No More Being Blind Behind a Semi!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
safety-truck-876.jpg

I cannot think of one single thing better to enhance driving than this!!! And then, the article provides this video @

It doesn't say how much it costs but I'm all for it. Read the story @ Samsung wants to stick its displays on the back of trucks to improve road safety Fox News

If it can be reasonably done, I hope it becomes the norm. I a m with you, I hate feeling like I am flying blind behind a semi.

safety-truck-876.jpg

I cannot think of one single thing better to enhance driving than this!!! And then, the article provides this video @

It doesn't say how much it costs but I'm all for it. Read the story @ Samsung wants to stick its displays on the back of trucks to improve road safety Fox News

Stuff like this illustrates well our overdependance on technology and reducing our skills. Why learn how to read a map or use a compass in the GPS age? Why learn how far you can drive when you car has a 'miles left' readout? Why learn how to drive well at all with radar, nightvision, and cars that brake for you.

Suddenly, one day, all our computerized cars aren't going to work right and everybody's gonna crash and die.

Any car I get is gonna be an oldy with windows you have to crank up and down :)

safety-truck-876.jpg

Stuff like this illustrates well our overdependance on technology and reducing our skills. Why learn how to read a map or use a compass in the GPS age? Why learn how far you can drive when you car has a 'miles left' readout? Why learn how to drive well at all with radar, nightvision, and cars that brake for you.

Suddenly, one day, all our computerized cars aren't going to work right and everybody's gonna crash and die.

Any car I get is gonna be an oldy with windows you have to crank up and down :)

In 1982, my cousin had a '64 Dodge 440 station wagon for sale that my father had bought new directly from the factory. She wanted $300 for it and I gladly forked it over.

Drove that car another 14 years and 100,000 plus miles - to include two trips from Vegas to Mazatlan,Mexico and back.

Loved it. Easy to work on. Even had electric windows. Only sold it because the suspension bushing needed replacement and I just didn't want to fuss with it even though I have a fully-equipped auto repair facility available to me.

Sold it fr $300 to a guy who rebuilt it for the destruction derby thing - saying it was like a tank and nobody could do serious damage to it. I agreed as a pickup truck had rear-ended me. Minor scratches on the trailer hitch and back bumper - the entire front end of his truck totaled.

Got a new Xterra and am afraid I'm spoiled. No more Classics for me. Too old. :coffee:

Forum List

Back