Newt On Fire! Hammers ObamaCare and Media -video

I love Newt. I didn't think he was electable, but that might be changing.

He is without a doubt the smartest guy who's interested in being president. I would love to see him debate the Big 0. He could catalogue the disaster that has been the Obama Administration from the pervasive corruption in the various executive agencies to the crony capitalism to the the theft of tax dollars throughout the stimulus wastes and so on.

He refuses to play the game the media wants him to play and, like a chess master playing a chess novice is several moves ahead before the media drones can finish their half baked attack questions.

The media will try to assassinate him and the Republican elite will try to undermine him.

He is this generation's Teddy Roosevelt.

He is in support of a health care mandate. Romney had the courage to enforce a mandate yet you all critizise him for that position. It's okay if Newt suggests it, but hammer Romney because he did it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that the gravy train should be over for health care and that everyone, even the poor pay on a sliding scale according to their income, but to sit here and give Newt a high 5 and then trash Mitt for doing it, is quite hypocritical.

his knowledge of policy detail is remarkable, which is a big contrast to Romney and Obama who both love vapid, market researched campaign slogans

Newt's the only reason the debates are even worth watching

Romney has it, and has spoken it, you just have not listened.

He is in support of a health care mandate. Romney had the courage to enforce a mandate yet you all critizise him for that position. It's okay if Newt suggests it, but hammer Romney because he did it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree that the gravy train should be over for health care and that everyone, even the poor pay on a sliding scale according to their income, but to sit here and give Newt a high 5 and then trash Mitt for doing it, is quite hypocritical.

Most Republican only oppose the mandate because the Democrats beat them to it. Corporatism über alles!

So, Newt supports the unconstitutional individual mandate, but only if he's the one who gets to decide how it's implemented? How fucking narcissistic can you get?

I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of the primary.....assured by Newt that he is not interested in duking it out with his competitors.

The health care issue is a loser for you nutters. The misinformation campaign has not succeeded. People know that we need to have a system that leads to better outcomes for more people. Getting ripped off by insurance companies is not the desired outcome.

So a mandate to buy insurance from said company's is a desired outcome?? so who really is carting that bucket of misinformation??

You assume too much. I am in favor of eliminating health insurance companies altogether. As are a good portion of the people who poll against the Affordable Health Care Act. The legislation that passed does a few things to strip insurance companies of the power to fuck people over......but doesn't go near where I'd like it to go.

But......what we got is better than what we had. And it is a step toward single payer. That is why liberals don't consider it a deal breaker when it comes to voting for Obama.

Try harder, please.

I am confused by people who see this issue as you do.

Insurance companies are what they are which is a for profit payer of medical bills. The bills, however, are not generated by the insurance companies. The bills are generated by the Healthcare Industry which is also very profitable.

Why are you focusing your frustration at those who are paying the bills and not at those who are creating the bills?

The problem is not the folks who pay the bills. The problem is the size of the bills. The entire system is set up by the AMA and is structured and regulated to assure that Doctors an Healthcare organizations get rich.

A good part of what they spend is spent to make opinions like yours.

The challenge with Healthcare is not figuring out a way to pay the already inflated bills for the treatments that are often superfluous. The challenge is to reform the system to provide a more rational and affordable method of care delivery.

That you have missed this entirely is a credit both to the Democrats and the Healthcare Industry.

Newt was for a universal healthcare mandate before he was against it...

However, in a YouTube video flagged by Health Care for America Now, as recently as 2005, well beyond the 1990s, Newt was vociferously championing the mandate - just a few years before Democrats took it up, and in the process reversing pretty much all past support for it among some Republicans.

At a forum in 2005, alongside then-Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and former Sen. John Breaux (D-LA), Gingrich explained the tradeoffs that both the right and the left would have to make in health care: For the right, some transfer of wealth is involved in providing health care for the working poor, the disabled, and other groups. And for the left, individuals should still have control over their health care, rather than total government management.

"I mean, I am very opposed to a single-payer system - but I'm actually in favor of a 300 million-payer system. Because one of my conclusions in the last six years, and founding the Center for Health Transformation, and looking at the whole system is, unless you have a hundred percent coverage, you can't have the right preventive care, and you can't have a rational system, because the cost-shifts are so irrational, and create second-order problems."

Newt Sure Loved the Health-Care Mandate in 2005

Newt's view on anything is not a sound bite.

He is always the smartest man in the room and he never sees only one side of anything. His understanding of this issue is so in depth that citing only one facet of the issue leaves out the other encyclopedic issues that he is always considering.

There are two sides of this issue that both have a million issues to consider. One is providing the care and the other is paying for that care.

In a perfect "Newt World", the entirety of both sides of the issue would be perfected and implemented as changing and improving entities.

