

Many people turn to religion as their ace in the hole security blanket so they can fuck over everyone they can as sinners and say they are saved by their beliefs only for their golden parachute into heaven.

If any Christians think that, then they dont understand Christianity and the Gospel of REPENTENCE.

Why do you think Christians are more paranoid and afraid? Because 1/3 of the world is of a different belief, and another third is of no belief? That should make us afraid?

I have a fairly recent article that took a survey, too. It says that 2/3 of scientists do not believe in God. That shocked me. It tells me that ego is a stronger driver than reason. (I have the link if you want it.)

But I am going to guess that most Christians are probably very certain that their beliefs are the truth. I mean, they not only believe in God, Jesus, heaven and hell, they are sure of it. So why would that make them afraid?

Now you take an atheist or an agnostic. How dour can you get knowing you are coming to the end of your rope and one, there is nothing more, and two, it pretty much is a meaningless world? Oh, I assure you, that would make me if not very afraid, it would make me go mad.

Then it is a good thing you are not an atheist or agnostic. From my perspective, Christianity is utterly non-sensical and I cannot begin to comprehend why anyone would believe it. So it is a good thing I am not a Christian. It all works out.

Then it is a good thing you are not an atheist or agnostic. From my perspective, Christianity is utterly non-sensical and I cannot begin to comprehend why anyone would believe it. So it is a good thing I am not a Christian. It all works out.

No sweat, brother. As long as it does not bother you that your life is ultimately meaningless and a random quirk, then I suggest you have a very low expectation for life and love. As long as you think those poor malnourished Africans sure got the short end of the stick on chance and too bad for them, that's quite a strange conclusion to me.

As long as you think if you stare at a housefly long enough it will turn into a gorilla all by chance, I guess you will believe anything --- exept that there is an intelligent designer.

As long as you think every statue of Mary or Jesus that weeps tears or blood is a trick put together by some clever nuns in their basement, you will believe anything --- except that there is a God.

And as long as you believe that every one of the thousands of people who have come back from the dead (brain dead) and spoke of miraculous revelations and even spoke of occurrences in hospital rooms they were not in while unconscious --- as long as you are eager to accept the inexplicable "dying brain theory" --- then once again, you have dodged evidence for God.

But why you would want to be that way heading for "eternity's cliff" I could never understand?

But no sweat brother, you do have your free will.

Last edited:

No sweat, brother. As long as it does not bother you that your life is ultimately meaningless and a random quirk, then I suggest you have a very low expectation for life and love. As long as you think those poor malnourished Africans sure got the short end of the stick on chance and too bad for them, that's quite a strange conclusion to me.

As long as you think if you stare at a housefly long enough it will turn into a gorilla all by chance, I guess you will believe anything --- exept that there is an intelligent designer.

As long as you think every statue of Mary or Jesus that weeps tears or blood is a trick put together by some clever nuns in their basement, you will believe anything --- except that there is a God.

And as long as you believe that every one of the thousands of people who have come back from the dead (brain dead) and spoke of miraculous revelations and even spoke of occurrences in hospital rooms there were not in while unconscious --- as long as you are eager to accept the inexplicable "dying brain theory" --- then once again, you have dodged evidence for God.

But why you would want to be that way heading for "eternity's cliff" I could never understand?

Accepting that there is no god could make your life much more Valuable. Much, much more.

If I believed I was going to cease to exist, I would soak as much fun, joy and meaning out of this earthly existence as humanly possible. Not the other way around, thats pretty nonsensical.

You shouldn't assume how others think, or what they value. It's pompass, and it's usually wrong.

Atheists want less government.

Not the ones I know. And I know quite a few. They are all big government statists that believe government is the answer to all problems. A new law, a new ban, a nwew taxc. They fucking love it.

And as long as you believe that every one of the thousands of people who have come back from the dead (brain dead) and spoke of miraculous revelations and even spoke of occurrences in hospital rooms there were not in while unconscious --- as long as you are eager to accept the inexplicable "dying brain theory" --- then once again, you have dodged evidence for God.

