Newsom's reparations panel demands ability to deny real estate purchases by race.

Yes, you are.
No. I'm saying you're responsible for the debts of the American government, I've never said you were responsible for racism in the 40s, 50s and 60s and you can't produce a quote of me doing so.
Yes, and all of society paid for them, including the Japanese folks here paying taxes. It was not just the white people that had to pay.
Who is saying we should fund restorative justice with a specific tax on white people?
The board gives itself the power to do so
Where? Quote where they ask for the power to redline white people.

Because you either have justice for all, or you have no justice.
There's different kinds of justice. If someone burns your house down there's the justice of that person going to jail and there is the justice of being compensated for the financial harm caused. Just because I use the term restorative justice to specify the latter doesn't mean that it isn't justice.

But it's not wrong now?

Really? Because you will inherently be propagating an injustice against someone else when you do so. That's not actual justice. In this example you want to punish one group (who didnt actually commit the injustice) to benefit another group (to whom the injustice wasnt committed against). In what fantasy world is that "justice"?

Hyperbole is all you have because you don't have a rational argument for why victims of segregation and redlining shouldn't receive justice.
Irony from the poster with no rational arguments .... as reparations are not rational -- especially given the rationale provided in the recommendations. It's gone from a slavery viewpoint (which California outlawed after it became a state) to .. everything else. Reparations doesn't solve problems .. it's a band-aid approach, and how ironic that Newsom will most likely run for president soon ..

There's different kinds of justice. If someone burns your house down there's the justice of that person going to jail and there is the justice of being compensated for the financial harm caused. Just because I use the term restorative justice to specify the latter doesn't mean that it isn't justice.
It is not justice of any sort because it puniches those who did NOTHING

Igt is a bald faced lie to call it justice and it is nothing more than racism and racist oppression

But it's not wrong now?
What's wrong now? Where has the panel suggested redlining white people?
Really? Because you will inherently be propagating an injustice against someone else when you do so. That's not actual justice. In this example you want to punish one group (who didnt actually commit the injustice) to benefit another group (to whom the injustice wasnt committed against). In what fantasy world is that "justice"?
Punish how?

In this example you are punishing the person who committed the crime and making whole the actual person the crime was committed against.

For this example to be similar you would have to pick some random person who looked like the person who started the fire and put them in jail, then give money to some other random person who looked like the person who owned the house.

What wrong? If you harm someone and are being forced to compensate them for that harm can that really be considered harm against you?
That is a false equivelence

This is a case of people doing NO HARM against another but somehow being judged responsible and forced to suffer so that others can get off on imposing racism'

This proposal compensates NO ONE

What's wrong now? Where has the panel suggested redlining white people?

According to the OP yes. And you said it was ok because it happened in the past.

Punish how?

I should have known better than to think you wanted to have an actual honest conversation about anything. I apologize. I forgot who I was talking to.

As long as we continue to differentiate between the races, racism and inequality will be the rule of the day.

Irony from the poster with no rational arguments .... as reparations are not rational -- especially given the rationale provided in the recommendations. It's gone from a slavery viewpoint (which California outlawed after it became a state) to .. everything else. Reparations doesn't solve problems .. it's a band-aid approach, and how ironic that Newsom will most likely run for president soon ..
Reparations are no different a concept from someone who was stolen from being compensated by the thief except with Reparations the thief is usually a government. What's irrational about that?

That's what white people did during segregation you historically ignorant Dipshit. 😄

Why do some whites not understand restorative justice is going to entail giving up some of those previous ill gotten gains.
This is not just one side versus another side. Within one side the authoritarians screw over their own also. Which gives your side the advantage. There is current ill-gotten gains. Now in another angle.. How many private business white people will go into ghettos today to perform a service without trepidation? Tell me. Asking for payment up front in cash. Let alone after the service is done. Reality today. Reality that is reality.

The problem here is that the American government was a party to these injustices.

And? What does this have to do with loans being take out today? The old adage, two wrongs don’t make right comes to mind.

According to the OP yes. And you said it was ok because it happened in the past.

I should have known better than to think you wanted to have an actual honest conversation about anything. I apologize. I forgot who I was talking to.

It's incapable of having an honest conversation with anyone. That's why it's been on my iggy list for at least a year.

It ought to be banned for its obdurate stupidity, by the maudes can't do that.

The OP isn't on the panel. I'm asking for your evidence that the panel recommending redlining.
Your honest conversation is to rely on the OPs say so.... 😄

And? What does this have to do with loans being take out today? The old adage, two wrongs don’t make right comes to mind.
Who is being wronged by giving favorable loans to previous victims of injustice?

Forum List

Back