No one is showin ID to vote today?

In the Iowa GOP caucus, anyone is allowed to vote so long as someone vouches for them (one cannot vouch for more than one person). That means it is about as easy as possible for an individual to cast a fraudulent vote (and individuals do vote in Iowa GOP precinct caucuses, usually by secret ballot). An ineligible voter needs only to find an eligible friend to vouch for them, or to ask sympathetic passersby to vouch for them. Why does the GOP make it so easy for individuals to cast fraudulent votes in their party events? For much the same reason the Democrats do:

1) It's easier than checking ID's, making it more convenient both for the organizers and the participants.

2) They aren't very concerned about small-scale fraud affecting the outcome.

3) It boosts turnout, allowing them to claim that their members are both enthusiastic and numerous, leading to good press.

they know damned well the turnout would go down.

If he had made the rules as strick as the republicans insist they be for real elections they would have had a lower turnout and it would have given MORE evidence to show such measures disenfranchise legal voters while stopping not measurable fraud.

Do as I say not as I do republicans

omg..disenfranchise LEGAL voters...If they friggen LEGAL, WHY wouldn't they have a id?
Here's a question for you? HOW MANY people in this country don't have ID'S? you and your party seems to know so much?

If you or anyone else REALLY thinks this is about voter fraud then you've got issues. It's about making it harder for the minorities, poor and elderly to cast their legal votes because heavy voter turnout usually favor democrats. Period.

they know damned well the turnout would go down.

If he had made the rules as strick as the republicans insist they be for real elections they would have had a lower turnout and it would have given MORE evidence to show such measures disenfranchise legal voters while stopping not measurable fraud.

Do as I say not as I do republicans

omg..disenfranchise LEGAL voters...If they friggen LEGAL, WHY wouldn't they have a id?
Here's a question for you? HOW MANY people in this country don't have ID'S? you and your party seems to know so much?

If you or anyone else REALLY thinks this is about voter fraud then you've got issues. It's about making it harder for the minorities, poor and elderly to cast their legal votes because heavy voter turnout usually favor democrats. Period.

So tell me how can a person prove he/she is legally eligible to vote if not by showing a proper ID?

Forum List

Back