No blue and gold F/A-18s screaming through the skies as of March 1 onward?

emptystep

VIP Member
Jul 17, 2012
Congressional Budget Inaction May Kill 'Angels' - US News and World Report
Bad news, air show fans: If sequestration goes through, no more Blue Angels in the second half of 2013.

Sequestration would force the Navy to cut all funding to the aerial demonstration squadron for the third and fourth quarters of 2013, according to a brief from Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Jonathan Greenert, obtained by U.S. News. It depicts the prospective cuts to Navy programs if Congress does not pass a FY13 budget, or if sequestration takes place.

That means no blue and gold F/A-18s screaming through the skies as of March 1 onward.
To prepare for the potential cuts, get your fix here:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-yQV6CuROo&feature=player_embedded#]2011 Blue Angels Homecoming Airshow - US Navy Blue Angels - YouTube[/ame]!

In 2010 they started to scream over Lynchburg, Va but apparently miscalculated their altitude and aborted the maneuver and cancelled for the rest of the year. Apparently there was some leadership problems that they needed to resolve. Personally I think they are pressured to push the envelope too close and using pilots from different branches of the Service only jeopardizes the operation. I think they should retire the unit gracefully.

In 2010 they started to scream over Lynchburg, Va but apparently miscalculated their altitude and aborted the maneuver and cancelled for the rest of the year. Apparently there was some leadership problems that they needed to resolve. Personally I think they are pressured to push the envelope too close and using pilots from different branches of the Service only jeopardizes the operation. I think they should retire the unit gracefully.

I see it either way. It is symbolic in ways. It was that team that played follow the leader with three pilots into a ridge I seem to remember. Are they vital to the mission? Probably not. Are they worth having? I would like to think so but see it either way.

I used to live in Pensacola, Florida the home of the Blue Angels.

My house was right off Blue Angel Blvd and next to the back gate of Pensacola Naval Air Station.

The Blue Angels were always zooming over my house during their practice session.

My youngest son went to Blue Angel Elementary School.

And every year the Blue Angels staged a special air show at the naval station for the local people..

So needless to say; the Blue Angels are an extremely important part of the life and culture of Pensacola.

Last edited:
I used to live in Pensacola, Florida the home of the Blue Angels.

My house was right off Blue Angel Blvd and next to the back gate of Pensacola Naval Air Station.

The Blue Angels were always zooming over my house during their practice session.

My youngest son went to Blue Angel Elementary School.

And every year the Blue Angels staged a special air show at the naval station for the local people..

So needless to say; the Blue Angels are an extremely important part of the life and culture of Pensacola.

Pretty cool to have a free Angels show in your back yard. We occasionally get a fly over near Lexington Va. by two fighter jets always flying west to east and I always give them a hooah. I understand Military tradition but if the life and culture of Pensacola is dependent on the whim of the Obama administration you are in trouble whether or not the Angels are grounded.

Forum List

Back