Nikki Haley reveals Tillerson, Kelly privately discussed resisting Trump: ‘It was offensive’

She's positioning herself to take Mike Pences place.

Haley knows Trump isn't fit for the job. Her problem is, once she makes moves to become a candidate, she's going to get exposed.

I kinda like her (politics aside)--she's got strong leadership abilities and she does speak her mind, but when I read the OP the first thing I thought, too, is ....
she's campaigning.
I do believe she will be President one day. Let's see if I'm right.

I despise her. If giving succor to "deep state" conspiracy crackpots and linking your political fate to a wannabe autocrat is "leadership", I can do without that.

And no, chances are the party of racism and misogyny will not make an ill-colored woman the top dog. So, her play may be smart, in the sleaziest way possible, but I doubt she'll ever make it to the presidency. If she does, she's bad news for many of the same reasons Trump was bad news. Throwing Tillerson and Kelly to the sharks should give you an early indication as to her ruthlessness in pursuit of power for power's sake. A path to something better, more decent, for the U.S. she is not.

Right. Kelly and Tillerson won't be involved in future politics in any significant way, making it risk-free to dump on them. It showcased her supposed loyalty to Trump, while actually dumping on Trump. It was clever, in a negative way.
And :ahole-1:, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT AN AMBASSADOR IS SUPPOSED TO DO....FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND LEAD OF AN ELECTED PRESIDENT....and SERVE at the PLEASURE of the DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT....You subversive, Anti-Americans of the left need to be permanently dispatched before your IDEAS do permanent damage to our Republic....pathetic commie bastard!

Dude! It's nothing to do with the left. Nikki Haley, a Republican, says the former Chief-of-Staff and former Secretary of State thought they had to save the nation from the danger that is Trump. There wasn't a "leftist" anywhere near there.

It is food for thought. Kelly and Tillerson both rose to the top of their respective fields, without a string of bankruptcies, lawsuits and fraud settlements. Kelly, in particular, probably worked more closely with Trump than anyone else, at the time. His opinion - if Haley represented it honestly - should concern you.

Haley knows Trump isn't fit for the job. Her problem is, once she makes moves to become a candidate, she's going to get exposed.

Haley also wants you to know Kelly and Tillerson thought Trump wasn't fit for the job. Her 'loyalty' to Trump is a backhand to his face.

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley blasted former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, recalling a private conversation where they defended resisting President Trump, telling her they did so out of necessity. […]

Haley said that the two men “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country” and how “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because, if he didn’t, people would die….”

Haley, however, was not impressed.

“It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing,’” Haley told O’Donnell. “But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.” …

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

You don't accept what we say, we will get you impeached....seems like billionaires and generals seem to think that they are UNELECTED PRESIDENTS.....so many in the DEEP STATE, Trump should have brought in all his staff from various hotels and golf courses and he along with the country would have been better served!!!!!

------------

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley blasted former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, recalling a private conversation where they defended resisting President Trump, telling her they did so out of necessity. […]

Haley said that the two men “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country” and how “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because, if he didn’t, people would die….”

Haley, however, was not impressed.

“It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing,’” Haley told O’Donnell. “But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.” …

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Nikki Haley is offensive. There are no greater warmongers.

I suspect she is just playing to the Trump supporters with this comment.

Seems to me the Obomanation. Started how many wars and was a war monger as zTrump has been getting us out of them....
Obama: more war than peace
Jan 18, 2017 · Obama has handed down to Trump more theaters of war than he inherited ... Obama is receiving glowing tributes from many Democrats and

I used to be pretty dismissive of Haleys competence after she fumbled the CBF controversy, but she is ringing true as a loyal American. Sometimes life's little surprizes are good ones.

Nikki Haley: Tillerson, Kelly Tried to Recruit Me to ‘Save the Country’ by Undermining Trump | Breitbart

During this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” it was revealed that former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said in her book “With All Due Respect” that then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

Haley said, “It absolutely happened. And instead of saying that to me, they should’ve been saying that to the president, not asking me to join them on their sidebar plan. It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing.’ But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.”​

Kudoes to the LAdy!
Kelly and tillerman were hand picked by tRump. They are not "deep state" operatives (whatever that means).