Accepting that there is no god could make your life much more Valuable. Much, much more.

If I believed I was going to cease to exist, I would soak as much fun, joy and meaning out of this earthly existence as humanly possible. Not the other way around, thats pretty nonsensical.

You shouldn't assume how others think, or what they value. It's pompass, and it's usually wrong.

I assume "the others" are not so thin-skinned that if someone suggests some way they are thinking they will not get all indignant and upset over it. Do you?

It is a "challenge" it is not an assetion of fact on my part. How one responds will help settle the challenge.

As to your other point, if I knew my life was ultimately meaningless --- and that is exactly what a world without a God and without life after death becomes, I mean who cares what Joe Caveman did to help some fawn escape a thorny pit anymore, it has no bearing on the world in any way, shape, or form ---- if I knew my life and contributions would in time become ultimately meaningless, I would be cast into absolute despair and darkness from which I could never recover. Yes, seriously. The thought I would never ever see those dear to me again is reason enough for such despair.

But that's just me, G.T.

I assume "the others" are not so thin-skinned that if someone suggests some way they are thinking they will not get all indignant and upset over it. Do you?

It is a "challenge" it is not an assetion of fact on my part. How one responds will help settle the challenge.

As to your other point, if I knew my life was ultimately meaningless --- and that is exactly what a world without a God and without life after death becomes, I mean who cares what Joe Caveman did to help some fawn escape a thorny pit anymore, it has no bearing on the world in any way, shape, or form ---- if I knew my life and contributions would in time become ultimately meaningless, I would be cast into absolute despair and darkness from which I could never recover. Yes, seriously. The thought I would never ever see those dear to me again is reason enough for such despair.

But that's just me, G.T.

You'd be thinking counter intuitively.

It's more rational to strive to make a bigger difference so that your life was NOT meaningless, if there were no afterlife. It's way more of an incentive to attempt to advance Humanity in general. With the afterlife, the incentive to maximize your existence NOW is decreased, necessarily.

And as long as you believe that every one of the thousands of people who have come back from the dead (brain dead) and spoke of miraculous revelations and even spoke of occurrences in hospital rooms they were not in while unconscious --- as long as you are eager to accept the inexplicable "dying brain theory" --- then once again, you have dodged evidence for God.

Indeed I do have free will. And if all of what you just wrote makes you feel good, then I am happy for you. We each have to follow what we think is right.

But that's just me, G.T.

And here is that problem with thinking I talked about. It mattered to Joe Caveman. It mattered to the fawn. Why would it need to matter to anyone else?

Why does there have to be a tomorrow for today to have meaning? It seems to me that if there is a God, then this life is a gift. One should focus on experiencing that gift rather than worrying about what happens after. If there is not a God, then worrying is a waste of what you have in exchange for nothing.

But that's just me, G.T.

You'd be thinking counter intuitively.

It's more rational to strive to make a bigger difference so that your life was NOT meaningless, if there were no afterlife. It's way more of an incentive to attempt to advance Humanity in general. With the afterlife, the incentive to maximize your existence NOW is decreased, necessarily.

Well as an atheist with a big heart, I do not doubt you are trying to maximize temporal pleasure --- that is all good --- but for me as a certain believer in heaven and hell, temporal pleasure is so low on the scale by comparison.

In addition, the assumption that Christians do not care about this world because it is temporary, do not care abou the needs of the needy, well... that has been demonstrated over history to be absolutely false. You KNOW the opposite is true based on the immeasurable amount of charity and missionaries and hospitals and schools and orphanages, et al. Christians have sacrificed their lives to care for others. Of course that all gets ignored when people try to tell us church people are hypocrites and in it for the money. No problem finding a wolf in sheep's clothing, but that hardly proves anything other than man has a sinful nature. The teachings of Jesus are not tarnished by those.

Forum List

Back