NFL week 1

Romo is the most overrated QB in NFL history. What does he have on his resumé besides dating Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood?

Um, the fourth best passing record in NFL history and ranks first in net yards per attempt?
2006 Pro Bowl
2007 Pro Bowl
2009 Pro Bowl

Not to mention he's sufficiently adorable to attract a Carrie Underwood or Jessica Simpson?

But admittedly, he is plagued with inconsistency and a tendency to choke or make bad choices under pressure so we get these flashes of brilliance and some really disappointing efforts. It isn't his fault when somebody fumbles or fails to complete an assignment. But alas, sometimes he also shows poor judgment like in last night's closing moments when he threw what was almost certainly going to be an interception.

Mixed bag. But definitely not a terrible quarterback.

He handed a game to the Jets last night with two bad decisions. Not protecting the ball inside the ten and that idiotic pass that went directly to Revis.

Numbers and QB ratings are great, but if you make bad choices in the last two minutes of the game it wipes out everything else

I've got Matt Hasselbeck withdrawals.. Thanks for fucking up the team Carroll. Our new QB is a real gem!

The Seattle Seahawks SUCK!!!!!

Your 'D' played okay, special teams is another story. I thought Carroll made some good half-time adjustments, enabling your QB to play better in the second half; keep the faith, if the 'O' line & special teams play as poorly the rest of the year you may be "Lucky" come 2012 draft.

the TD review rules suck too, another shameless ploy for more commercials. I am almost on board with the add-less reruns on NFL network and fuc Direct TV and the 'package'. the ravens steelers game really, the best game of the day was on national tv.....what the fuc am I paying for?

I love Sunday Ticket.

you're Canadian, you don't count

:lol:

Romo is the most overrated QB in NFL history. What does he have on his resumé besides dating Jessica Simpson and Carrie Underwood?

Um, the fourth best passing record in NFL history and ranks first in net yards per attempt?
2006 Pro Bowl
2007 Pro Bowl
2009 Pro Bowl

Not to mention he's sufficiently adorable to attract a Carrie Underwood or Jessica Simpson?

But admittedly, he is plagued with inconsistency and a tendency to choke or make bad choices under pressure so we get these flashes of brilliance and some really disappointing efforts. It isn't his fault when somebody fumbles or fails to complete an assignment. But alas, sometimes he also shows poor judgment like in last night's closing moments when he threw what was almost certainly going to be an interception.

Mixed bag. But definitely not a terrible quarterback.

Which means Dallas needs to draft another QB.

Is it any surprise the Oakland Raiders are Tha Malcontent's favorite team...? :lol:

Oakland Raiders need some brain with their brawn

They were great. They were gross.

They hit hard. They also hit late, cheap, sometimes without helmets, and often without conscience.

As always, I couldn’t stop watching them. But, as always, I could barely stomach what I was seeing.

The Oakland Raiders played perhaps the toughest football of the NFL’s first week Monday, overpowering the Denver Broncos with three forced turnovers and five sacks while rushing for 152 more yards in a 23-20 victory.

They also played absolutely the dumbest, most thuggish football of the first week with 15 penalties for 131 yards, more penalties than were assessed the New Patriots, Green Bay Packers and New York Jets combined.

The Jets, incidentally, had zero penalties while mounting a bruising comeback against the Dallas Cowboys, proving it is possible to use both your muscles and your brains, sometimes even at the same time.

The Raiders never seem to understand this, which once again makes them the biggest waste of football space imaginable, a bunch of talented and probably decent guys who won’t become champions because they are too focused on acting like street punks.

On display Monday was the truth rarely understood by fans with lives draped in silver and black. The color that owns their organization is actually yellow. What they love most about their Raiders is precisely what dooms them. Their rogue rebelliousness may win hearts, but it loses games.

For all their bluster, the Raiders haven’t won a Super Bowl in 28 years. :thup:

Bill Plaschke: Oakland Raiders need some brain with their brawn - latimes.com

Forum List

Back