New Zealand PM

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
NZ PM Ardern recently said her country was “undeniably racist.”

I wonder if that will earn or cost her support among voters.

It's human nature to be tribalistic.
We are in racial tribes, nationality tribes, religious tribes.....etc
It's why we love to watch team sports so much because it's sports team tribalism.
It's why the Dirty Democrats always make politics about race, because it's an easy exploitation of human nature.
But that doesn't mean that we can hate or discriminate.

I wonder if the OP has ever heard of "links".
Two people answered the schmuck and he doesn’t even want to have a discussion about his on thread.

I say it won’t cost her. Why? Because new eland is probably 99% white.

74% of them are white. No she won’t suffer one bit from it. Why do you ask?

Interesting they have a pretty high Asian population. Something like 12%. 14% indigenous people whatever they are. You’d love it there

74% of them are white. No she won’t suffer one bit from it. Why do you ask?

Interesting they have a pretty high Asian population. Something like 12%. 14% indigenous people whatever they are. You’d love it there

Maori.

She's on maternity leave now. I believe the first head of state to do that.

-- in "modern" times in the 'western' world anyway

Two people answered the schmuck and he doesn’t even want to have a discussion about his on thread.

Why would those white people not dislike being called assholes?

When I'm among all white people and someone says something racist someone always yells out, "you racist asshole!" and everyone laughs.

She didn't say assholes. She said undeniably racist. Sorry she calls em like she sees them. Why, do you know for a fact that New Zelanders are not racist? I bet you anything they are. Oh sure you'll try to spin it that they aren't racist they are just proud of their own culture.

Maybe she sees her fellow countrymen acting like this

Furor over frat members' racist slurs in viral video

Remember this? I bet if you ask any member of this fraternity if they are racist they would say no. But boy did they have a good laugh when that kid sang there will never be a n*#$#r in our frat.

When I'm among all white people and someone says something racist someone always yells out, "you racist asshole!" and everyone laughs.

She didn't say assholes. She said undeniably racist. Sorry she calls em like she sees them. Why, do you know for a fact that New Zelanders are not racist? I bet you anything they are. Oh sure you'll try to spin it that they aren't racist they are just proud of their own culture.

Remember this? I bet if you ask any member of this fraternity if they are racist they would say no. But boy did they have a good laugh when that kid sang there will never be a n*#$#r in our frat.

Libs today, use "Racist" in no way connected to it's actual meaning, it is just an hateful slur.

Posting a vid of American frat boys to support your assumption that New Zealanders are racist?

Fail.

Libs today, use "Racist" in no way connected to it's actual meaning, it is just an hateful slur.

Posting a vid of American frat boys to support your assumption that New Zealanders are racist?

Fail.

Now you are defending white new zelanders I see. Even though you have no idea what they are. And even though their leader says they are a bunch of racists.

If you won't take her word for it, who's word will you take?

Oh, and it wasn't Jacinda Ardern who said it first. It was
Taika Waititi

She just agreed New Zelanders are in fact racist just like we are here in America and everywhere else in the world

'Can we do better? Yes': Jacinda Ardern wades into New Zealand racism debate

“People just flat-out refuse to pronounce Maori names properly. There’s still profiling when it comes to Polynesians. It’s not even a colour thing – like, ‘Oh, there’s a black person.’ It’s, ‘If you’re Poly then you’re getting profiled.’”

On Tuesday, Ardern was asked if she agreed with Waititi’s assertion that New Zealand was a racist society, and that Polynesian and Maori people continue to be negatively stereotyped.

I think probably you’d be hard-pressed to find a country that didn’t have racism in it, New Zealand is one of them.”

“Is there racism in New Zealand? Undeniably. Is there racism in most countries? Undeniably. Can we do better? Yes.”

I’d say the vast majority of the Kiwis are with her.
And Correll is going to disagree with them. Do you know why? Because if he admits the racism exists over there, he's probably got to admit it exists here too. Aint that right Correll?

Fail.

Now you are defending white new zelanders I see. Even though you have no idea what they are. And even though their leader says they are a bunch of racists.

Taika Waititi

She just agreed New Zelanders are in fact racist just like we are here in America and everywhere else in the world

Like here in America? That's what I was sort of expecting.

Got it, so

White New Zelanders are not really racist, it is just something asshole race baiters say, to advance their various racist agendas.

Fail.

Taika Waititi

Got it, so

White New Zelanders are not really racist, it is just something asshole race baiters say, to advance their various racist agendas.

I disagree with you to a point. They are not overt, hostile racists, but there is an undeniable undertone of passive racism, especially against the Maori. The correct pronunciation is Mowree, but the Kiwi's, especially the older ones, pronounce it mary. This is pretty universal. I have several good Maori friends in Whangarei and they became my friend because i treated them with respect from the get go. I would proactively correct my co workers when they mispronounced the Maori names or did other like behaviors.

Fail.

Taika Waititi

Got it, so

I disagree with you to a point. They are not overt, hostile racists, but there is an undeniable undertone of passive racism, especially against the Maori. The correct pronunciation is Mowree, but the Kiwi's, especially the older ones, pronounce it mary. This is pretty universal. I have several good Maori friends in Whangarei and they became my friend because i treated them with respect from the get go. I would proactively correct my co workers when they mispronounced the Maori names or did other like behaviors.

I will consider your input on this subject.

BUT, in the short term, such behavior hardly seems to call for insulting a whole nation.

Forum List

Back