New York Times: Police shootings not on increase....not going up....media hype to blame...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I heard about this article tonight on the Michael Medved show....he read portions of it and points out the title of the article is misleading.....and then he cites the stats....that police shootings of suspects are at an all time low....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/u...d-focus-may-suggest-otherwise.html?ref=topics

A number of criminologists believe police homicides are near their nadir. In New York City, for example, 91 people were fatally shot by police officers in 1971 — and a record-low eight in 2013, the last year for which figures are available. In Los Angeles, officers used “categorical” force — gunfire, chokings and other violence that could lead to death — in 84 of nearly 149,000 arrests in 2012, down 17 percent in seven years.

Advertisement

That data suggests that any perception that higher numbers of unarmed African-Americans are being killed by the police in recent months is driven by citizens’ postings of unsettling cellphone videos and pictures, like that of police officers dragging Freddie Gray, his legs apparently not working, into a van.

So, when democrat voters are rioting, looting and burning their towns down it is because of a false meme created by democrats who control the press.......who then are supported by the democrats in political power who throw more money at democrats who riot because of false memes created by democrats in the press.....lather, rinse, repeat..........

Yep. Police day to day show extremely good restraint and discipline.

Its the scumbags in media.....and bloodthirsty liberals who are on a jihad against white cops for some reason....that fuel the flames.

I said it before. Police brutality is like a pot hole on I 95. It sucks and needs to be fixed. But in scope...its a TINY problem.

I heard about this article tonight on the Michael Medved show....he read portions of it and points out the title of the article is misleading.....and then he cites the stats....that police shootings of suspects are at an all time low....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/01/u...d-focus-may-suggest-otherwise.html?ref=topics

A number of criminologists believe police homicides are near their nadir. In New York City, for example, 91 people were fatally shot by police officers in 1971 — and a record-low eight in 2013, the last year for which figures are available. In Los Angeles, officers used “categorical” force — gunfire, chokings and other violence that could lead to death — in 84 of nearly 149,000 arrests in 2012, down 17 percent in seven years.

Advertisement

That data suggests that any perception that higher numbers of unarmed African-Americans are being killed by the police in recent months is driven by citizens’ postings of unsettling cellphone videos and pictures, like that of police officers dragging Freddie Gray, his legs apparently not working, into a van.

So, when democrat voters are rioting, looting and burning their towns down it is because of a false meme created by democrats who control the press.......who then are supported by the democrats in political power who throw more money at democrats who riot because of false memes created by democrats in the press.....lather, rinse, repeat..........

That is good to hear. I do not agree with how police are being attacked. It may be the hardest job in the country.

I never thought police shootings were on the rise.

I merely think they are now being recorded by private citizens, so the game of bullying minorities, stealing their drugs and money, is over for cops.

This below happens ALL THE TIME.

RAW: NYPD Cop Steals $1300 A Man During Stop-and-frisk | Caught On Camera

I merely think they are now being recorded by private citizens, so the game of bullying minorities, stealing their drugs and money, is over for cops.

All the time is greatly exaggerated. Cops are helping people far more than any of the bad things.

Stealing their drugs? You are an idiot.

No. It doesnt happen "all the time". Unless you got proof it does?

That video has been showed to counter your false claim. At best it doesn't back your claim.

"New York Times: Police shootings not on increase....not going up....media hype to blame..."

That you and others on the right continue to not get it comes as no surprise.

This issue has nothing to do with police shootings being 'on the rise.'

The issue has to do with the excessive, unwarranted use of force and violence against citizens – the unnecessary manhandling of citizens, such as in the Baltimore case, choke-holds, citizens being dragged to the ground, dragged out of cars, and being subject to shootings.

And as a result of this excessive, unwarranted use of force and violence, citizens are being needlessly injured and in some cases killed – all of which could have been easily avoided given the fact the citizens being injured or killed posed no threat to themselves, to the general public, or to law enforcement officials.

"New York Times: Police shootings not on increase....not going up....media hype to blame..."

The issue has to do with the excessive, unwarranted use of force and violence against citizens – the unnecessary manhandling of citizens, such as in the Baltimore case, choke-holds, citizens being dragged to the ground, dragged out of cars, and being subject to shootings.

And as a result of this excessive, unwarranted use of force and violence, citizens are being needlessly injured and in some cases killed – all of which could have been easily avoided given the fact the citizens being injured or killed posed no threat to themselves, to the general public, or to law enforcement officials.
Everyone of those"citizens" had police records. Maybe they should not run if they are truly innocent.

Yeah...but as the liberal New York Times points out...the incidents of police shootings are going down...not up....and if the thugs the police try to arrest simply cooperated then at least 3 or 4 of them discussed on U.S. message board would still be alive today....how about you train kids in how to interact with the police in the government schools controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....then when a cop says "Sir, you are under arrest" they wouldn't fight and resist and let their lawyers handle it......

Yeah...but as the liberal New York Times points out...the incidents of police shootings are going down...not up....and if the thugs the police try to arrest simply cooperated then at least 3 or 4 of them discussed on U.S. message board would still be alive today....how about you train kids in how to interact with the police in the government schools controlled by the education wing of the democrat party....then when a cop says "Sir, you are under arrest" they wouldn't fight and resist and let their lawyers handle it......

That's among the most un-American things I've seen written on this M/B. Do you also bow and say thank you to someone that's continually kicking you in the nuts?

Forum List

Back