No Missiles For Hezbollah

Most Arab countries want no foreign involvement in their internal affairs & issues. Therefore, the USA & Israel all other foreign countries should respect their wishes & let the Arabs settle their own problems in their own countries in their own way.

Well, maybe we could at least show we care by just sending body bags.

georgephillip, et al,

The complicated way in which we got to Iraq, is going to be argued for as long as the Kennedy Assassination, and 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts live. The White House presented its case and our nation sent-out a called to arms.

Rocco...did the UNSC authorize the invasion of Iraq or did Saddam present a threat to Wall Street?
I'm guessing not too many Afghans got to vote on that SPA.
It's hardly surprising the solo superpower finds legalese to hide its occupations behind, but that doesn't soften the suffering of millions of innocent Muslim civilians or the amount of money Pentagon elites earn from their "service."
(COMMENT)

"legalese to hide its occupations behind"

It is what it is. It is how we do things in America.​

"suffering of millions of innocent Muslim civilians"

All war has consequences. Rarely is there a war in which the civilians don't suffer in one capacity or another.​

"the amount of money Pentagon elites earn from their "service."

At the end of the "Cold War" there was this thing cold the "Cold War Dividend." It allowed Congress to reduce the size of the Armed Forces and the defense budget accordingly; redirecting the those resources to other programs. The reduction was made possible by the skillful reduction in the combat support and combat service support activities, transferring those functions the the Guard and Reserve, while planning the contract out critical skills and service on an as needed basis. It was the Congressionally approved approach for the Pentagon.​

Most Respectfully,
R

georgephillip, et al,

The complicated way in which we got to Iraq, is going to be argued for as long as the Kennedy Assassination, and 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts live. The White House presented its case and our nation sent-out a called to arms.

Rocco...did the UNSC authorize the invasion of Iraq or did Saddam present a threat to Wall Street?
It's hardly surprising the solo superpower finds legalese to hide its occupations behind, but that doesn't soften the suffering of millions of innocent Muslim civilians or the amount of money Pentagon elites earn from their "service."
(COMMENT)

All war has consequences. Rarely is there a war in which the civilians don't suffer in one capacity or another.​

At the end of the "Cold War" there was this thing cold the "Cold War Dividend." It allowed Congress to reduce the size of the Armed Forces and the defense budget accordingly; redirecting the those resources to other programs. The reduction was made possible by the skillful reduction in the combat support and combat service support activities, transferring those functions the the Guard and Reserve, while planning the contract out critical skills and service on an as needed basis. It was the Congressionally approved approach for the Pentagon.​

Most Respectfully,
R
"Here, then, is the problem which we present to you, stark and dreadful and inescapable: Shall we put an end to the human race; or shall mankind renounce war?"

Einstein, Russell and other intellectual giants asked this question half-a-century ago.
What if it's Natural Selection (Upper Division)
Any specie that kills its young for money or glory is hardwired to self-destruct?
Possibly about the time its weapons begin leaving its planet's surface...

Russell-Einstein Manifesto

You speak as if there is never a need for war. As if war is always just evil & the antithesis of peace.

Well George, for your education, lets consider the facts. If not for war the USA would still be a British colony under British rule. If not for war, Hitler would have ruled the world. If not for war, Japan would not be our ally & trading partner. And if not for war, Jordan would not be living in peace from the Palesinians.

When all else has failed to establish peace, give war a chance.

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
"Here, then, is the problem which we present to you, stark and dreadful and inescapable: Shall we put an end to the human race; or shall mankind renounce war?"

Einstein, Russell and other intellectual giants asked this question half-a-century ago.
Any specie that kills its young for money or glory is hardwired to self-destruct?

"When all else has failed to establish peace, give war a chance"

"FROM WOUNDED KNEE TO LIBYA:

A CENTURY OF U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTIONS

When has any US government given peace a chance?
Not in any of our lifetimes.
How did Canada become free from Royal Whim?
Hitler would have been an actor without Wilson's Great War to save Morgan's loans.

There would be no need for war if peace we more profitable.

So tell us George, how does ANYONE or ANY NATION even begin to negotiate peace with an enemy who prefers death over life?

Hitler would have been an actor without Wilson's Great War to save Morgan's loans.

So tell us George, how does ANYONE or ANY NATION even begin to negotiate peace with an enemy who prefers death over life?

If you're confusing Islam with my enemy, tell me the percentage of Muslims "who prefers death over life?"

You speak as if there is never a need for war. As if war is always just evil & the antithesis of peace.

