What a Pain in the ASS!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Sold a Lenovo Thinkpad A 31 to a friend for his daughter and she wants XP loaded on it. What a major pain in the ass! Still doing the fucking upgrades and have yet to get to the service packs after two hours of work (including loading the OS). God I hate Microsoft!

Sold a Lenovo Thinkpad A 31 to a friend for his daughter and she wants XP loaded on it. What a major pain in the ass! Still doing the fucking upgrades and have yet to get to the service packs after two hours of work (including loading the OS). God I hate Microsoft!
Make sure you have a code, wouldn't want to rob them of their 'great' software now would we.

I bring it up because that pops up at the end, right before you realize the copy disc doesn't have the code written on it.

Make sure you have a code, wouldn't want to rob them of their 'great' software now would we.

I bring it up because that pops up at the end, right before you realize the copy disc doesn't have the code written on it.

All legit, old OEM (licensed) version of XP Pro (thankfully with SP2). Well it's almost 11:30 my time, SP3 is done and the final security updates (57 of them) are almost all installed. I'll put Burner software on next (Cnet downloads), free quick and easy then I'm done.
Most people choose the Ubuntu OS when I tell them how much it'll cost them for me to load a licensed version of windows XP, I don't charge for the Ubuntu, it only takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish and only takes up about 2 minutes of my time sitting in front of the computer.
Since it's for a real good friend I did the install for free and walla! It's finally done!

$robotdamian_2_hal-9000_focus_jpg.jpg

"Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

All legit, old OEM (licensed) version of XP Pro (thankfully with SP2). Well it's almost 11:30 my time, SP3 is done and the final security updates (57 of them) are almost all installed. I'll put Burner software on next (Cnet downloads), free quick and easy then I'm done.
Most people choose the Ubuntu OS when I tell them how much it'll cost them for me to load a licensed version of windows XP, I don't charge for the Ubuntu, it only takes 15-20 minutes from start to finish and only takes up about 2 minutes of my time sitting in front of the computer.
Since it's for a real good friend I did the install for free and walla! It's finally done!

Can you install Windows ME for me? I really miss that OS.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Now we know who's the masochist on the board. Next you'll be asking for Vista...............

Forum List

Back