No Missouri Presidential Primary in 2024...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
We will only have Caucuses in 2024.

Missouri has ALWAYS had a caucus...but in recent years there has also been a primary election by ballot as well.

That will change in 2024...so be prepared.

From the article linked below...

"Presidential primary elections will be a thing of the past in Missouri beginning in 2024 thanks to recently passed legislation.

Missouri now will have a caucus during presidential election years. This will change the Missouri system as the previous process included a presidential preference election, which meant that parties were not strictly bound by the result of a primary election."

Different source...

What does that mean, people can't vote in the primary? The party picks for them?

I don't like that, it takes the vote out of the peoples' hands.

What does that mean, people can't vote in the primary? The party picks for them?

A caucus is more hands on than a primary...

in my opinion primaries shouldnt exist,, its a private group choosing who they want to represent their group so it should be private and they pay for it,,

I would go further and remove the D and R from the ballots for all fed elections in all states,,,,

Actually, it’s being done for the opposite reason

Fake news.

Missouri is 100% Trump Country.

No one else stands the slightest chance.

Last edited:

Conservatives have been doing this for years in various races. Here in Virginia it is how they rig the nomination for the less popular but Thomas Road Baptist Church approved candidates. It was the only reason Ken Cuccinelli ever got the nomination for governor, and Freedom Caucus' Bob Good was able to get the 5th District nomination.

Conservatives have been doing this for years in various races. Here in Virginia it is how they rig the nomination for the less popular but Thomas Road Baptist Church approved candidates. It was the only reason Ken Cuccinelli ever got the nomination for governor, and Freedom Caucus' Bob Good was able to get the 5th District nomination.
But we got Gov. Youngkin by firehouse primary so I'll call it a wash so far.

Forum List

Back