Well George, for your education, lets consider the facts. If not for war the USA would still be a British colony under British rule. If not for war, Hitler would have ruled the world. If not for war, Japan would not be our ally & trading partner. And if not for war, Jordan would not be living in peace from the Palesinians.

georgephillip, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

margy bear bares her teeth of war thus:

"When all else has failed to establish peace, give war a chance." she says

you are a master of war are you?

we jews owe our immodest survival to uncle joe stalin's red army not the fookin yanx and to hitlers mistakes in attacking the soviet union

u don't know enough to wage an intelligent war; that's the problem with USA until Obama's intelligence came as a blessed relief

but you are a war apologist rather than advocate or proponent, aincha? :eusa_shhh:

Off your meds again, eh kvetch?

we jews owe our immodest survival to uncle joe stalin's red army not the fookin yanx and to hitlers mistakes in attacking the soviet union

u don't know enough to wage an intelligent war; that's the problem with USA until Obama's intelligence came as a blessed relief

but you are a war apologist rather than advocate or proponent, aincha? :eusa_shhh:

Ah, Meshugenah Yenta, stop your kvetching and lighten up. Here, sing along with this German family.

A German Family, Friends of Israel, Singing Hatikva! | Israel Video Network

My oldest & best American friend since grade school is of full blooded German ethnicity. I was best man at his wedding in his family's Baptist church.

Ah, Meshugenah Yenta, stop your kvetching and lighten up. Here, sing along with this German family.

A German Family, Friends of Israel, Singing Hatikva! | Israel Video Network

Sooner or later Israel's enemies will realize that Israel WILL defend itself against enemy weapons being supplied by the terrorist organizations. The big question is how many enemies will Israel be forced to kill before they understand that?

Sooner or later Israel's enemies will realize that Israel WILL defend itself against enemy weapons being supplied by the terrorist organizations. The big question is how many enemies will Israel be forced to kill before they understand that?
"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.[1]"

I guess you're counting the UNHRC as one of Israel's enemies?

If you're confusing Islam with my enemy, tell me the percentage of Muslims "who prefers death over life?"

"my enemy"

i must of missed it: who is that ?

et al,

I'm confused again, please forgive me.

"The following is a list of United Nations resolutions that concern both Israel and Palestine and bordering states such as Lebanon. The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.[1]"

(COMMENT)

You don't have to go into detail, but give me a short list (thumbnail - sound bite) of UNHRC issues with Israel. Let's see if there is something there?

Most Respectfully,
R

et al,

I'm confused again, please forgive me.

(COMMENT)

You don't have to go into detail, but give me a short list (thumbnail - sound bite) of UNHRC issues with Israel. Let's see if there is something there?

Most Respectfully,
R
I sense that I will get into a lot of trouble delving into details of this matter with you, Rocco; however, why don't we take it from the top?

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UN Security Council
Resolution 42
Date: March 5 1948
Meeting no.: 263
Code: S/691 (Document)
Vote: For: 8 Abs.: 3 Against: 0
Subject: The Palestine question
Result: Adopted

"United Nations Security Council Resolution 42, adopted on March 5, 1948, called upon the permanent members of the Council to consult and inform it regarding the situation in Palestine and to make recommendations to the United Nations Palestine Commission. The Resolution also appealed to all governments and peoples, particularly those around Palestine to aid the situation in any way possible.

The resolution was adopted with eight votes to none and abstentions from Argentina, Syria and the United Kingdom.

Do you happen to know why the UK abstained from voting on this Resolution?

United Nations Security Council Resolution 42 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

georgephillip, et al,

I'm not sure that there is any hard data on how many Muslims have this "I want to be a martyr" syndrome.

"my enemy"

i must of missed it: who is that ?
It's not the 90% of Muslims who prefer life over death.
You?
(COMMENT)

But it is not like it is an unknown quantity. The The 19-year-old Tsarnaev kid from Boston called his brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev, a martyr.

Dr. Essam El-Erian said:
"I salute the steadfast people in all parts of Palestine. I greet you all on the anniversary of persistence in demanding the right of return (to Palestine) rather than compensation. I fully support you, and I pray to God to accept all the martyrs of Palestine in highest Heavens."

SOURCE: Erian on Nakba: Palestinian People Will Not Accept Humiliation; Will Inevitably Triumph - Ikhwanweb

I had to hunt for this one. It is, understandably, a rare image. But it hits several of the issues all at one.

child_suicide_bomber.jpg

2011 LINK ---> Martyrdom in Islam | Alisina.org

When mounting a total defensive posture, one must have a working knowledge of the enemy and the risk they will take to reach their objective. In the case of a suicide bomber, danger and risk of life are not valued the same as other culture. Death is merely the medium of exchange for martyrdom.

