NJ Dem Proposes.....Bicycle Tax?

The whole reason that the government can require fees as well as regulate features in vehicles is that they use public roads, and thus if you want to use said roads, you have to follow said regulations.

Going by this reason, what is the real difference between bikes and cars? Both are vehicles, and both when used to commute/travel use public roads. By logic the state can require certain features on the bikes, just as the cars, and can require thier registration/inspection to assure that the rules are followed.

I would, howver, say having to register bikes used by kids, or bikes for recreation, such as in parks, or on non roadways is pretty stupid.

Stick with that last part. ;) Ticketing not wearing a helmet, unsafe riders, or for traffic infractions, unsafe bike, go for it.

The issue is that when it comes to cars, since you need to carry your license with you when driving, the police automatically can ID you for your infraction.

Being on a bike is different. We dont need to carry ID with us when just walking around biking, and any attempts to force a sort of national ID have always been met with resistance. Making bike registration mandatory is kind of an end run around it, as the bike has to be registered to someone, and that person can then get the ticket without forcing bikers to start trying to get a "biking licsence"

In most states if the police are issuing a citation they can detain you until they are satisfied that they have properly identified you. That means they can stick you in the back of a car and drive you down to the police station, and have you post bail, even for a traffic ticket.

It's about god damned time! I'm sick of being the only one who gets nailed at the pump to fill up my truck. Those hippy bike riding fools should pay up to use our public infrastructure. Municipalities are paying millions of dollars to install bike lanes all over the place so these IDIOTS don't get run over while riding back stoned from their drum circle. Tax those 2-wheel menaces at 30% and send a check to me.

Damned if we don't agree on something. I am tired of having their asses in my way and on the highways and streets I pay a hundred fees & taxes for!!! Stick their sorry asses on the sidewalks & make them license those tin pieces of garbage.

I have to admit I have run their sorry asses off into ditches when they have grinned and blocked the road in front of me, and I left them hugging cement curbs on the streets. These assholes think the road, the entire fucking road belongs to them. Well I straighten out their fuzzy thinking. Here are some of those bastards taking up the roads I pay for. I think a $500. license fee is appropriate for my aggravation and no one under 18 can ride a bike on a street or road or freeway, etc.

images

Last edited:

Forum List

Back