Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots)

Before that 1986 Income Tax Reform Fuck Job, Mrs Clean and I were claiming 10 exemptions between us and breaking even at tax time.

Since then, we've had to cut back to zero exemptions and write the IRS a check every year.

Reagan, fuck him!

Holding onto all that resentment and anger since 1986 has gotta be healthy for you

Can't be any worse than the resentment you harbor towards Progressives.

for it to be equal, he'd have to resent Carter. what say you, CF?

I say a lot of things to be provocative and make Progressives throw their monitor at the fish tank, but Soros fired Obama and I really think he'll find a graceful way not to run again in 2012

George Soros Tells Progressive Donors Obama Might Not Be The Best Investment
Amazing, this soros,

He must be the most powerful man on Earth. It must be new-found power, as he didn't "fire" George W. Bush.

Soros didn't back Bush.

See the difference?

and to think I thought God put kings in power and removed them.

I say a lot of things to be provocative and make Progressives throw their monitor at the fish tank, but Soros fired Obama and I really think he'll find a graceful way not to run again in 2012

George Soros Tells Progressive Donors Obama Might Not Be The Best Investment
Amazing, this soros,

He must be the most powerful man on Earth. It must be new-found power, as he didn't "fire" George W. Bush.

Soros didn't back Bush.

See the difference?

so you'll admit he is virtually powerless....

Before that 1986 Income Tax Reform Fuck Job, Mrs Clean and I were claiming 10 exemptions between us and breaking even at tax time.

Since then, we've had to cut back to zero exemptions and write the IRS a check every year.

Reagan, fuck him!

Holding onto all that resentment and anger since 1986 has gotta be healthy for you

Can't be any worse than the resentment you harbor towards Progressives.

Oh no, there have always been sociopaths and mass murderers who will go to any lengths to get power, that's human nature. I'm angry at my fellow citizens for not seeing through the Progressive narrative and understanding that it ALWAYS ends in misery poverty and killing fields, that's who angers me.

I laugh at the Progressives, especially most of the ones who post at USMB because you are the ones committing economic and political suicide, playing Russian roulette with a 155mm howitzer.

It never ends well for the Useful Idiots. Unless you're a Union Boss or Congressman I really don't see how you benefit from the Progressive Jihad.

Last edited:
Newsflash: On Balance, Reagan Cut The Total Tax Burden By @ $140B

4506671248_1e3c76f6cd.jpg

Presidents can veto. ;)
It was the first time in history, that taxes were raised on the lower class and lowered on the higher class.

No one should have to pay 70-80 percent in taxes. Sorry.

I agree.

The 1986 tax reform act was probably the best piece of legislation Reagan passed. Today's deficit reduction commission is proposing something similar.

Presidents can't raise taxes, Congress does that. Reagan had a Democrat Congress to work with, Democrats raised taxes (you idiots).

It's the same with the "Bush Tax Cuts". Impossible because according to the Constitution, Congress controls the purse strings. Last time I checked, G.W. Bush wasn't in Congress, he was the President.

Either way, I'm glad the national discussion has turned to tax cuts and budget plans.

If you care to look you will find Reagan's signature on all the bills that raised taxes. (You will also find democrats signatures on all that lowered taxes. (they had the majority)

That's the way it works.

Yep and how many Reagan vetoes did the Dems override?

On balance maybe, I do know that I started paying additional taxes for the first time in my life after Reagan did away with several tax deductions I had been getting.

You know that you used to be able to write of credit card and misc interest? Gasoline tax (for personal use, not business)? personal income averaging if you got a new higher paying job, big bonus, etc?
And I forget the others he did away with that burned me. Ohh yes the max percentage looked good but many middle incomers paid more.

Last edited:
Soros is the boogieman of the far right.
The Koch Bothers are the boogieman of the far left.
The two failures of ideologies sure love to have boogiemen scare their useful idiots don't they? I guess that makes sense as neither ideology has much in successes to fall back on.

On balance maybe, I do know that I started paying additional taxes for the first time in my life after Reagan did away with several tax deductions I had been getting.

You know that you used to be able to write of credit card and misc interest? Gasoline tax (for personal use, not business)? personal income averaging if you got a new higher paying job, big bonus, etc?
And I forget the others he did away with that burned me. Ohh yes the max percentage looked good but many middle incomers paid more.

Yes, we did.

Reagan, fuck him!

I love this persona

Forum List

Back