Most Respectfully,
R

georgephillip; et al,

(REFERENCE)

• LINK:
    Memorandum by His Britannic Majesty's Government presented in 1947 to the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine Published at Jerusalem, 1947 A/AC.14/8 of 2 October 1947

Separate SIDEBAR reference listed below in Palestinian quotation.

(DIALOG)

UNSC 42 is a conciliation requirement (nothing more); the topic of the conciliation: Prevent or Reduce disorder in Palestine.

et al,

I sense that I will get into a lot of trouble delving into details of this matter with you, Rocco; however, why don't we take it from the top?

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UN Security Council
Resolution 42
Date: March 5 1948
Meeting no.: 263
Code: S/691 (Document)
Vote: For: 8 Abs.: 3 Against: 0
Subject: The Palestine question
Result: Adopted

"United Nations Security Council Resolution 42, adopted on March 5, 1948, called upon the permanent members of the Council to consult and inform it regarding the situation in Palestine and to make recommendations to the United Nations Palestine Commission. The Resolution also appealed to all governments and peoples, particularly those around Palestine to aid the situation in any way possible.

The resolution was adopted with eight votes to none and abstentions from Argentina, Syria and the United Kingdom.

Do you happen to know why the UK abstained from voting on this Resolution?

United Nations Security Council Resolution 42 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(THE QUESTION)
  • Do you happen to know why the UK abstained from voting on this Resolution?
(PREFACE)

It starts 8 months prior when the (July '47) when His Majesty’s Foreign Secretary announces, in part, that "His Majesty’s government have of themselves no power, under the terms of the Mandate, to award the country either to the Arabs or to the Jews, or even to partition it between them." Faced with a dilemma, "We shall then ask the United Nations to consider our report, and to recommend a settlement of the problem. We do not intend ourselves to recommend any particular solution.”

Then, His Majesty’s government announces (Sept '47) that the UK accepts the recommendations by the United Nations Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP); BUT!, "Will Not Implement Policy Unacceptable by Both Arabs and Jews." This is also when His Majesty’s government formally states that the UK will plan for an early withdrawal of British forces and of the British Administration from Palestine.

Then come the GA Resolution 181(II) (Nov '47) which announces a Partition Plan, but does not require acceptance by both Arabs and Jews. GA Resolution 181(II) follows the UNSCOP Recommendations. Resolution 181(II) requests (but does not require) the Security Council take the necessary measures as provided for in the plan for its implementation.

(THE ANSWER)

The UK abstained because, as you can see, in the one case, it turned the matter over to the UN for resolution of the matter, and in the other case, it opposed the the mechanics of implementation (while accepting the concept). So it left the matter in the hands of the UNSC.

(CONFUSION)

A bindding resolution is a "command" or a "directive" to the member; or a concept/plan in which other members are enjoined to assist in the accomplishment of an objective. It is issued by the UN Security Council.

A non-binding resolution is legitimacy of a principle, concept, law, or program. It is like all those UNHRC Laws, International Laws, and alike, that people are so fond of quoting but ignoring. They state basic ideas that have been agreed upon by the membership. The UN Charter is one such document. The are issued by the General Assembly, or one of the major subordinate activities.

In the case of GA Resolution 181(II), it does not command or direct that either the Arab or Jew be apportioned anything specific. It is an "offer" of sovereignty under the territory of the Mandate. Either party had the opportunity to accept or reject. They were not "commanded" to accept or reject.

All the international laws and treaties are made this same way. Just as all the nations of the Middle East (except Saudi Arabia) were established this same way (from the Persian Gulf to the Mediterranean Sea). Even Egypt was a Protectorate of the UK before it was granted sovereignty.

There is this argument that because it wasn't approved by the UNSC, that GA Resolution 181(II) was not enacted or implemented. Oddly enough, this is the Israeli Position and not a Palestinian Position. The Palestinians see the dilemma of the argument and have recognized GA Resolution 181(II) as legitimate.

(Signed) Nasser AL-KIDWA said:
For the Palestinian side, and since the strategic decision to forge a peace on the basis of coexistence, resolution 181 (II) has become acceptable. The resolution provides the legal basis for the existence of both the Jewish and the Arab States in Mandated Palestine. According to the resolution, Jerusalem should become a corpus separatum, which the Palestinian side is willing to take into consideration and to reconcile with the Palestinian position that East Jerusalem is part of the Palestinian territory and the capital of the Palestinian State. The Palestinian side adheres to international legitimacy and respects General Assembly resolution 181 (II), as well as Security Council resolution 242 (1967), the implementation of which is the aim of the current Middle East peace process.

A/53/879
S/1999/334
25 March 1999

SOURCE: http://unispal.un.org/unispal.nsf/9...c84892fbb9963ace052567450051ea88?OpenDocument

I hope I was able to answer your question.

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:

Forum List

Back