Newdow Really has a BRASS SET

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
An athiest lost his bid Wednesday to have the Supreme Court bar the saying of a prayer at President Bush's innaguration. Chief justice William H. Rehnquist denied Michael Newdow's claim that a prayer at Thurdday's ceremony would violate the Constitution by forcing him to accept unwanted religious beliefs.

In doing so, Rehnquist also rejected Newdow's request to excuse himself fromt he case because he is shceduled to swear in Bush. Newdow had argued that REhnquist had become a willing fixture in a government ceremony "infused with sectarian Christian religion" and thus had a conflict of interest

Two lower courts had rejected Newdow's request to ban the prayer, suggesting he couldn't show actual injury hearing it.

Attorneys representing Bush and his inagural committee had argued that prayers have been widely accepted at inagurals for more than 200 years and that Bush's decision to have a minister recite the invocation was a personal choice the court had no power to prevent.

www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,144856,00.html

-=d=- said:
I pray for that man...Newdow.

That's very generous of you, when I think of him, I have images of running him over with my car, then reality sets in and I block it from my mind.............LOL :death:

But yes he really needs prayers.

And it's great that the courts keep striking down his attempts to secularize the whole country, but what happens when he finally succeeds??

Fuck Newdow and everyone like him. People like him say that they hate how other people's beliefs are forced on them, but then they try to force their beliefs on us by trying to ban things like that. It's not like they are going around branding crosses on everyone or forcing people to convert to Christianity or die.

Forum List

Back