Nike pulls Hyperdunk ads amid criticism

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
July 26, 2008: 10:43 AM EDT

BEAVERTON, ORE. (AP) -- Nike said Friday it would pull its ads for its Hyperdunk basketball shoes, responding to criticism that they fed homophobic views.

Nike previously defended the ads, but said it would withdraw them as quickly as possible "to underline our ongoing commitment to supporting diversity in sport and the workplace," The Oregonian reported.

more ... Nike pulls Hyperdunk ads amid criticism - Jul. 26, 2008

The crotch of the player dunking was planted firmly in the other player's face. The ad sported a large tag line: "That Ain't Right." Earlier, Nike had said the ads were "based purely upon a common insight from within the game of basketball -- the athletic feat of dunking on the opposition, and is not intended to be offensive."

But it's true, "That ain't right!"

Who wants some guy or gals sweaty crotch in their face while playing ball?

Or any other time for that matter! :lol:

But it's true, "That ain't right!"

Who wants some guy or gals sweaty crotch in their face while playing ball?

Or any other time for that matter! :lol:

Nobody, but it inadvertently happens. If somebody's that homophobic about it, perhaps they need to take up golf or some other noncontact game.

Yep is you might offend one gay, you better not say it, or you will be strung up by your balls!

That was my whole point!

WHERE in the heck does it insult gays?

My fiancee plays basketball and gets all hot and sweaty, with men all over him during the game. It's kind of a turn on! :eusa_drool:

I am about as gay friendly as they come (no pun intended) so that's why I didn't get why they pulled that ad!

I'm sorry, but that's over the top politicial correctness imo.

I'm desperately trying to find a place that still has a pair in size 13

nike81.jpg

Forum List

Back