NFL - think twice on Limbaugh

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Jay Canuck, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,594
    In the end, they will do whatever the bottom line wants.

Its a business.

2. elvis

elvis Rookie Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,305
    exactly, and unless they want Jesse and Al drawing all kinds of negative attention to the NFL, or leading boycotts, they will follow their orders.

3. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,390
    yet you have but 2 that have said anything on it out of 32
    so you can NOT say MOST

4. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,594
    Regardless, that is their right. That's the power of the market. If he wasn't controversial, nobody would care.

5. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60,594
    Doesn't matter. The NFL is the most tightly organized professional sporting league in America. If two guys are speaking out, then there is a lot more than two who oppose him.

Name me one single person whom NFL owners have ever opposed publicly becoming owners. Ever.

6. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,853
    Jesse, Al, AND Rush are all a bunch of race baiting mother fuckers. It's the same thing just a different style.

7. manifold

manifold BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,376
    They didn't bother him. In fact, they didn't even know he was part of one of the groups bidding until he violated the confidentiality agreement he signed and leaked the story.

It's pretty clear now that Rush did this purely for the publicitiy. He may be a piece of shit, but he's a deviously clever piece of shit, I'll give him that.

8. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    That's not what Rush said. Can you support the claim that Rush leaked the story? Got Link?????

9. manifold

manifold BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,376
    It was reported by Adam Schecter (ESPN). I heard it this moring on the radio.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  10. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,875
    I found this.

RUSH LIMBAUGH, RADIO TALK SHOW HOST: One Saturday, I was out playing golf at Donald Trump's course here in West Palm Beach. And as I hit the practice range, I saw a guy that I had met a couple of times previously, Dave Checketts. And Dave Checketts said, You know, this Rams thing is real, and I really would love to talk to you about it. And I said, OK.

So we set a date, and Dave Checketts and a mutual friend came to my home. I served him lunch and Checketts made his pitch. This is what we think it's going to take. This is what we would like from you. We would like you very much to be part of this. And I said to him at this meeting, I said, Are you aware of the firestorm that's -- oh, yes. I'm totally aware, Rush, and believe me, I wouldn't have approached you if I hadn't taken care of that. I would not have even come and asked you to be part of the group if I had not cleared your involvement with people at the highest levels of the National Football League.

When this all started to unravel with the leaking of my being a part of the group, the predictable firestorm started. And I said, Are you guys prepared here? Do you understand what's going on? Oh, yes. We want you. We want you to be our partner. Don't worry, Rush. I would not have gone this far if I hadn't wired this before I even spoke to you.

Now, remember, I did not seek them out. They sought me out. They came here to my home. So eventually, when DeMaurice Smith -- and he may pronounce it Day-Maureese, I'm not sure -- DeMaurice Smith is the new executive director of the National Football League players association -- he sent a letter to the commissioner, Roger Goodell, strongly objecting to my being anywhere near the National Football League on the basis that I don't unify, I'm a divider and divisive, and this sort of thing. And then of course, the two race hustlers, the Reverend Jackson and Reverend Sharpton, got involved.

And I got a call on Tuesday night from Dave Checketts -- I'm sorry, I have to -- I have to ask you to withdraw. And I said, I thought you had this wired. I thought -- Well, Rush, I -- obviously, I'm sorry. I feel terrible about this, but I just -- we can't go forward with you in the group.

And I said, Well, I'm not going to withdraw. If you want me out, you go public and fire me, which he did.

Rove: Limbaugh Will Shake Off NFL Snub and Move On - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta - FOXNews.com