*No Islamic Law In OK*!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chesswarsnow, Nov 3, 2010.

?

*Should ALL *50* States Vote On This Measure*?

Poll closed Nov 3, 2011.
  1. *YES WE CAN*!!!!!!

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. *NO: I HATE USA: SO LETS NOT*!!!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. Oklahomans voted in a measure to forbid judges from considering international law or Islamic law when deciding cases, which shows some guts by the people of Oklahoma.
    2. We should follow suit here in *TEXAS*!
    3. Lets keep islamic law totally out of America!
    4. Lets go a step farther and keeps muslims out of America!!!!!
    5. Link and sample:Voters ban judges from using international law | NewsOK.com

"Republican Rex Duncan, the sponsor of the measure, called it a "pre-emptive strike" designed to close the door on activist judges "legislating from the bench or using international law or Sharia law."

Members of the Muslim community called the question an attack on Islam and some of them said they are prepared to file a lawsuit challenging the measure."

6. Its time America stands up for itself, and it warms he dear sweet heart to know its started in Oklahoma USA!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. Tank

Tank Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,921
    It's weird that had to be voted on

3. Yank

Yank Independent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The vote was totally unnecessary. Sharia law could NEVER be implemented in the US because it would violate the Constitution flagrantly (see 1st Amendment).

BTW, I find your statement of "Lets go a step farther and keeps muslims out of America!!!!!" utterly reprehensible and misguided. All persons, no matter what religion, are allowed freedom of practice here under the 1st Amendment. Not all Muslim are extremists who hate America.

An article from the obviously apolitical Library of Congress showing the Founding Fathers tolerated the Muslim faith:

The Founding Fathers and Islam (May 2002) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin

Although the times have changed since then, this notion that all Muslims should be thrown out of America and forbidden to enter is an abrogation of human rights in the highest sense of the world, and against fundamental American nature.

4. chesswarsnow

chesswarsnow "SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +638
    Sorry bout that,

1. But not mine.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas

5. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I'm going to propose a ballet initiative banning french speaking green spotted lizard people with orange testicles from taking over the state of Nebraska, seceding, and declaring their flesh eating half chicken half alligator swamp god emperor for life.

Then I'm going to ask the christian broadcasting network and the American Center for Law and Justice to spend millions of dollars campaigning for it after I tell them that their chicken-lizard god's name is Allah.

6. Yank

Yank Independent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    @chesswarsnow

Are you implying that you have the right to say that all Muslims should be thrown out of the USA and prevented from entering? (sorry, your post is ambiguous)

Yes, you have that fundamental right to free speech; but that most certainly does not make it MORALLY right at all.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your post.

7. fyrenza

fyrenza Ariel Looney Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +378
    Mang, I was SO expecting a Mod to steal my post of HOURS ago...

You? I TOTALLY forgive! ;)

p.s. But I was looking forward to a War Of The Words! (Yes, I DID mean Words, rather than Worlds)

8. fyrenza

fyrenza Ariel Looney Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +378
    And THERE's the Rub:

It was a referendum against INTERNATIONAL LAW.

Gee. Guess you're a muslim apologist,

and P. fucking S. It SHOWS.

Want to live in a muslim nation? I'll BEG on street corners to get you there. ONE WAY ticket to your "liberal" DREAM culture.

Write to us, IF that's allowed. I WON't lift a finger to get you back, however.

9. Gentle Storm

Gentle Storm Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I think we should go back about a hundred years in the wording of the oath of allegiance to become a citizen in America.

And in that oath of allegiance they should denounce any belief that requires killing of infidels or putting them in a class system

But I guess it wouldn't do any good since it's acceptable to lie as long as it furthers Islam.

10. Yank

Yank Independent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5

1.) Not a liberal. At all. Independent here.

2.) How am I a Muslim apologist? I clearly stated that sharia could not already be used as the basis for law in the country because it clearly violates the Constitution in my first post in the topic. Thus, the vote was unnecessary.

By extension, this would include international law, because the Constitution is the sole law of the land. Again, logic dictates the vote was unnecessary.

In the post you quoted I was denouncing how he wanted to prevent Muslims from living in or coming to the US. In that quote I never stated that sharia should be applied in the USA; I only stated it was unjust for them to be FORCEDLY booted out of the country, a flagrant violation of human rights. BTW, human rights is not code for international law, I meant the basic human rights enshrined in the AMERICAN CONSTITUTION.

All I was condemning was the immorality of his speech, not the legality of it.

I don't know how allowing Muslims to live in America turns us into an Islamic state or makes me a radical apologist for them.

Your arguments should probably have more basis in fact than second-grade level name calling next time.