Newsweek: Madam President Issue

I hope every morning the rest of her life her first thought is she blew her lifelong dream...twice! And her second thought being Monica blew bill dozens of times yet she stood by his side anyway.

Good morning, Hillary! Here's your mirror...

I do believe she won by popular vote, yet that was thrown aside to elect Trump by means of an old system of collegiate association..I just wonder how the client/patron ancient Roman system will benefit those of the collegiate association..votes don't matter of the general population through a plebiscite..and even those mandated by popular votes have been changed legislatively...So the idea of a representative democracy have failed, yet again, in the USA.......

I do believe she won by popular vote, yet that was thrown aside to elect Trump by means of an old system of collegiate association..I just wonder how the client/patron ancient Roman system will benefit those of the collegiate association..votes don't matter of the general population through a plebiscite..and even those mandated by popular votes have been changed legislatively...So the idea of a representative democracy have failed, yet again, in the USA.......

Um. What? You act like this was something new. The rules for victory were laid out more than two centuries before. This wasn't something new that the Republicans just pulled out of their asses.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Um. What? You act like this was something new. The rules for victory were laid out more than two centuries before. This wasn't something new that the Republicans just pulled out of their asses.

Well, it came from this ass in 2012:

Donald J. Trump
Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.
  • 8:45 PM - 6 Nov 2012

Cry.jpg

Dem Super Delegates: Good
Electoral College: Bad

Trump himself said the EC was a disaster for democracy when Obama won by both popular vote and EC. Or don't you follow him on TWITTER?

How much are they selling for now?

I think I'll hold on to my copy till after she dies.

Is that wrong?

It's either a voter fueled govt. or it is not....it can't be both.........

Trump himself said the EC was a disaster for democracy when Obama won by both popular vote and EC. Or don't you follow him on TWITTER?
You mean it's not different since he won by way of the corrupt system?

Then you are saying that my vote along with millions others, don't count?? You do know that of all presidents of the US that have have won, won by collegiate college votes 4 times...And John Quincy Adams won the presidency by not getting in by popular votes or electoral college votes..

Then you are saying that my vote along with millions others, don't count?? You do know that of all presidents of the US that have have won, won by collegiate college votes 4 times...And John Quincy Adams won the presidency by not getting in by popular votes or electoral college votes..

Your vote counted in your state. You see the winner was the one with the most Electoral votes as apportioned among the states. If you are from California for example your state holds a big chunk of electoral votes. If you were from Wyoming then the entire state is allocated a mere three votes, the bare minimum.

Adams won under the 12th Amendment. You may have heard of it. You see we set the rules before the contest was held. So that everyone in the game knows how the winner is decided.

Now you want to decide the rules shouldn't apply because your team lost. That's like arguing your team should win the World Series because they got more base hits even though the other team got more runs. The rules were laid out more than two centuries ago. The rules were known for that entire time. This isn't something new or unheard of. It has happened and will happen again. To become President of the United States you have to win enough of the States.

Forum List

Back