New York Times columnist warns America may be inadvertently dragged into direct war with Russia

If he goes MAD?

You don't even understand the questions posed by this discussion. Or is a military mindset blacking it out of your head. Get with the discussion or be ignored again.
Ignore I dont care. You arent that important anyway.

You keep pushing the narrative that if we dont stop saying bad Putin. Hes gonna launch nukes.

If he does. Be a man. Put your head between your butt and kiss it goodbye. Same scenario since wwii

You forget about Bin Laden's 9/11 attack?

Are you drunk?

Again, you claimed, falsely, that NATO stepped up to protect us. NATO did nothing of the kind. A coalition of nation, many of them outside of NATO, joined in the attack on Afghanistan, which posed no threat to America.

Seriously, you are so full of shit.

I think you're contemplating the possibilities if Russia resorts to a tactical nuclear weapon. But you're still avoiding the question of Russia using a nuclear weapon on the Ukraine, which would be the most likely of possibilities.

As to Russia using a nuke on Poland or one of the surrounding Nato countries, your military mindset has to be suggesting that MAD is not inevitable.

My opinion remains, that the use of a tactical nuclear weapon that doesn't violate the mutually agreed upon rules of the war, would not trigger a full scale nuclear war.

Does America have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

Does Russia have an option for the use of a tactical nuclear weapon?

These are questions in a discussion that propagandists would rather not be asked.

Are you of the opinion that MAD isn't inevitable? Your anger seems to be taking this conversation between us to a new level. That's telling.
You are the one talking nuclear weapons. I do not anticipate it, as it is not advantageous for Putin to use, tactical or otherwise. Try to calm yourself.

Are you drunk?

Again, you claimed, falsely, that NATO stepped up to protect us. NATO did nothing of the kind. A coalition of nation, many of them outside of NATO, joined in the attack on Afghanistan, which posed no threat to America.

Seriously, you are so full of shit.
You did not read the article or just rejected it?

You did not read the article or just rejected it?

Dude, the article does not support your claim.

No one questioned that there was an international coalition invading Afghanistan. I pointed out that NATO has never protected AMERICA.

You offered a straw man fallacy in hopes of distracting from the issue and the facts.

You are the one talking nuclear weapons.
Yes.
I do not anticipate it, as it is not advantageous for Putin to use, tactical or otherwise. Try to calm yourself.
The military mindset can't be cracked. That makes it impossible for you to explore any possibilities.
So I'll just state my perception of what is possible and becoming quite probable.

Russia will use a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine. The US won't respond with a nuclear weapon on Russia.

And slightly less probable, the same if Russia uses a nuclear weapon on Poland or a Nato country.

I've made myself clear for you. No response from you is required.

Dude, the article does not support your claim.

No one questioned that there was an international coalition invading Afghanistan. I pointed out that NATO has never protected AMERICA.

You offered a straw man fallacy in hopes of distracting from the issue and the facts.

The only time in history that Article 5 has been invoked was after the September 11 attacks, a fact that Trump mentioned. The memorial Trump was dedicating is a piece of steel from the North Tower that fell during the attacks.
“We remember and mourn those nearly 3,000 people who were brutally murdered by terrorists on September 11, 2001,” Trump said. “Our NATO allies responded swiftly and decisively, invoking for the first time in its history the Article 5 collective-defense commitment.”

Yes.

The military mindset can't be cracked. That makes it impossible for you to explore any possibilities.
So I'll just state my perception of what is possible and becoming quite probable.

Russia will use a tactical nuclear weapon on the Ukraine. The US won't respond with a nuclear weapon on Russia.

And slightly less probable, the same if Russia uses a nuclear weapon on Poland or a Nato country.

I've made myself clear for you. No response from you is required.
So, you are postulating, Putin is just mad dog crazy and would use them, even if not to tactical advantage or strategic advantage?
No. You cannot crack my military mindset to sell me that crock of crap. Prevailing wind would give Russia and Russsian held territory (already stolen from Ukraine) the lions share of fallout. There is no mass assembly area, suitable for targeting inside Ukraine. It would further galvanize international condemnation of Russia as a pariah state and could trigger involvement beyond Ukraine borders. Really really dumb move. He is not going to do it. Try to get some sleep if you can and talk to somebody professional of your anxiety attacks.

The only time in history that Article 5 has been invoked was after the September 11 attacks, a fact that Trump mentioned. The memorial Trump was dedicating is a piece of steel from the North Tower that fell during the attacks.
“We remember and mourn those nearly 3,000 people who were brutally murdered by terrorists on September 11, 2001,” Trump said. “Our NATO allies responded swiftly and decisively, invoking for the first time in its history the Article 5 collective-defense commitment.”
Nato has always been a tool for US aggression. The current conflict is proving that out more clearly now than ever before.

Even MSNBC has starting to pick up on that truth yesterday afternoon. The question being considered is whether America is going too far from the stated reason of helping the Ukraine.

This is undoubtedly being inspired by suspicions of nuclear war could result from US actions against Russia.

Perhaps some others witnessed the exchange between Mohedin and ..............??

