No Evidence

no it won't it will cool faster. the ice cube will cause the heat from the coffee to emit more heat flows to cold. the colder the quicker it cools. you should read up. Darwin's law or something.

I will do the experiment tonight. It is easy to confirm.
Right. No need to do an experiment. I misspoke. I meant to say the bold faced changes:

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool faster. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even faster. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.​

The radiating ice cubes block the room temperature emissions at 400 W/m² and replace them with even lower emissions from the ice cubes at 300 W/m².

and did what exactly?

Was absorbed.

did it warm anything?

Depends.

And again, I asked a few posts back, have any observed data that shows the ice cube radiated?

View attachment 232661

Plug in the data for the particular cube if you're interested in finding how much power
the ice cube radiates.
Plug in the data for the particular cube if you're interested in finding how much power
the ice cube radiates

one can't measure it? Observe it?

If you wanted to confirm the number you get from the formula.....feel free.
I know I won't confirm the formula, because there won't be any reading on a test set. Cause no one has shown that one can measure the output of an ice cube.

I know I won't confirm the formula, because there won't be any reading on a test set.

Radiation from an ice cube is somehow undetectable? Or is it non-existent?

Cause no one has shown that one can measure the output of an ice cube.

Link?
well I have been in here for quite some time and no one has ever shown radiation off of an ice cube. You all tried with a Popsicle once, but that was blown up. So sure, post a link with someone measuring radiation off an ice cube.

Link?
you want me to post a link that doesn't exist? hmmmm you post the one that does exist.

Link?
you want me to post a link that doesn't exist?

You don't have a link that says no one can measure radiation emitted by ice?
Then how did you come to that conclusion?

One of the more compelling pieces of evidence that AGW is a big scam...

Gore refused to take the Personal Energy Ethics Pledge in 2007:

As a believer:
· that human-caused global warming is a moral, ethical, and spiritual issue affecting our survival;
· that home energy use is a key component of overall energy use;
· that reducing my fossil fuel-based home energy usage will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions; and
· that leaders on moral issues should lead by example;

I pledge to consume no more energy for use in my residence than the average American household by March 21, 2008.”

<b>GORE REFUSES TO TAKE PERSONAL ENERGY ETHICS PLEDGE</b>

the photons you need to heat warm water are not a usable energy if they come from a cooler object.
Of course ice cube energy is not usable with only hot objects around. It violates the 2nd law. However it still radiates around 300 W/m². What is your point?
Of course ice cube energy is not usable with only hot objects around.
My point is that it has been used by you and your buddies over and over again to do just that.
Absolutely never. You and your buddies misunderstood the physics.

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool slower. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even slower. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.
no it won't, it will cool faster. the ice cube will cause the heat from the coffee to emit more heat flows to cold. the colder the quicker it cools. you should read up. Darwin's law or something.

I would bet you’re right

the photons you need to heat warm water are not a usable energy if they come from a cooler object.
Of course ice cube energy is not usable with only hot objects around. It violates the 2nd law. However it still radiates around 300 W/m². What is your point?
Of course ice cube energy is not usable with only hot objects around.
My point is that it has been used by you and your buddies over and over again to do just that.
Absolutely never. You and your buddies misunderstood the physics.

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool slower. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even slower. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.
Do you realize what you are saying here?...::
According to you the coffee sheds heat by radiation faster if it has radiate into warm air and the more ice cubes are surrounding it the slower it cools.....and you say that is based on the Stefan Boltzmann equation!!! Imagine if I would say that how your buddies would dogpile me. I could really shred you to bits with that, but I won`t because unlike your buddies you have been relatively civil and I let it pass as a momentary glitch. Maybe your TV volume was too high and Dom Lemon or Cuomo were on while you were typing that.

According to you the coffee sheds heat by radiation faster if it has radiate into warm air and the more ice cubes are surrounding it the slower it cools.....and you say that is based on the Stefan Boltzmann equation!!! Imagine if I would say that how your buddies would dogpile me. I could really shred you to bits with that, but I won`t because unlike your buddies you have been relatively civil and I let it pass as a momentary glitch. Maybe your TV volume was too high and Dom Lemon or Cuomo were on while you were typing that.
Read post #541 above. I needed a nap when I posted the misprint. I had to look up Lemon and Cuomo. I never watch CNN - too much fluff.
But I hope you understand that nobody in their right mind would actually believe that radiation from a cold object would actually heat a warmer object. A lot of the less science inclined here could not digest the meaning of what was being said about two way radiation.

the ice cube radiates

one can't measure it? Observe it?

