No one is showin ID to vote today?

• Banned
Brad Friedman: Republicans Require No Photo ID To Vote In Republican Iowa Caucus

Cheryl Allen at the Sec. of State's office confirmed to me Tuesday that while showing photo ID is the "easiest way" to register to vote there, it is by no means a requirement. Folks without photo ID are allowed to sign a simple oath, along with one attester, in order to verify that they are who they say they are.

So not only is it possible to register and vote on the same day in Iowa -- something that Republicans have fought against allowing for most citizens in most other states -- one doesn't even need a photo ID to do it, in an election where the Republicans themselves set all of the rules.

It's almost as if they realize that risking disenfranchisement of any of their own voters in their own caucus would be monumentally stupid -- not to mention potentially illegal and/or unconstitutional to boot, though that has yet to stop them from doing the same in general elections where Democrats may be on the ballot.

Go figure.

Last edited:
IF they are not requiring it...THEN THEY ARE WRONG..

I have to show a Id in the states that I have lived in..and guess what..I friggen survived.

this whole id crap is pathetic

IF they are not requiring it...THEN THEY ARE WRONG..

I have to show a Id in the states that I have lived in..and guess what..I friggen survived.

this whole id crap is pathetic

It is about the ability to cheat. Nothing else.

• Banned
they know damned well the turnout would go down.

If he had made the rules as strick as the republicans insist they be for real elections they would have had a lower turnout and it would have given MORE evidence to show such measures disenfranchise legal voters while stopping not measurable fraud.

Do as I say not as I do republicans

If he had made the rules as strick as the republicans insist they be for real elections they would have had a lower turnout and it would have given MORE evidence to show such measures disenfranchise legal voters while stopping not measurable fraud.

omg..disenfranchise LEGAL voters...If they friggen LEGAL, WHY wouldn't they have a id?
Here's a question for you? HOW MANY people in this country don't have ID'S? you and your party seems to know so much?

Last edited:
It's a caucus, not a primary. Everyone is out in the open, you can actually see who's voting for who. There is no secret ballot. Only registered voters are allowed to vote. Seems like being in the open is a concept unknown to the liberals.

They're showing their darn face, how much ID do you need??

Last edited:

Go down? Less than 30% of registered votors turn out for the caucuses, how much further could it go down?

Forum List

Back