It's much more likely they were trying to protect tRump from himself, so he didn't end up committing a crime and getting impeached because there was no one to tell him "no".

Oh, wait....

Like I previously stated. They failed to temper their egos and deluded themselves that they were the smartest guys in the room instead of honestly serving their President.
They discovered he was an incompetent boob and tried to restrain him for his own good.

They knew what Trump's policies were before they took the job.
If they didn't, then they must have been blind, deaf, and dumb like Democrats and you!!
tRump "only picks the best people".

Lol

Anothervasshole Anti-Americsn...Nikki is no longer involved in anything with this administration...talking out your ass...again and still!

It is food for thought. Kelly and Tillerson both rose to the top of their respective fields, without a string of bankruptcies, lawsuits and fraud settlements. Kelly, in particular, probably worked more closely with Trump than anyone else, at the time. His opinion - if Haley represented it honestly - should concern you.

Yep, but lacking in subservience to the Dear Leader trumps it all, and you have nothing but the Constitution and the nation's best interests to field. You really should, by now, know a losing argument when you see it.

I kinda like her (politics aside)--she's got strong leadership abilities and she does speak her mind, but when I read the OP the first thing I thought, too, is ....
she's campaigning.

I despise her. If giving succor to "deep state" conspiracy crackpots and linking your political fate to a wannabe autocrat is "leadership", I can do without that.

And no, chances are the party of racism and misogyny will not make an ill-colored woman the top dog. So, her play may be smart, in the sleaziest way possible, but I doubt she'll ever make it to the presidency. If she does, she's bad news for many of the same reasons Trump was bad news. Throwing Tillerson and Kelly to the sharks should give you an early indication as to her ruthlessness in pursuit of power for power's sake. A path to something better, more decent, for the U.S. she is not.

Right. Kelly and Tillerson won't be involved in future politics in any significant way, making it risk-free to dump on them. It showcased her supposed loyalty to Trump, while actually dumping on Trump. It was clever, in a negative way.
And :ahole-1:, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT AN AMBASSADOR IS SUPPOSED TO DO....FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND LEAD OF AN ELECTED PRESIDENT....and SERVE at the PLEASURE of the DULY ELECTED PRESIDENT....You subversive, Anti-Americans of the left need to be permanently dispatched before your IDEAS do permanent damage to our Republic....pathetic commie bastard!

Dude! It's nothing to do with the left. Nikki Haley, a Republican, says the former Chief-of-Staff and former Secretary of State thought they had to save the nation from the danger that is Trump. There wasn't a "leftist" anywhere near there.

There IS NO DANGER THAT IS TRUMP...HE IS ACTUALLY WITHDRAWING US FROM OBOMANATION STARTED AND CONTINUED FOR 8 YEARS OF HIS TERM IN OFFICE WARS....SO SICK OF LEFTIST LIES!

Now we know why Trump threw them out...

What we know is the two people Trump hired to the two highest levels to work both thought he was unfit to to do the job.

Trump hand picked these two and they aren't the only ones which failed on Trump. Trump was supposed to make a name for himself as a guy who can pick the right people for a job, fails a lot of times... The WH has worse turnover than a temp agency...

They try and say there is this deep state.. If the deep state did exist Trump should ask them about staff retention...

I used to be pretty dismissive of Haleys competence after she fumbled the CBF controversy, but she is ringing true as a loyal American. Sometimes life's little surprizes are good ones.

Nikki Haley: Tillerson, Kelly Tried to Recruit Me to ‘Save the Country’ by Undermining Trump | Breitbart

During this week’s broadcast of “CBS Sunday Morning,” it was revealed that former Trump administration U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said in her book “With All Due Respect” that then-White House Chief of Staff John Kelly and then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson “confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country.”