This by the media outlet most sympathetic of Biden's war to save the Ukraine!
We'll have to wait to see if they're punished for airing their opinions?

Nato has always been a tool for US aggression. The current conflict is proving that out more clearly now than ever before.

Even MSNBC has starting to pick up on that truth yesterday afternoon. The question being considered is whether America is going too far from the stated reason of helping the Ukraine.

This is undoubtedly being inspired by suspicions of nuclear war could result from US actions against Russia.

Your anti-American opinion noted. You are on ignore, so you can make your case to somebody else.

So, you are postulating, Putin is just mad dog crazy and would use them, even if not to tactical advantage or strategic advantage?
Thanks for coming back to the discussion. I suspected you would need to.
My theory is bases on both tactical advantage considered by Putin/Russia as well as a psychological advantage being gained.
No. You cannot crack my military mindset to sell me that crock of crap. Prevailing wind would give Russia and Russsian held territory (already stolen from Ukraine) the lions share of fallout.
Not necessarily due to low radiation yield being available in tactical weapons. But also in secondary importance to Russia accepting defeat.
There is no mass assembly area, suitable for targeting inside Ukraine.
Kiev or outskirts would be my vision on what is probable. I think you're having to downplay the possibilities on account of you never being able to accept that this is a war between America and Russia. We don't need to debate that any further. I won't now that I've made myself clear on my perceptions.
It would further galvanize international condemnation of Russia as a pariah state and could trigger involvement beyond Ukraine borders.
Yes, it could but it would also be a situation in which the rules of this war are thrown out
Really really dumb move. He is not going to do it.
I find it inevitable that dumb moves will be made by one side or the other. But not fatal moves that result in allout nuclear war. That's my ace in the hole so to speak.
Try to get some sleep if you can and talk to somebody professional of your anxiety attacks.
You've already tried that kind of spam with me and it failed. You had to come back to address the questions first.

All your objections aside, I feel that Russia will be pushed to needing to use a tactical nuclear weapon, but that won't elicit a nuclear response by the US on Russian territory. The reason why the US wouldn't respond against Russia are obvious.

Do you think that MAD is a fact? If not, which country would be most likely to prevail in a nuclear war? If surviving is at all possible, I would give the advantage to Russia due to the size of it's territory and the superior weaponry. Don't take that as wishful thinking. My only wish is that it can be avoided.

Once you accept that this is a war between the US and Russia, you might be able to accept the fact that Russia won't accept defeat without at least experimenting with a tactical nuclear weapon. Is that possble for your military mindset?

Still doesn't support your claim. NATO joined a coalition that included a dozen non-NATO countries in invading Afghanistan.

{This was a watershed moment for the alliance. Failure to invoke Article 5 would have rendered NATO obsolete. Instead, the alliance, which had struggled to find its raison d'être following the collapse of the Soviet Union, was propelled into Afghanistan and the fight against terrorism.}

Sounds self-serving.

Still doesn't support your claim. NATO joined a coalition that included a dozen non-NATO countries in invading Afghanistan.

{This was a watershed moment for the alliance. Failure to invoke Article 5 would have rendered NATO obsolete. Instead, the alliance, which had struggled to find its raison d'être following the collapse of the Soviet Union, was propelled into Afghanistan and the fight against terrorism.}

Sounds self-serving.
Weak response on your part.

NATO was formed to counter the USSR. The USSR were assholes and why everyone of the countries left their sorry asses.

Russia can kiss my ass.

NATO has never defended America because there has never been a need for such defense. America is NATO. The treaty is to force us to protect them. It is also outdated.
Not outdated, in my opinion. NATO supports freedom and autonomy from oppressive regimes and ideologies, bad for Europe and us here in the US. The world and indeed this includes the European nations, can be a fragile place. We can, do, and have a history of leadership. It has evolved this way, because of the history of times, we did not step up soon enough to lead to head things off, and it became brutal for all involved, including us. It is no time to turn our backs and let whatever happens, happen until we are forced to take a stand, at a much higher cost in young men, and material. We are there, with NATO, so we don't ever have to fight our way back onto that continent to help put down the attack of a ruthless nation gone rogue, again. It is still a vital mission and I support it.

Not outdated, in my opinion. NATO supports freedom and autonomy from oppressive regimes and ideologies, bad for Europe and us here in the US. The world and indeed this includes the European nations, can be a fragile place. We can, do, and have a history of leadership. It has evolved this way, because of the history of times, we did not step up soon enough to lead to head things off, and it became brutal for all involved, including us. It is no time to turn our backs and let whatever happens, happen until we are forced to take a stand, at a much higher cost in young men, and material. We are there, with NATO, so we don't ever have to fight our way back onto that continent to help put down the attack of a ruthless nation gone rogue, again. It is still a vital mission and I support it.

NATO was established specifically to keep Stalin from invading West Germany. France and England never recovered after WWII. Only American might could keep Stalin, with all his American supplied munitions, in check.

Stalin is dead, the USSR was defeated by Ronald Reagan over 30 years ago, Germany is united and not threatened by Russia. The reason for NATO is gone.

Forum List

Back