Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Runs In 2016, GOP "Incapable Of Competing"

She may say she doesn't want to run, but I think in two years she's going to be tanned, rested and itching to get back out there. I don't see anyone at present in either party, who'd be able to touch her. So, who's going to turn down a sure win?

Clinton lost to Obama in 08, setting up last times loser is a gamble and one that rarely pays off.

Im aware she had high job approval ratings, before Benghazi, but Id bet that's those ratings have dropped dramatically. The country typically flips every 8 years anyway, and since I believe debt will be astronomical in 2016, I feel it would be hard for any dem to win, let alone someone as polarizing as Hiliary.

She will be pushing 70 by then, and if we're all honest, she looks every one of those years. IMO all the GOP has to do is run a young vibrate fresh face and paint her as last decades candidate.

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly brushes off the idea of a 2016 presidential bid. But if she were to run, at least one prominent Republican thinks his party would be completely outmatched.

"The Republican party is incapable of competing at that level," Gingrich said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"First of all, she's very formidable as a person," he said. "She's a very competent person. She's married to the most popular Democrat in the country; they both think [it] would be good for her to be president. It makes it virtually impossible to stop her for the nomination."

In addition to having Bill Clinton's support, Hillary Clinton would also have the backing of President Barack Obama, who will still be a "relatively popular president," Gingrich added. "Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl."

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing' (VIDEO)

Hillary Clinton job approval, 2016 prospects and favorability ratings - The Washington Post

So now it is ok to Listen to Newt?

the dude was dead wrong this time around, and now the libs want us to believe him.

lol

classic.

Clinton lost to Obama in 08, setting up last times loser is a gamble and one that rarely pays off.

Im aware she had high job approval ratings, before Benghazi, but Id bet that's those ratings have dropped dramatically. The country typically flips every 8 years anyway, and since I believe debt will be astronomical in 2016, I feel it would be hard for any dem to win, let alone someone as polarizing as Hiliary.

She will be pushing 70 by then, and if we're all honest, she looks every one of those years. IMO all the GOP has to do is run a young vibrate fresh face and paint her as last decades candidate.

It's really a shame, I find it hard to support any democrat, but if I had to pick one Hillary might be it.

I agree on the age point, that's an important consideration (and one that might keep her from running altogether). And one party holding the White House for 12 straight years is tough to do in any climate. But on this:

Im aware she had high job approval ratings, before Benghazi, but Id bet that's those ratings have dropped dramatically.

Benghazi happened in September. These numbers for her are out just this week:

Graphic1.jpg

Two-thirds still approve of her personally and of the job she's doing, with a clear majority already expressing support for her non-existent candidacy. Those are insane numbers to start a campaign with.

Does anyone honesty believe that the GOP can attract enough minorities, women and young voters to win in 2016? What does the GOP have to offer them? Jon Huntsman was the only sane GOP Primary candidate in 2012 - and the crazy wingnut base totally ignored him. Apparently, he was just too "intellectual" for their tastes. And, if this board is any indication, the GOP wingnut base will be just as crazy, or crazier, in 2016.

The 2014 mid-term elections will give further indication of what to expect in 2016.

Didn't she have the nomination locked up in 2008? Personally, I don't think she's going to run.

She will be 69 years old in 2016. She would just be another Marxist following in Obammy's footsteps. Her college thesis on Saul Alinsky was almost 70 pages.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JcW5bD1A0]Hillary Rodham Clinton's thesis was on Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals - 1969 - YouTube[/ame]

2012-09-26T153823Z_1445981124_GM1E89Q1TLH01_RTRMADP_3_UN-ASSEMBLY-1.jpg

Last edited:
She probably would win. It's just doubtful she will run. In four years the country will be on its back gasping out its last breaths. That is if we aren't at war by then. Will Hillary want to step into that?

What was Hillary going to do, complain that Obama committed voter fraud to cost her the nomination?

By Jennifer Bendery

WASHINGTON -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton regularly brushes off the idea of a 2016 presidential bid. But if she were to run, at least one prominent Republican thinks his party would be completely outmatched.

"The Republican party is incapable of competing at that level," Gingrich said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet The Press."

"First of all, she's very formidable as a person," he said. "She's a very competent person. She's married to the most popular Democrat in the country; they both think [it] would be good for her to be president. It makes it virtually impossible to stop her for the nomination."

In addition to having Bill Clinton's support, Hillary Clinton would also have the backing of President Barack Obama, who will still be a "relatively popular president," Gingrich added. "Trying to win that will be truly the Super Bowl."

Newt Gingrich: If Hillary Clinton Runs In 2016, Republicans 'Incapable Of Competing' (VIDEO)

Hillary Clinton job approval, 2016 prospects and favorability ratings - The Washington Post

2016? better hope we have an America in 2014

Didn't she have the nomination locked up in 2008? Personally, I don't think she's going to run.

She will be 69 years old in 2016. She would just be another Marxist following in Obammy's footsteps. Her college thesis on Saul Alinsky was almost 70 pages.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JcW5bD1A0]Hillary Rodham Clinton's thesis was on Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals - 1969 - YouTube[/ame]

"Marxist"? LOL! Child, the word you're attempting to use in your bumblefuck manner doesn't mean what you think it means.

"Marxist"? LOL! Child, the word you're attempting to use in your bumblefuck manner doesn't mean what you think it means.
She'd look like Goldwater next to Barry Obuttfuck.

Maybe she could even run as a republican, the way that dumpster fire of a party is going.

Hillary Rodham Clinton's thesis was on Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals - 1969 - YouTube

She'd look like Goldwater next to Barry Obuttfuck.

Maybe she could even run as a republican, the way that dumpster fire of a party is going.

Perhaps, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Jake is going to suggest Hillary as Republican Candidate in his Moderate Republican Steering committee

She probably would win. It's just doubtful she will run. In four years the country will be on its back gasping out its last breaths. That is if we aren't at war by then. Will Hillary want to step into that?

Don't believe that'll be the case as far as the country is concerned, but if it was I believe she'd definitely want to step into it. She doesn't strike as someone looking for the easy way.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back