Reading from Haley’s book, Norah O’Donnell asked, “Tillerson went on to tell me the reason he resisted the president’s decisions was because if he didn’t, people would die. Do you memorialize that conversation? It definitely happened?”

Haley said, “It absolutely happened. And instead of saying that to me, they should’ve been saying that to the president, not asking me to join them on their sidebar plan. It should’ve been, ‘Go tell the president what your differences are, and quit if you don’t like what he’s doing.’ But to undermine a president is really a very dangerous thing. And it goes against the Constitution, and it goes against what the American people want. And it was offensive.”​

Kudoes to the LAdy!
Kelly and tillerman were hand picked by tRump. They are not "deep state" operatives (whatever that means).

It's much more likely they were trying to protect tRump from himself, so he didn't end up committing a crime and getting impeached because there was no one to tell him "no".

Oh, wait....

Like I previously stated. They failed to temper their egos and deluded themselves that they were the smartest guys in the room instead of honestly serving their President.
They discovered he was an incompetent boob and tried to restrain him for his own good.

If they didn't, then they must have been blind, deaf, and dumb like Democrats and you!!

Lol
He tries, but when DemonRATS want nothing but wars and keeping minorities on government handouts. And there is only a small field of people to pick on, even, like Tillerson as an outsider was aligned with the Deep State...who would have known...now child any other stupid remarks to parrot DEEP STATE talking points?

she's campaigning.

There IS NO DANGER THAT IS TRUMP...HE IS ACTUALLY WITHDRAWING US FROM OBOMANATION STARTED AND CONTINUED FOR 8 YEARS OF HIS TERM IN OFFICE WARS....SO SICK OF LEFTIST LIES!

'Obamanation' doesn't enter into Haley reporting that Tillerson and Kelly thought Trump was a danger to the US. Try to focus. Haley, Tillerson, Kelly - not a leftist in the bunch.

Oh, wait....

Lol
He tries, but when DemonRATS want nothing but wars and keeping minorities on government handouts. And there is only a small field of people to pick on, even, like Tillerson as an outsider was aligned with the Deep State...who would have known...now child any other stupid remarks to parrot DEEP STATE talking points?

It's Democrats' fault that Trump picks the wrong people? Damn!

'Obamanation' doesn't enter into Haley reporting that Tillerson and Kelly thought Trump was a danger to the US. Try to focus. Haley, Tillerson, Kelly - not a leftist in the bunch.
2 PEOPLE out of how many in the inner administration?...Even YOU seem to think that UNELECTED OPINION TRUMPS(LOLOL) Trumps opinion and leadership....need of a list of his accomplishments....agsin?

Oh, wait....

Lol
LMAO!!

You completely un-ironically said "deep state talking points"!!

And you probably don't even understand why that's so damn funny.

Lol

That's what they would have us believing.

Cheeto Jesus can do no wrong.

Lol

When a NON POLITICIAN takes over and has an AG immediately walk in to try and impeach him as emails have shown....his problem was he thought everyone was working for America DemonRATS have been proven they were NOT!

2 PEOPLE out of how many in the inner administration?...Even YOU seem to think that UNELECTED OPINION TRUMPS(LOLOL) Trumps opinion and leadership....need of a list of his accomplishments....agsin?

Two people Haley felt safe dumping on, because they're no longer there. Not me, not leftists, not any of your other fantasies.

Lol

That's what they would have us believing.

Cheeto Jesus can do no wrong.
I have no time right now to bitch slap, a bitch. Perhaps tonight Creepy Toes!

Brilliant move by Nikki Haley -- now she has set herself up perfectly to take over the reign of republican base sycophancy.....Someone has to do it after the Trump years are over....

Lol

When a NON POLITICIAN takes over and has an AG immediately walk in to try and impeach him as emails have shown....his problem was he thought everyone was working for America DemonRATS have been proven they were NOT!
tRumps attorney general tried to impeach him?

Do tell.

Forum List

Back