Nine year old to GOOD to play baseball

Yea another great response from some parents that can't take this kid has a ton of talent. Hmmmmm how to fix that? I dont know. How about move the kid up to a higher level or just let the kid play? Maybe, just maybe, he will make all those other kids better!
I thought this was America where people who worked hard and were good at different things got rewarded, not punished?:eusa_eh:

I've been watching this story on CNN today, and have found out a couple of things.....First, the team that has been the league champions for the past 3 years are very well connected in the community, and they haven't won a single game against this little dude. They are stating "safety concerns", but, the interesting thing is, this young man has NEVER hit a batter, although there are other boys in the league who throw just as fast, and HAVE hit batters.

Personally? I think that this is just a sneaky, underhanded way for them to get the team to drop out, so that they can win the championship again. I would like to see charges of collaboration and collusion brought up against everyone that has voted to send this young man home.

I also think that offering to let him play a position other than pitcher was pretty weak also.

I've been watching this story on CNN today, and have found out a couple of things.....First, the team that has been the league champions for the past 3 years are very well connected in the community, and they haven't won a single game against this little dude. They are stating "safety concerns", but, the interesting thing is, this young man has NEVER hit a batter, although there are other boys in the league who throw just as fast, and HAVE hit batters.

Personally? I think that this is just a sneaky, underhanded way for them to get the team to drop out, so that they can win the championship again. I would like to see charges of collaboration and collusion brought up against everyone that has voted to send this young man home.

I also think that offering to let him play a position other than pitcher was pretty weak also.

Yea my point is if he is truly that good then move him to a higher level. It happens now and then. I just don't see how this is the right way to do this! Its damn weak when people in our country will do anything, even in little league, to win! I would hope for my son to play against a player of that level! In the end it would make my son a better ball player!

I still can't decide, the story is all over the place. The latest is that he's been banned from playing in the 8 to 10 year old division because of his fast pitch.

Is that a legitimate reason to ban him...could he hurt some other kid with a pitch of 40 mph? Is the kid on steroids or is it normal to have this kind of arm in one so young?

If he's really good this will only help him, in the long run.

I too saw this on Yahoo today and was shocked and dismayed at the "solution" the citizens of that community adopted.

Moving the lad to a different league is not my idea of a solution as it brings it's own set of problems, IE: outsider, loss of indentity and loss of team support from his friends.

In the early '70's our shop enjoyed an exceptional pitcher (softball) that had a combination of speed and control that was extraordinary. The catcher had to put extra padding in the mitt because he couldn't stand the pain. It's true. Anyway, no one ever got a hit, some batters were lucky to get a foul or a tip. The officials to make the intermural league relevant for all teams decided that our pitcher would only pitch three innings, (not sure which three) and that put everything back into balance. Our man was over forty too. He would call the pitch, up and away or down and in or straight down the middle. It was awesome to watch. The rest of the team started to sit down in the field to intimidate the opposition but the Ump's wouldn't have any of that. Bergstrom AFB, Texas was the place.

Last edited:
Yea another great response from some parents that can't take this kid has a ton of talent. Hmmmmm how to fix that? I dont know. How about move the kid up to a higher level or just let the kid play? Maybe, just maybe, he will make all those other kids better!
I thought this was America where people who worked hard and were good at different things got rewarded, not punished?:eusa_eh:

see our tax structure & you will see hard work being punished.....

Forum List

Back