New Zealand plans to ban young people from ever buying cigarettes in their lifetime in one of the world's toughest crackdowns on the tobacco industry

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this was a big debate in the 90s about the tobacco industry between Bob Dole and Bill Clinton

I never smoked in my life and I can't stand to be around people that do and think that most people who do smoke are idiots but I would never want the government to prevent people from doing it.

I never smoked in my life and I can't stand to be around people that do and think that most people who do smoke are idiots but I would never want the government to prevent people from doing it.
A rare moment of agreement. The freedom to choose includes the freedom to make bad choices.

Also...NZ is small--and easily managed..with a population that likes it that way.

Us...not so much~

America, how did prohibition work out?

New Zealand will continue to smoke, drug users continue to take drugs. So a ban will reduce but it won't stop.

this was a big debate in the 90s about the tobacco industry between Bob Dole and Bill Clinton

Smoking tobacco bad---smoking pot good right, Basque?

New Zealand plans to ban young people from ever buying cigarettes in their lifetime in one of the world's toughest crackdowns on the tobacco industry​

IT IS THEIR LOSS

P1010016a-2.jpg

P1010019a-2.jpg

P1010030a-2.jpg

Why, really? Should the same be applied to pot smoking?

Why, really? Should the same be applied to pot smoking?

That is an interesting distinction.

The difference is that smoking tobbaco may be a public health issue but at the end of the day these morons that smoke only kill themselves.

Pot, on the other hand, is a mind altering drug and it is a gateway drug to much more serious addictions.

If you smoke tobacco or pot you are pretty much an idiot regardless.

That is an interesting distinction.

The difference is that smoking tobbaco may be a public health issue but at the end of the day these morons that smoke only kill themselves.

Pot, on the other hand, is a mind altering drug and it is a gateway drug to much more serious addictions.

If you smoke tobacco or pot you are pretty much an idiot regardless.
Well, to tell you the truth, I would compare using drags not with smoking tobacco, but with consuming alcohol.

Yes, I agree that this comparison may seem far-fetched. But on the other hand, these things have much in common.

Well, to tell you the truth, I would compare using drags not with smoking tobacco, but with consuming alcohol.

Yes, I agree that this comparison may seem far-fetched. But on the other hand, these things have much in common.
Many people drink responsibly but many also abuse it. Alcoholism is a serous disease that causes a tremendous amount of destruction to families and society. However, with the exception of DUI laws the government has pretty much made the decision not to do much about it. They just tax it and let it go at that. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Many people drink responsibly but many also abuse it. Alcoholism is a serous disease that causes a tremendous amount of destruction to families and society. However, with the exception of DUI laws the government has pretty much made the decision not to do much about it. They just tax it and let it go at that. That ship sailed a long time ago.
Well, something like that should be done with drugs. The 'light' drugs should be legalized (with some restrictions in selling and using them); the 'hard' drugs should be considered a medical issue, and the respective approach should be applied.

Forum List

Back