No More Endless Debates!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Greatest political news I've come across to date. :eusa_clap:

Republicans Tighten Grip on Debates in 2016 Race

By JONATHAN MARTINMAY 9, 2014

MEMPHIS — The Republican National Committee moved Friday to seize control of the presidential primary debates in 2016, another step in a coordinated effort by the party establishment to reshape the nominating process.

Committee members overwhelmingly passed a measure that would penalize any presidential candidate who participated in a debate not sanctioned by the national party, by limiting their participation in subsequent committee-sanctioned forums.

Read more of this good news @ http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/10/u...ten-grip-on-debates-in-2016-race.html?hp&_r=0

I just hope this doesn't somehow limit the number of candidates or end up in a situation where we only hear from the candidates favored by the MSM and establishment GOP.

I think it is a good idea for the GOP to limit the number of debates. It is even more important that they more selective in who gets to moderate the debates. Why let the enemy be a moderator?

I just hope this doesn't somehow limit the number of candidates or end up in a situation where we only hear from the candidates favored by the MSM and establishment GOP.
The RNC simply doesn't want a repeat of 2012 where Romney was pushed into a contest of who can be the most conservative by radical conservatives who didn't stand a chance.

Nutters are pleased that the number of debates will be limited because they can't stand to watch their guys make fools of themselves.

The less people like Santorum, Perry, Cain and Bachmann talk.....the better their chances.

Same holds true for Cruz, Paul and Rubio.

Like your guys never make fools of themselves......

Obama said premiums employers pay for employees would be reduced up to 3000 percent. Is he mathematically challenged?

[ame=http://youtu.be/sgpnE9NtpYo]3000 percent.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

MEMPHIS — The Republican National Committee moved Friday to seize control of the presidential primary debates in 2016, another step in a coordinated effort by the party establishment to reshape the nominating process.

Committee members overwhelmingly passed a measure that would penalize any presidential candidate who participated in a debate not sanctioned by the national party, by limiting their participation in subsequent committee-sanctioned forums.

Read more of this good news @ http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/10/u...ten-grip-on-debates-in-2016-race.html?hp&_r=0

:lol:

Best to keep all the nuts out of the light of the media until they can be polished..eh?

Nutters are pleased that the number of debates will be limited because they can't stand to watch their guys make fools of themselves.

The less people like Santorum, Perry, Cain and Bachmann talk.....the better their chances.

Same holds true for Cruz, Paul and Rubio.

Like your guys never make fools of themselves......

Obama said premiums employers pay for employees would be reduced up to 3000 percent. Is he mathematically challenged?

[ame=http://youtu.be/sgpnE9NtpYo]3000 percent.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Der......der......der........

limiting debate is not a positive choice while campaigning ... the same for free advertising.

Greatest political news I've come across to date.

For republicans, perhaps, desperate to not have a repeat of GOP candidates failing to come to the defense of a gay veteran booed by audience members.

And it comes as no surprise, of course, that republicans seek to limit debate to keep the voters in the dark and the conservative political machine in strict control of the message.

Greatest political news I've come across to date.

For republicans, perhaps, desperate to not have a repeat of GOP candidates failing to come to the defense of a gay veteran booed by audience members.

And it comes as no surprise, of course, that republicans seek to limit debate to keep the voters in the dark and the conservative political machine in strict control of the message.

Yep.

Kinda what happened in the first debate. When Romney did a complete 180 degree turn on all his political stances during the Republican debates.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Anytime you limit the opportunities for exposure, you favor the better known.

The larger issue is the schedule of the primaries. Doesn't matter what the debate schedule is if you can't raise money and you raise money by winning in the contests.

FL and TX are March 1. California is in early June. Going to need some serious resources to stay in the race during the interval when you aren't going to be getting serious run from big victories .

Are you a Republican?

If not why would you care?

During the last president election cycle, the endless debates drove me up the wall. Not only that, but most of the moderators were so clearly biased, it was hard to get to exactly what the various candidates had to say - except for Ron Paul that is.

I can remember when there were only 2 - maybe 3 - debates at the most and all were run by The League of Women Voters.

What I would really like to see is a debate where the candidates each take turns asking questions for the others to answer. The moderator there only to ring a bell or sound a buzzer when the respondent's time was up.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. As an extremely Conservative, non-Republican, I can see this going two way.....

This can be used as a means to ensure that no Conservative gets to be involved at all, and only the mainstream, Liberal/Centrist candidates like Romney/McCain get a chance to be involved

OR

This can be an opportunity for actual Conservative candidates to actually be heard without having to constantly defend their very existance to the moderator/other canddiates while not getting a word in edgewise..

are you afraid that when they say what they think, they just reconfirm how dumb they sound?

Forum List

Back