NFL suspends Watson 11 games and fines him 5 million

11 games from the NFL, 6 games from the arbitrator.

Hmmm..... taking bets that, on appeal, the suspension is 9 games, which equates to almost half the season.

Hmmm..... taking bets that, on appeal, the suspension is 9 games, which equates to almost half the season.
Listening to Brown owner...

"This isn't about DeShawn." Really? She is hoping that all those women who sued will come forwards so this doesn't happen again to "men and women".....PLEASE,?

Watson has more guaranteed money than Aaron Rodgers....REALLY!

I don't think the NFLPA can appeal.

Just saw that the NFLPA agrees with the decision. It is over.

I believe it goes from 6 games to 11 games. I expected around the middle between the original 6 games and the 17 game season.

Probably no appeal. Per the article, Watson agreed to the conditions.

Better...and I still cannot understand the Browns thinking....signing this guy and breaking the bank for him

Cleveland really needed a quality quarterback.

And in their opinion , Mr. Watson was the best available.

I just don't understand what Watson's problem is however. He is accused of acting inappropriately in front of masseuses. Is he really that naive that he can't discern the difference between legitimate massage and sleazy, smutastic massages where the kind of behavior is alleged to have conducted in would have been expected?

Watson should have gone to New England, where the owner could have mentored him in the differences.

Watson's first game back will be with...wait for it..the Texans. Coincidence? The NFL is all about profit.

mmm..... taking bets that, on appeal, the suspension is 9 games, which equates to almost half the season
This was an agreement between the NFL and NFLPA so I don’t believe there can be any appeal.

He’ll be available for the last six games of the regular season. It’s about what I expected (12 games). The fine is large enough to make most people think it’s meaningful, even though it really isn’t.

Considering there’s no conviction in any of these cases, it’s probably about the most thst could be expected.

Forum List

Back