Newt is addressing something that is simply true. Everyone enjoys the healthcare system at different levels of access. That is why we don't see people dying in the street. Everyone has access.

Newt is agreeing with a part of what Obama has said, but he is saying it in a way that Obama did not. I know poor people who are looking forward to getting "free" healthcare bemoaning the idea that they cannot afford to pay for it and so should be simply granted it.

They don't realize that they will be forced to pay for it under the Big 0's ideas. While it is a part of the plan, it's not a part that is stated broadly enough for the disinterested to understand.

This is the idea that must be hammered home. This is not a gift. It's an additional tax on those who currently pay nothing.

So your point is that people who are currently free-riding will have to contribute to their own healthcare costs...

and you're stating this is a NEGATIVE aspect of the program?

Because I'm employed with benefits, it will have little impact on me. I'm pretty sure that any changes will only erode the benefits that I get and increase the costs. It is what it is.

For the poor, working or not, without healthcare coverage, they have a stress level that adds to their "quiet desperation". For these folks, the promise of available healthcare is heard to be free healthcare.

For this group, who can barely live from pay check to pay check, one more bill is a negative.

In a conversation with one such person, I was told that a working, single parent father simply cannot afford healthcare for him and his son. His understanding of the Obamacare plan is that he will get it for free.

The mandate is something that slipped past him completely.

I love Newt. I didn't think he was electable, but that might be changing.

He is without a doubt the smartest guy who's interested in being president. I would love to see him debate the Big 0. He could catalogue the disaster that has been the Obama Administration from the pervasive corruption in the various executive agencies to the crony capitalism to the the theft of tax dollars throughout the stimulus wastes and so on.

He refuses to play the game the media wants him to play and, like a chess master playing a chess novice is several moves ahead before the media drones can finish their half baked attack questions.

The media will try to assassinate him and the Republican elite will try to undermine him.

He is this generation's Teddy Roosevelt.

Again, you cannot take one little part of the understanding of any issue supported by Newt and call it the whole issue.

It's like putting a pinch of salt on the banquet table and calling it a cake.

Newtie first and formost is looking out for Newtie. Above family, above nation. Always has, always will.

So very true.

Hes flipped flopped every bit as much as Romeny.

He has cheated on his wifes as much as Cain.

He is smater than Perry but that is not saying much.

Hes not as crazy as Bachman.

And he will do and say things that make it completely crystal clear he is out for Newt and Newt only.

Just ask every one of the women he has fucked , even a couple of them that married him.

Newtie first and formost is looking out for Newtie. Above family, above nation. Always has, always will.

So very true.

And he will do and say things that make it completely crystal clear he is out for Newt and Newt only.

Just ask every one of the women he has fucked , even a couple of them that married him.

Just to be clear, then, you are saying the infidelity is a disqualifier of people to be considered a good president?

Clinton had a pronounced problem with this, but the country was in a pretty fat and happy time while he was the President. Oh, did you notice who was his partner as the Speaker of the House during his terms? Two reprobates who made things better for everyone.

Newt is smarter than Perry. I am, too. Quite probably, you are, too. You'd be challenged to find someone who doesn't fit that description. Perry knows how to get elected and that is something, but not enough to be president. We already have a guy like that in the office.

Charging Newt with Flip Flopping is hardly fair. He includes 20 positions in every comment on every issue. That is why he is open to compromise. He understands issues and understands positions in terms of their value, not just their party endorsements.

The sound bite thinking of politicians is not even a part of what Newt does. You actually have to listen and think when Newt speaks. He will lay before you a tapestry of understanding on any issue you may care to discuss. It is up to you to either try to understand or to just hang the effigy you create.

What will be your course of action?

Last edited:

So very true.

This is laughable coming from the forum retard. You're certifiable.

she is going to pretend Newt hasnt flipped flopped.

She is going to pretend newt is not s serial sexual cheater.

She is going to pretend Newt is not smarter than Perry.

She is going to preten Newt is a crazy as Bachman.

She is going to pretend he is not out for himself.

All so she can call petty names.

The right has no morals left

she is going to pretend Newt hasnt flipped flopped.

She is going to pretend newt is not s serial sexual cheater.

She is going to pretend Newt is not smarter than Perry.

She is going to preten Newt is a crazy as Bachman.

She is going to pretend he is not out for himself.

All so she can call petty names.

The right has no morals left

How about I pretend that you can spell? Gee, there's an idea!

This is exactly part of the reason for Newt's growing appeal. What much of the lamestream media, pundits, etc. just don't get is how tired many of us are of them. And I doubt they'll ever figure it out. They're so smart, important and necessary in their own minds that it's simply not fathomable that many of us have the degree of contempt for them we do.

Like a lot of others the thought of Newt involved in debate with Barry is a delicious prospect for me, but no more so than the other opportunities it will afford him to skewer media pukes when they deserve it.

Forum List

Back