I know I won't confirm the formula, because there won't be any reading on a test set. Cause no one has shown that one can measure the output of an ice cube.

I know I won't confirm the formula, because there won't be any reading on a test set.

Link?
well I have been in here for quite some time and no one has ever shown radiation off of an ice cube. You all tried with a Popsicle once, but that was blown up. So sure, post a link with someone measuring radiation off an ice cube.

Link?
you want me to post a link that doesn't exist? hmmmm you post the one that does exist.

Link?

you have one? If I can't find one, means there isn't one that I have found. did you read what I wrote? you want me to provide you with something that I don't think exists since I can't find any. So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

Read post #541 above. I needed a nap when I posted the misprint. I had to look up Lemon and Cuomo. I never watch CNN - too much fluff.
But I hope you understand that nobody in their right mind would actually believe that radiation from a cold object would actually heat a warmer object. A lot of the less science inclined here could not digest the meaning of what was being said about two way radiation.
well technically, you didn't really say that, you said it would slow down the escape rate of the heat from the coffee. BTW, I didn't get to the experiment last evening. Will try tomorrow, I have plans tonight.

So the heat that radiates from the cooler ice cube to the warmer coffee must be smart heat and here's why. Say the ice is 32F and the coffee is 120F, say 1F travels from the ice to the coffee, wouldn't that cause the ice to drop to 31 and coffee to rise to 121? Surely, this must be "smart heat" that realizes its traveling from a cooler gradient and simply lacks the mojo to lower the temp of the and raise the coffee temperature. So that's why we never observe cooler lower and heat increasing

no it won't it will cool faster. the ice cube will cause the heat from the coffee to emit more heat flows to cold. the colder the quicker it cools. you should read up. Darwin's law or something.

Right. No need to do an experiment. I misspoke. I meant to say the bold faced changes:

Hot coffee in a room at room temperature will cool. Hot coffee in the same room but with ice cubes close by will cool faster. Hot coffee surrounded by even more ice cubes will cool even faster. That is the effect of radiating ice cubes.​

The radiating ice cubes block the room temperature emissions at 400 W/m² and replace them with even lower emissions from the ice cubes at 300 W/m².
so, if you agree that cold ice will cause the hot coffee to cool faster, how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right? so where is the greenhouse roof in the atmosphere?

Link?

Link?

Link?

you have one? If I can't find one, means there isn't one that I have found. did you read what I wrote? you want me to provide you with something that I don't think exists since I can't find any. So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

you have one?

No, I don't have a link that backs up your erroneous claim.

So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

Did you not understand the formula? Ice will radiate at the hot cup, but the hot cup radiates more.
That means the ice warms and the cup cools. It's simple math. I understand why that confuses you.

so, if you agree that cold ice will cause the hot coffee to cool faster, how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right? so where is the greenhouse roof in the atmosphere?

how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right?

Which is cooler, our atmosphere or the vacuum of space?

Link?

Link?

Link?

you have one?

So please, walk up to the Bar and post that link that Ice will radiate at the hot cup of coffee and make it warmer.

Did you not understand the formula? Ice will radiate at the hot cup, but the hot cup radiates more.
That means the ice warms and the cup cools. It's simple math. I understand why that confuses you.
so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee? just as I stated.

Link?

Link?

Link?

you have one?

so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee? just as I stated.

so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee?

upload_2018-12-6_10-40-28.png

how can the atmosphere that is cooler than the surface warm the surface? you have just agreed that the cooler will in fact cause warm to cool faster. Right?

which is cooler the atmosphere or the surface?

Link?

Link?

you have one?

so you have nothing that shows the ice emitting to the coffee?

View attachment 233104
that isn't observed. so I'm waiting.

which is cooler the atmosphere or the surface?

Usually the atmosphere is cooler.

Forum List

Back