NFL week 1

Cowboys started out looking great, but they sure have beat themselves up a lot since that opening drive.

And let's hope that continues in the second half.

:cheers2:

Immie

No............ That's my boys......

There are no teams that I dislike right now as much as I dislike the Cowboys. If they never won another game, I would be thrilled to death at least as long as Jones owns them. I liked them until he came along and fired Tom Landry. That and the fact that they called themselves "America's Team". Arrogant is what they are.

Immie

Immie

There are no teams that I dislike right now as much as I dislike the Cowboys. If they never won another game, I would be thrilled to death at least as long as Jones owns them. I liked them until he came along and fired Tom Landry. That and the fact that they called themselves "America's Team". Arrogant is what they are.

Immie

Jones... What a disgusting old reptile.

Actually, pretty much everything about that franchise turns me off. But video of pissed off JJ is probably the highlight of any Cowgirl game for me.

Immie

Immie

Yes but that pales in comparison to the sub-human slime that is Vick. I've always hated DAL but I'd root for them over PHI any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Romo is the most overrated QB in NFL history. What does he have on his resumé besides dating Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood?

Jets steal one from the Cowboys

Cowboy fumble inside the five, Jet TD off a blocked punt, Cowboy interception, Jet 50 yd FG

Immie

Yes but that pales in comparison to the sub-human slime that is Vick. I've always hated DAL but I'd root for them over PHI any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I understand why you might not like Vick. I don't have the animosity against him that many dog-lovers (I am only guessing that is what you have against him) have for him. I think what he did was wrong and I would never do anything cruel to animals like he did, but I am not a "dog-lover".

I think Vick is one of the best QB's in the game now and among the greatest ever.

I would not mind having him on one of my teams... namely the Raiders.

Immie

The Packers still got it taking out a playoff team.

The Falcons are nothing without Vick & The Colts are nothing without Manning.

The Eagles kicked ass & the Buccaneer's got beat by the worthless Lions.

The upset of the day was the Redskins pounding the Giants.

The comeback of the day was the Jets surging back in a whirlwind to beat Dallas 27-24 after being down 14 points.

Immie

I understand why you might not like Vick. I don't have the animosity against him that many dog-lovers (I am only guessing that is what you have against him) have for him. I think what he did was wrong and I would never do anything cruel to animals like he did, but I am not a "dog-lover".

I think Vick is one of the best QB's in the game now and among the greatest ever.

Immie

He's better now than he ever was, that's for damn sure.

The dog thing took some getting over... I don't think his involvement in the operation is what a lot of folks think it was, but it was reprehensible nonetheless... The truth of the matter is that he was a young thug with money. He got his 19-month dose of reality and by all accounts he's a changed man.

lol :rolleyes:

That's one of the most blatantly and laughably idiotic things I've ever heard sports-wise and suspect you're just trying to yank my chain. Whatever. But you're not alone in your pathetic spin doctoring trying to paint him as a great QB (11-24, yeah impressive) or qualifying as a human being when he didn't simply fund a dog fighting ring for a LONG time but got very much personally involved, even going out of his way to kill dogs who committed the crime of not fighting well enough - and not just kill them but in warped sadistic ways that would make the spanish inquisition envious and any sane human being nauseous. Gee what high standards you have.

Surprise.

Yeah that would fit.

Last edited:
lol :rolleyes:

That's one of the most blatantly and laughably idiotic things I've ever heard sports-wise and suspect you're just trying to yank my chain. Whatever. But you're not alone in your pathetic spin doctoring trying to paint him as a great QB (11-24, yeah impressive) or qualifying as a human being when he didn't simply fund a dog fighting ring for a LONG time but got very much personally involved, even going out of his way to kill dogs who committed the crime of not fighting well enough - and not just kill them but in warped sadistic ways that would make the spanish inquisition envious and any sane human being nauseous. Gee what high standards you have.

Based upon that post, I have to conclude that you haven't watched him play lately.

The comeback of the day was the Jets surging back in a whirlwind to beat Dallas 27-24 after being down 14 points.

The Butt-whipping Buf put on KC was the suprise of the day.

The Butt-whipping Buf put on KC was the suprise of the day.

That was shocking!

Romo is the most overrated QB in NFL history. What does he have on his resumé besides dating Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood?

Um, the fourth best passing record in NFL history and ranks first in net yards per attempt?
2006 Pro Bowl
2007 Pro Bowl
2009 Pro Bowl

Not to mention he's sufficiently adorable to attract a Carrie Underwood or Jessica Simpson?

But admittedly, he is plagued with inconsistency and a tendency to choke or make bad choices under pressure so we get these flashes of brilliance and some really disappointing efforts. It isn't his fault when somebody fumbles or fails to complete an assignment. But alas, sometimes he also shows poor judgment like in last night's closing moments when he threw what was almost certainly going to be an interception.

Mixed bag. But definitely not a terrible quarterback.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back