No more rep from me...

Immanuel

Gold Member
May 15, 2007
... at least not for a while.

I have had some computer problems over the last week. Last night I finally got most of them solved but that has led to a couple of additional problems. One being that I cannot seem to issue rep at least not from this computer. I did just go to the one remaining laptop that is in the house and was able to issue rep, so I know it is not a site issue but rather my computer.

I suspect that the problem is either related to a pop-up blocker or to the new anti-viruse/spyware/anti-spam/firewall software I had to install last night. But even turning off FireFox's pop-up blocker has not done the trick and turning off the firewall on the new security software has not solved the problem either.

Midnight Marauder, if you see this and have any advice, I'd really appreciate it. For that matter any advice or help from anyone here would be appreciated.

When I click on the rep button, I do not get the box that allows me to approve/disapprove of the post.

I hope to find the right combination soon, but until then I'm stuck.

Immie

Eh,, if you can't rep me for it why should I offer advice?

JK!!

I actually have no idea what to do. Good luck!!

JK!!

Hehe,

Because, I will take back all those nasty things, I've been saying about you since the smoking thread? :lol: psst! Fat chance :D

Or,

Maybe he/she who figures this out for me will be the first to receive rep when I get it back? ;)

Immie

Well, I finally figured out what the problem is/was.

It has something to do with a new Internet Security Software I downloaded from Bright House. It seems the firewall was blocking access to such features as the rep system. That was what I suspected when this first happened, but simply shutting off the firewall did not do the trip. I had to shut off the firewall and then close the browser and then open up the browser again with the firewall off.

Hmmm.... seems like a call to Bright House is in order later today.

Immie

JK!!

Hehe,

Because, I will take back all those nasty things, I've been saying about you since the smoking thread? :lol: psst! Fat chance :D

Or,

Maybe he/she who figures this out for me will be the first to receive rep when I get it back? ;)

Immie
I don't know how to fix it, but I suggest you keep trying to rep me. In all likelihood it will come free like an ice flow! ;)

Forum List

Back